UPS: now I know what the brown color symbolizes... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > UPS: now I know what the brown color symbolizes...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 02:28 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1126 Times on 674 Posts
Likes Given: 240

I'm lucky in that my normal UPS driver is a kewl guy, and I'm close enough to a distribution center that I can have packages held there for pickup.

My USPS regular driver is retired military and still in the reserves. We chat about all kinds of things. When I moved, I was ecstatic to see he delivered to the new house (which made zero sense to me).

Old 09-13-2013, 02:31 AM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22028 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
I'm lucky in that my normal UPS driver is a kewl guy, and I'm close enough to a distribution center that I can have packages held there for pickup.

My USPS regular driver is retired military and still in the reserves. We chat about all kinds of things. When I moved, I was ecstatic to see he delivered to the new house (which made zero sense to me).
UPS drivers bid on their routes every two years. they are union drivers and asenior driver can bump a a junior one.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #23
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7989 Times on 4791 Posts
Likes Given: 10271

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
When we return NetFlix movies via the post man rather than dropping them directly in the big blue pick-up box, it takes an extra day to get the replacements. We strongly suspect he takes them home overnight and watches them.
I think when the carrier brings it to the post office, it arrives too late for the truck that takes the mail to the sorting center. In my area, there is only one time the mail leaves the PO per day. If you get your mail to the PO after the truck already came, it's a day delayed.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #24

Liked 1197 Times on 801 Posts
Likes Given: 791

Last fall I ordered a receiver hitch for my truck. when it arrived, it looked like it had just been kicked off the back of the truck. It was half hanging out of the box, powder coat chipped and all. A lot of it was the hitch company's fault, terrible packaging. I made a claim with FEDEX, and after a couple aggravating phone calls and several weeks, they mailed me a check, made out to the hitch people. I called to get another check, and they said they could only settle a claim with the shipper. I did get my new hitch, but beware of Curt Products, and FEDEX's claim system. Always go back to the people who sold you the item.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9765 Times on 4202 Posts
Likes Given: 1537

As aggravating as it may be, the shipping company owes a duty to the person that PAID THEM. Not the person they are delivering TO.

If you receive an item that has been damaged in transit, YOUR claim is to the company that you bought it from. THEIR claim may be with the shipper, but that is not your problem.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #26

Liked 2607 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Yeah, I got an alternator that looked like it was victory spiked

at my front door. Half out of the package, parts broken off, WTF?

Old 09-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I guess I've had good luck with them. Only had one problem. They sent my BCM upper on an almost 4200 mile long trip across the Central and Western US. It ended up going from Chicago to San Francisco, then to Santa Rosa and then back to San Francisco, and finally to Dallas and then here. Took a couple weeks to get it. Was still in one piece.

I'm not sure what happened (whether it was UPS, or the company I ordered from's fault) but it ended up with the wrong address on it. I noticed this, and told the company. They had it fixed extremely quickly (while it was still in Chicago, only about 100 miles from where it started). What does UPS do? Send it to Commiefornia anyway!

Old 09-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 839 Times on 436 Posts

Not that I condone this nut my boss ordered 3,000 rounds which requires a signature. He came home and found the package in front of his home. Called UPS and asked when his ammo would be delivered, they said it was so he asked for a copy of the signed receipt... free ammo.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 838 Times on 396 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I think when the carrier brings it to the post office, it arrives too late for the truck that takes the mail to the sorting center. In my area, there is only one time the mail leaves the PO per day. If you get your mail to the PO after the truck already came, it's a day delayed.
Could be. I still don’t trust him. When he has to deliver an oversized package to the door he won’t get out of the truck. Just sits there and blows his horn for someone to come get the package.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
Not that I condone this nut my boss ordered 3,000 rounds which requires a signature. He came home and found the package in front of his home. Called UPS and asked when his ammo would be delivered, they said it was so he asked for a copy of the signed receipt... free ammo.
Not that I'd condone it either, but I bet the driver learned a valuable lesson. (or at least I hope he did)