UPS: now I know what the brown color symbolizes... - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > UPS: now I know what the brown color symbolizes...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #31
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 361 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Since I am an FFL 07 I ship all handguns via USPS Flat Rate Priority, $16.45. I ship my rifles via UPS Ground and it's usually less than $20 to do that. Next time have an FFL ship it for you, it'll be cheaper.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
Last fall I ordered a receiver hitch for my truck. when it arrived, it looked like it had just been kicked off the back of the truck. It was half hanging out of the box, powder coat chipped and all. A lot of it was the hitch company's fault, terrible packaging. I made a claim with FEDEX, and after a couple aggravating phone calls and several weeks, they mailed me a check, made out to the hitch people. I called to get another check, and they said they could only settle a claim with the shipper. I did get my new hitch, but beware of Curt Products, and FEDEX's claim system. Always go back to the people who sold you the item.
Lol. Every day I got one of their boxes. Not a single one was in a good box. You should have seen some of the class 5 receivers I've delivered. A lot of time the box disappears and the label is taped to the part.

It really makes me nervous to order some items through these folks after working in the system.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #33

Liked 1029 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Yup. I actually called Curt and spoke to a guy who took a while to answer because "he was out back throwing stuff in the dumpster". I told him his company has piss-poor crating and shipping policies, and he told me (in not so many words), that he didn't give a $hit. Nice. That's all too bad, because their actual product is very good.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #34

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post

Could be. I still don’t trust him. When he has to deliver an oversized package to the door he won’t get out of the truck. Just sits there and blows his horn for someone to come get the package.
That's just pure laziness ....... bringing it to the door is part of the shipping cost .... that right there is what's wrong with america
Old 09-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Yup. I actually called Curt and spoke to a guy who took a while to answer because "he was out back throwing stuff in the dumpster". I told him his company has piss-poor crating and shipping policies, and he told me (in not so many words), that he didn't give a $hit. Nice. That's all too bad, because their actual product is very good.
Had a friend in Memphis who worked at this company that made lighting products. His job was crating and shipping the products. I was surprised that a small mostly custom-work company had an employee whose sole responsibility was crating and shipping their stuff. Then he pulled out a $20 bill and explained that the "light" in the center on the back of that bill was produced by his employer. Good products need good packaging.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:47 PM   #36

Liked 304 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Thank goodness, the times I shipped guns back to their maker or to an FFL went smoothly at the local FedEx.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #37

Liked 1029 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:
Then he pulled out a $20 bill and explained that the "light" in the center on the back of that bill was produced by his employer.
Hmmm, I don't have a 20 on hand right now. Not sure what you mean....

Old 09-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #38
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2857 Times on 1487 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_G View Post
Thank goodness, the times I shipped guns back to their maker or to an FFL went smoothly at the local FedEx.
I have shiped a few guns back to manufacturers. Most will provide a shippin label and cover the cost of the shipping. S&W does this. I box it up, call Fedex and they come to the house to pick it up. You just must tell the driver it is a firearm. I never had any issues with this.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-14-2013, 01:46 AM   #39

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The UPS drivers and workers are members of the anti-gun Teamsters Union. They also support Obama and his agenda. Every time I have to pay them for any thing, I feel like I am shooting myself in the foot.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:21 AM   #40
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The UPS drivers and workers are members of the anti-gun Teamsters Union. They also support Obama and his agenda. Every time I have to pay them for any thing, I feel like I am shooting myself in the foot.
yes the drivers are part of the Teamsters Union, but from what i saw personally, the drivers are being screwwed over royally by their own union.

now it may vary and probably does, but when i worked there, the vast majority of the drivers were very pro-gun!