Upside down flags...... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Upside down flags......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #21
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8222 Times on 4235 Posts
Likes Given: 9466

I gave up my upside down flag because as a Vet, I feel compelled not to add grief to the lives of other Vets. I didnt consider that other Vets would find it offensive but if they do, I wont be the cause of their Agita, the clear facts of how FuppedUck we are stand on their own without distractions.

That said, this country is in distress and we have no common flag to rally behind, its been co-opted by those who act on our behalf illegitimately FOOG, not the flags fault, that was done by its citizens. Truth is, Ive seen the flag on people asses, on their coats laid on the ground, used as an advertizement, even seen it burned in protest by US Citizens and states go half staff when someone farts.

I do hope for the day that once again we all understand the meaning of the symbols and documents we hold as benchmarks and those we send to Washington learn to keep their hands off of them.

The flag represents a diverse yet unified nation bound by universal overlying principles that cannot be subjugated by simple policy. Those Principles have been Folded, Spindled and Mutilated; that was the basis for the upside-down flag, no disrespect meant to our Nation or its protectors.

Serious question, would a representation of Our flag at half staff be inappropriate as a sign of mourning the loss of our Rights and Responsibilities?

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 12-03-2012 at 10:05 AM.
People Like This 
Old 12-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #22

Liked 4701 Times on 2344 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

I can see both sides of the argument. I can definitely see how it can be seen as disrespectful, but I also can see that the people who are using it to represent the distress America is in today do not mean for it to be disrespectful.

I agree, there are probably better ways to express how we feel about the state of the country.
Here you go!
image-3388149849.jpg  

Old 12-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #23

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I ditched mine simply because I decided to use something different. No profound epiphany.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #24

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I don't like the upside down flag either. I was raised not even allowed to wear one on my uniform as a Cub Scout because it was disrespectful... I think it's rude here and people should be suspended for it as well as complaining about it becasue that;s rude too (kidding). But I understand it all better now. Although I think the US is in the most dire situation it has ever been in in its history since The Founding I still don't like the flag upside down...

Old 12-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #25

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

(Just an aside; I guess were lucky we have a flag that CAN be upside down. You couldn't use many nations’ flags upside down as a distress signal because their design is symmetrical. You couldn't tell.)

Last edited by Vincine; 12-03-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #26

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Let's get down to brass tacks. This forum is not a public domain. It is privately owned. The moderators and administrators have the right to do as they please. I think Winds or Change is being as tactful as humanly possible about a topic that causes a lot of emotions. We have a happy family now, lets keep it that way. If I had such strong feelings about something I would be a lot more aggressive about enforcing it. Thanks to the staff of FTF for being such gracious hosts.
Balota Likes This 
Old 12-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Let's get down to brass tacks. This forum is not a public domain. It is privately owned. The moderators and administrators have the right to do as they please. I think Winds or Change is being as tactful as humanly possible about a topic that causes a lot of emotions. We have a happy family now, lets keep it that way. If I had such strong feelings about something I would be a lot more aggressive about enforcing it. Thanks to the staff of FTF for being such gracious hosts.
Right on! If my avatar or posting offends the ownership, they are welcome to delete my account or ban me.

I FULLY SUPPORT the display of any indicators of the distressed, endangered, and utterly beset-by-idiots status of this country.

If there is an avatar or class of avatars that is not allowed by the owner of the forum (as stated in some written forum guidelines or rules), then i will not use that avatar.

I have the utmost respect and appreciation for the service our veterans have provided to protect our freedoms, including the freedom of speech.

If anybody is bothered by the turkey avatar i have, i suggest they get over it.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #28

Liked 4701 Times on 2344 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

I'll fly the Italian flag upside down, as my symbol of protest.
People Like This 
Old 12-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #29

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I don't really give a **** of the flag is flown upside down or not, it is a persons right to express themselves as they see fit.

Yes this country is in deep ****, and our freedoms are in danger of being removed.

Hell all many of you do on here is whine when they see someone burning or pissing on our flag at protests. I don't see many on this board or any other forum really standing up to the ones that desecrate of our flag. So why say anything about someone flying the flag upside down who sees America as being in distress.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #30

Liked 1151 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 2042

I could never fly the flag upside down , people can do what every they want and thats why we have freedom in this country , however I cannot do that . My father is a Veteran of the Vietnam war and swore to never make me have to go thru that . In turn he paid for my College so I did not have to go thru the same thing he did and I respect him more than could ever be imagined . Im not military , never have been , dont claim to be and dont want to be.
If you want to fly something upside down for distress fly the D bags flag not ours .
obama_biden_flag_by_monkeybiziu.jpg  

Last edited by purehavoc; 12-03-2012 at 03:48 PM.
People Like This