Upside down flags...... - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Upside down flags......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #31
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7013 Times on 4220 Posts
Likes Given: 8449

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Let's get down to brass tacks. This forum is not a public domain. It is privately owned. The moderators and administrators have the right to do as they please. I think Winds or Change is being as tactful as humanly possible about a topic that causes a lot of emotions. We have a happy family now, lets keep it that way. If I had such strong feelings about something I would be a lot more aggressive about enforcing it. Thanks to the staff of FTF for being such gracious hosts.
I have no right to enforce anything but the rules set by Notdku on this forum. I have no more right to "do as I please" here than anyone other member on this forum. I am definitely not saying it has to be "my way". I was simply stating a fact that some veterans who served and fought for this country are not pleased to see our flag posted upside down. We all know it's a sign of distress but I think there are other ways to express that.

Of course anyone is free to post the flag upside down. I was just saying it might have a stronger impact on some individuals than you think.

If you want to continue to post the flag upside as a sign of the distress our country is in, feel free.
John_Deer Likes This 
Old 12-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1498 Times on 1015 Posts
Likes Given: 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I don't really give a **** of the flag is flown upside down or not, it is a persons right to express themselves as they see fit.

Yes this country is in deep ****, and our freedoms are in danger of being removed.

Hell all many of you do on here is whine when they see someone burning or pissing on our flag at protests. I don't see many on this board or any other forum really standing up to the ones that desecrate of our flag. So why say anything about someone flying the flag upside down who sees America as being in distress.
Usually when you have a protest that involves a flag burning there is a large police presence. What is one supposed to do? Get beat down by the police and accomplish nothing?

Old 12-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #33

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

The flag is a symbol it in of its self is not our God, and we don't serve the flag. Rather we serve what it stands for. I take great offense at the Gadsden being flown upside down sense it was the flag that was flown the most during the war for independence, long before the stars and stripes was around.

The Gadsden flag is the flag that represents the war of independence.
The Stars and Stripes is the flag we adopted to represent our nation.

If the nation is under threat then it is right to fly it upside down and many other people and many of them who fought in wars feel and see this nation as going down the sewer.

Fly the flag how, where, and when you choose, and if someone does not like it they can STFU and go away

Old 12-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #34
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1800 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
Fly the flag how, where, and when you choose, and if someone does not like it they can STFU and go away
Opaww, I have a lot of respect for your opinion. The rest of your post was perfectly valid. The last part, however, smacks of my way or the highway thinking. Thought you were an advocate of individual freedoms. This part sounds like you tolerate any one expressing their opinion as long as it matches yours. I must be missing something.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #35
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1732 Times on 960 Posts
Likes Given: 5280

If a nation has leadership that is destroying the very freedoms and rights that our fathers and forefather fought and died for, I can't see much greater distress to the nation.
Lives lost in vain?
<===
I have been flying this upside down mole the last few days to indicate my agreement of a nation in distress. I mean no offense to anyone, but If we don't agree that our nation is in distress, we have bigger differences than an upside down flag.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #36
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
If a nation has leadership that is destroying the very freedoms and rights that our fathers and forefather fought and died for, I can't see much greater distress to the nation.
Lives lost in vain?
<===
I have been flying this upside down mole the last few days to indicate my agreement of a nation in distress. I mean no offense to anyone, but If we don't agree that our nation is in distress, we have bigger differences than an upside down flag.
I think we agree our nation is in distress. And those who don't agree are certainly entitled to their opinion. We don't all have to have the same opinions on everything. I don't understand why people get so upset and spend quite a bit of time trying to get someone to think the way they do on a variety of subjects. What is being discussed is how to convey that in our avatars that doesn't cause distress to some veterans who fought under that flag for our country.

The debate isn't if our country is in distress or not. The debate is finding a better way to convey that in our avatars rather than using the upside down flag.

As always, anyone is welcome to use the upside down flag. I started this because I was approached by a well respected member here on FTF, a good man, a good Father, a good friend and someone who laid his life on the line in war who felt it was disrespectful to our flag.

Bash me all you want, those who are doing so. And I already had to delete one post that was totally disrespectful to our veterans. I'm not asking anyone to NOT post that avatar. I'm simply asking if a better way can't be found to express your opinions.

Dang. Am I going to have to shut down my own thread?
People Like This 
Old 12-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1831 Times on 1306 Posts
Likes Given: 2070

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
What's with all the upside down flags in the avatars lately? I know there are many here who fought bravely and sacrificed a lot for that flag and I know it offends some to see the flag flown upside down. I know it is a universal sign of distress and particularly that our country is in distress but I have received a comment from a well respected veteran who is a member here and a good family man and great friend. It kind of hurt him to see that flag used that way. He fought for this country during a time of war and it hurt me to see him hurt. I approached a member here who was displaying an upside down flag and explained the situation and he politely and readily changed his avatar. I was thankful to him for not putting up a fight about 'it's his right to post that avatar, freedom of speech, 1st ammendment, etc.'

I know many are upset about Obama winning the election and I know our country isn't in the best shape. I know it is 'your right' to post that avatar. But I don't like hurting even one war vet over that use of the flag.

Feel free to post it as your avatar. I'm just voicing an opinion and the opinion of a war vet.
Its my fault, it was in one of my past post about flying the flag upside down, it was not intended to show disrespect. But the future of these once united States of America......I look at it this way, once all those that fly the flag up side down and then all come together for a better America and not some kiss ass president the better off we'll all be.....Hells coming to pay a visit.... Be ready........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 12-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #38
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Its my fault, it was in one of my past post about flying the flag upside down, it was not intended to show disrespect. But the future of these once united States of America......I look at it this way, once all those that fly the flag up side down and then all come together for a better America and not some kiss ass president the better off we'll all be.....Hells coming to pay a visit.... Be ready........
This thread is not directed at anyone in particular.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 12-04-2012 at 02:40 AM.
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #39

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

I do not care for Obama rendition on the American flag whatsoever.

flagvsoflag.jpg  

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 12-04-2012, 02:38 AM   #40
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1732 Times on 960 Posts
Likes Given: 5280

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I'm simply asking if a better way can't be found to express your opinions.

Dang. Am I going to have to shut down my own thread?
Well, my upside Mole is the best way I can express my opinion.

No need to shut down the thread. I do have another one however you should look at I have really caused a problem on that one.

I love the Flag, I love America and I love my wife and I love what Jesus has done for a sinner like me.

But I still have more flaws than a $2 diamond.

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL
People Like This