URINATING on the TALIBAN..... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

URINATING on the TALIBAN.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5741 Times on 3365 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraga1978 View Post
I still dream about the 14 year old kid that shot one of my buddies with a .380...
If they are shooting at you or your fellow soldiers, they are the enemy, not a "kid". Don't sweat it ever. Thanks for getting shot at so that my friends and i would be free to discuss the ethics of the war.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #22

Liked 9215 Times on 5059 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Meh, bad time to be taking a picture, much less letting it get posted.

As an aside, i bleve somebody told me or posted that getting urine on you/your clothing is not halal or something? IOW the pee would be a real insult to a mooslim of the type common (far too common, IMO) in the 'Stans.
That's part of the reason why toilet paper will never be popular in Muslim countries, they pray 5 times a day, and they have to wash their hands, feet, face, and genitals before praying; therefore, it's easier for them to just use the bathroom (or poppy or marijuana field) soon before prayer and then just wash up when done (front and back). If you time this correctly you can catch a Taliban taking a dump with his RPG leaning against a nearby rock and take him prisoner with very little to no fuss.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #23

Liked 230 Times on 142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d
Dont say your welcome to me! Soldiers like you make me sick. I have more respect for soldiers than anyone else on this earth! I have been workin with my recruters since i was 14 to join the Army and I have met and trained with men that have taken there own lives after coming back from the war becuase of what they have done! The thing I have learned from all of them is sacrifice. Every person joining the military should come to terms with what might happen in war. You should never take joy in killing anyone! For any reason ever! You killed the kid that was raised to hate us and he killed your friend I dont argue that you killing him was wrong at all.. But you took joy in it.. Wow. I dont even know what else to say to you.. It just makes me sick that someone can cope with all that pain by losing there soul and becoming a monster that kills and feels pleasure from it.
Acts committed towards or by a soldier or marine during a war have a profound impact on their psyche and character,some deal with it differently than others. But I doubt they have a choice in how they find ways to live with it. After seeing the monstrosities of war your precious moral base and values will almost certainly become twisted. The amount of death and pain some of these men see to make sure you don't have too is not natural,who are you to tell them the way it impacts them makes them a bad person. Sure you may think you have better morals than some of these men that have seen war,whos to say they didnt at one time think the way you now do.lets pretend you are succesful in joining the army,who's to say that after seeing 2 of your buddies die from an ied while passing out food and water to school children after you saw a man on a cell phone across the street and didn't do anything about it because you gave this man of another culture the benifit if the doubt. And not a week later the guy you went to boot camp with,the man who's met your mother and hugged her neck before you both got on the plane for your first deployment catches a bullet trying to get you and your squad out of a jam after becoming pinned down. They're three deaths are on your conscious,don't say they wont be either... that's not how it works. Now lets saw your on a patrol and you come under ambush, the guy that just made the first run across the street takes a shot from your sector you were suppose to cover,and while he's slouched over,across the street, bleeding out trying to get you to come across and take an envelope he wants you to make sure gets back to his wife and young daughter,you see the man that put you in this situation peeking around a corner... you pull up to aim,he also brings his rusted AK to aim,but not at you. He's aiming at the man who's thinking he's about to breath his last breath,about to make good on his fears. you fire... he goes down. What's that? Half a smile creeps up your face as the insurgent wriths on the ground bleeding out,you know you very well could have saved a man by shooting this one. And you take comfort in knowing he wont kill another. The medic stabilizes your friend,you feel a sense of relief that you wont have to live with his death. But wait... you don't feel this way about the Taliban man you gunned downed to save this one,in fact your proud... proud you pulled the trigger and happy that you didn't let your brothers in arms down....... yea... **** that Taliban guy,he deserved it,he probably killed others and now because of you he wont.

Your now that person you called a monster.

The atrocities of war can warp the human mind and conscience, the soldiers that suffer from this don't choose how they cope with what they have to live with. ALL of them deserve your respect for volunteering to fight,kill,and die so you don't have too,regardless of whether you plan on joining them or not. Remember,a lot of these men didn't join to see the things they saw and weren't prepared mentally to deal with them,as no one can be. It is inevitable that seeing and doing such things will warp ones mind,they can't choose which way it warps theirs... and neither will you be able to if you go through what they have.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #24

Liked 187 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 185

all's far in love and in war... I don't really see why in the hell it's a big deal. Men see things in combat that most can't understand, it changes them in ways that unless you were there you'll never know. So what he pissed on a dead guy they have done worse things to living horrible things. For all I care he could have cut off his face and worn it as a mask, but they're soldiers they put there ass on the line so people can have the right to sit back and bitch about what they want. War changes the mental state of people that is just how it is, I don't see why they would even care other then the Marine Corp values thing. But they still have a job to do this is just a bunch of political BS.

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 01-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #25

Liked 57 Times on 32 Posts

First off the thing that royaly pi$$ed me off was how he said that he pissed in water bottles to give to the kids that just wanted some water. The rest was all out of anger( even tho i still think killing should never bring any real joy) yes you can feel an amount of happiness in saving a friend or yourself but not joy that you killed someone. After cooling down i knew it was rude to say everything i did, but I was so heated over the urine in the water bottle.. I cant respect someone that does that. I can respect him for his choice to join the military and wanting to fight for his country but doing that? I cant respect someone after that. If you know what i mean. War is terrible and you cant control some things like having to kill someone but the things you can control you should. You dont have to piss in a bottle and let kids drink it..its just not right.. I do understand the stress they go threw and that they have to deal with it but to do that is just too much. Im not trying to disrespect soldiers in anyway for thing they must do but when they cant control themselves and do things like them i do not have to respect them and will not.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #26

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
First off the thing that royaly pi$$ed me off was how he said that he pissed in water bottles to give to the kids that just wanted some water. The rest was all out of anger( even tho i still think killing should never bring any real joy) yes you can feel an amount of happiness in saving a friend or yourself but not joy that you killed someone. After cooling down i knew it was rude to say everything i did, but I was so heated over the urine in the water bottle.. I cant respect someone that does that. I can respect him for his choice to join the military and wanting to fight for his country but doing that? I cant respect someone after that. If you know what i mean. War is terrible and you cant control some things like having to kill someone but the things you can control you should. You dont have to piss in a bottle and let kids drink it..its just not right.. I do understand the stress they go threw and that they have to deal with it but to do that is just too much. Im not trying to disrespect soldiers in anyway for thing they must do but when they cant control themselves and do things like them i do not have to respect them and will not.
Then with all due respect bro, it might be time to move on from this.

You can't give them respect, and I don't think they care.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey jon1992d,,,,,,,,,,,Does this mean I have to turn in my Little Finger Collection????

If so, What a Bummer!!!!!

Regards: Lastcast, Ranger Recon, Class of 67.[/B]

Old 01-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcast
Hey jon1992d,,,,,,,,,,,Does this mean I have to turn in my Little Finger Collection????

If so, What a Bummer!!!!!

Regards: Lastcast, Ranger Recon, Class of 67.
Your funny man

Old 01-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

Then with all due respect bro, it might be time to move on from this.

You can't give them respect, and I don't think they care.
Alright bro I was totaly able to move on and still am I wasnt trying to start problems i was voucing my opinion then things got out of hand. I cooled down and am ready to put it behind me.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #30

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:

Alright bro I was totaly able to move on and still am I wasnt trying to start problems i was voucing my opinion then things got out of hand. I cooled down and am ready to put it behind me.
I hear you...it happens. Believe me, I know.