Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > UPS: now I know what the brown color symbolizes...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default UPS: now I know what the brown color symbolizes...

I sold a handgun at gunbroker and took it to the UPS main shipping center nearby. The dick head... excuse me... the Mexican working class hero peasant clerk told me it would be $93 to overnight it. I told him I didn't want to overnight it; just send it ground and he said that I "had no choice."

Fedex shipped it for $15 today. The only problem was the lady clerk didn't even know the laws for shipping guns. She had to ask someone in the back and even though I heard him say it was OK, she said they had to call someone because she "didn't want to loose her job." I'm like, WTF? is wrong with y'all? Don't you even know your own business? This is supposed to be Texas, not NY or Kali, fer chrissakes and there's a gun range right down the street!

So, anyway, I will only do business with Fedex from now on for all my shipping needs. But the whole experience leaves a very sour taste. I'm thinking of reporting the UPS clerk.

It was back in '32 and times were hard. He had a Colt 45 and a deck of cards; Stagger Lee

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. —Thomas Jefferson

Patriots are not revolutionaries trying to overthrow the government of the United States. Patriots are Counter-Revolutionaries trying to prevent the government from overthrowing the Constitution. --CA357

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Good luck with fudex. When they deliver to my house i have to walk the neighborhood till i find it.

the north had us outnumbered and outgunned but we had them outmanned .......................................... join the NRA

People Like This 
Old 09-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Bleak,it could be worse. This is what happened in my neck of the woods. Even in the most gun-friendly states there are problems because urban dwellers are no longer familiar with firearms and schools are making the gun the evil object in all cases of teaching. Some schools have even gone so far as to have "Toy Gun Buybacks." Until we turn this tide of the gun as the cause of crime, this will continue.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 09-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8448 Times on 3666 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

Well, Bleak- got some bad news for you. Both FedEx and UPS have tariffs (their shipping rules) that require that HANDGUNS be shipped Next day Air. Hence the high $$$$.

However, a Dealer or Manufacturer can legally MAIL a handgun to another dealer/ manufacturer. Usually cheaper to find a dealer who will mail it for you. Private citizens cannot legally MAIL a handgun in the US Mail.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 09-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #5

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Brown is still better than DHL, those idiots have delivered to me twice..Well..Once they had to call to get directions the second time they called to ask if I could pick the package up at a local Dollar General store because they couldn't find me. I am like three miles and one left turn from that Dollar store...

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Brown is still better than DHL, those idiots have delivered to me twice..Well..Once they had to call to get directions the second time they called to ask if I could pick the package up at a local Dollar General store because they couldn't find me. I am like three miles and one left turn from that Dollar store...
Those Chinese GPS units just aren't as good as the others!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 09-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #7

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Well I got some bad news for y'all.

Fed-Up, United Pot Smokers, USPS,

They all SUCK. A favorite schtick is

to quickly and accurately deliver

ANYTHING worthless. Yanno, that

frilly 17$ piece of crap from

Woman Without or the Blair Witch

Catalog, gets there in two days, no problem.

But something with a priority, like a gun,

legal document, or 1600$ worth of car audio gear?

THEN you get to play the shipping version of

Lost In Space. I've had documents wind up back

where they were shipped from, and a set of speakers

travel 11,500 miles, from a shipper 2900 miles away.

Both took OVER THREE WEEKS to reach terminal

destination.

My advice is:ALWAYS insure the gun for three times it's

value. THEN when they scroo the pooch, you can yank

your shark hook, barb sideways, right out of their

management's a$$.

Once it's insured, I'm like, "PLEASE lose the package,

I hear Aruba is nice, this time of year."

Last edited by therewolf; 09-12-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

I had UPS refuse to ship a handgun saying it was against the law. It was my Kimber, and they flat out refused to ship it. I took it to the selling dealer and they called UPS to come get it. The dealer shipped it to Kimber for nothing, but I had to pay the state fees when it was returned to me. I tried to take UPS to Small Claims Court to recover the $30 in unnecessary fees, but a couple days after the case was filed I got a call telling me they were going to settle the claim.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Yep. They all suck. I got in a yelling match at the ups terminal. The guy told me you can't ship guns.
Bullsh!t I've done it more than once at this very location. Here's the Fu$%ing FFL. Doesn't matter you can't ship guns. I spoke to his manager and then took the guns and left.
Every single time I went to the post office the woman at the counter would announce out loud.
Oh how Nice It's the gun guy again. Don't ever bring me a rifle.
Because She was easier to deal with than ups I never told her to shut the Fu$& up and do her job.
And fedex. Don't even get me started. I was waiting 4 days for some very expensive guns to come in. Keep in mind they have to be signed for. I got fed up and called about them and was told they had been delivered. After an argument with the dipsh!t on the phone I decided to check the mailbox. Not only were they not signed for, they weren't even left in the mailbox. $3000+ worth of guns left out for anyone to grab for 3 days. Wtf

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1656 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleak23 View Post
I sold a handgun at gunbroker and took it to the UPS main shipping center nearby. The dick head... excuse me... the Mexican working class hero peasant clerk told me it would be $93 to overnight it. I told him I didn't want to overnight it; just send it ground and he said that I "had no choice."

Fedex shipped it for $15 today. The only problem was the lady clerk didn't even know the laws for shipping guns. She had to ask someone in the back and even though I heard him say it was OK, she said they had to call someone because she "didn't want to loose her job." I'm like, WTF? is wrong with y'all? Don't you even know your own business? This is supposed to be Texas, not NY or Kali, fer chrissakes and there's a gun range right down the street!

So, anyway, I will only do business with Fedex from now on for all my shipping needs. But the whole experience leaves a very sour taste. I'm thinking of reporting the UPS clerk.
Good luck with your decision. As bad as UPS can be they still beat Fed EX by far around here. There is a Fed Ex terminal and huge office complex about a mile from where I work and we only ship with them if we have too....