Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > US appeals court panel: Law against faking receipt of military medals is unconstituti

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 12:07 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 887 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
I would like to hear the other two judges explain why they felt they shouldn't follow Supreme Court precedence.
http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2010/08/17/08-50345.pdf
That's the opinion from the 9th court. Pretty close to the top in the summary they explain their position.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 08-19-2010, 12:33 AM   #12

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I'll be brief;

First, isn't the 9th District Court the one that will soon hear the Arizona appeal? Oh great.

Second, faking receipt of military medals is called "Stolen Valor" and IMHO, treasonous!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7560 Times on 3293 Posts
Likes Given: 1122

Well, since this is about Freedom of Speech, I wonder how well it would play for me to show up in their courtroom, wearing a black robe, and insist on questioning the parties to a trial- during the trial. Right after I change out of my scrubs from down at the operating room, but before I put on my cassock, and go spend my time hearing confession down at the cathedral.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 887 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Well, since this is about Freedom of Speech, I wonder how well it would play for me to show up in their courtroom, wearing a black robe, and insist on questioning the parties to a trial- during the trial. Right after I change out of my scrubs from down at the operating room, but before I put on my cassock, and go spend my time hearing confession down at the cathedral.
That would be pretty good. You should get a black robe and stand on the steps of the courthouse claiming that you are a member of the 9th circuit court and talk to the media. I mean really, how many people in america know what members of the 9th circuit court actually look like.

Oh just realized your in Richmond. You could become the newest member of the SCOTUS.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 08-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #15

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

That would be impersonation and a crime.

Best not to wear the robes and just make the statement in civilian clothes. No visual support that you are who you say you are, just your lie.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #16
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2273 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 1061

I say....
If posers claim they received the military awards, then let them be judged in court (or military courts martial would be better) and accept the punishment.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC