Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Update Facebook status while driving with OnStar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 12:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Default Update Facebook status while driving with OnStar

Discuss

Quote:
As we hinted last week, OnStar's new Facebook application will enable drivers to verbally dictate a message to update their status on the social networking site. It's easy and seems to be fairly safe to do. Video below.

And by safe we mean as safe as you can be yelling commands at a car while you're weaving through traffic, but whatever.

Although the embargo's set to go up at midnight, thanks to Newsmarket dropping the sheet a bit early, here's the scoop — OnStar will provide an easy and safe way for people to update their Facebook pages verbally. Here's what they have to say:

With over 500 million members, social media networks like Facebook have become a part of daily life. To meet society's growing desire to be connected at all times, "OnStar is: unveiling a new social media interactive program for the car." The OnStar Facebook application will enable drivers to verbally dictate a message to update their status. With only a push of a button, the service will also allow subscribers to listen to their most recent news feeds. Other new technologies will include voice-based texting, which allows customers to send and receive texts using Bluetooth. In addition to the introduction of innovative car apps, the company is improving on its tried and true services like Automatic Crash Response. The latest version is being enhanced with a new service called First Assist which provides important life-saving instructions to occupants until first responders arrive.
OnStar Brings Facebook To Cars

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-16-2010, 12:43 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Really? This was a technological "need"??

The F**K?!?!

JD

Old 09-16-2010, 12:54 AM   #3

I think I am just going to try and avoid GM vehicles while driving now.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

Old 09-16-2010, 01:14 AM   #4

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Onstar was and is a waste of money in my eyes. I had it I paid $300 a year for two years. Then said you know what I have never used it why am I paying for it?

I would buy minutes for the phone at $1 a dam minute. Then my wife would call me and want to talk for an hour and a half while I was driving home form my night classes. So after $500 of minutes in 3 months I told her to effing stop that stupid crap unless your paying for them. She would call that phone because while driving I don't answer my cell. I have a hard enough time dodging all the effing idiot pruis drivers and effing douchetastic soccer moms in their Excursions with their phones coffee and effing rat dogs.

This is stupid really you can't wait to get home or to work to update your effing worthless facebook account? Really No one effing cares that your posting "OMG I so like scored a super like good deal on like a starbucks coffee like no way LOL LU TTYL .... " This makes me want to go and rip my effing mirror off the window and find the closest idiot and shove it right up their areshole. Good effing lord. Really, if we put all the work in to breast cancer research it would be gone from the planet.

You know next up is a twitter app for onstar so you can tweet that your driving while drive OMG LIKE SO LIKE COOL LIKE I LOVE IT MAN.....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Old 09-16-2010, 01:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Onstar was and is a waste of money in my eyes. I had it I paid $300 a year for two years. Then said you know what I have never used it why am I paying for it?

I would buy minutes for the phone at $1 a dam minute. Then my wife would call me and want to talk for an hour and a half while I was driving home form my night classes. So after $500 of minutes in 3 months I told her to effing stop that stupid crap unless your paying for them. She would call that phone because while driving I don't answer my cell. I have a hard enough time dodging all the effing idiot pruis drivers and effing douchetastic soccer moms in their Excursions with their phones coffee and effing rat dogs.

This is stupid really you can't wait to get home or to work to update your effing worthless facebook account? Really No one effing cares that your posting "OMG I so like scored a super like good deal on like a starbucks coffee like no way LOL LU TTYL .... " This makes me want to go and rip my effing mirror off the window and find the closest idiot and shove it right up their areshole. Good effing lord. Really, if we put all the work in to breast cancer research it would be gone from the planet.

You know next up is a twitter app for onstar so you can tweet that your driving while drive OMG LIKE SO LIKE COOL LIKE I LOVE IT MAN.....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ok, I just laughed so hard the girlfriend ran downstairs to see if I was ok

Greg

Old 09-16-2010, 03:45 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Hey Tango, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 09-16-2010, 03:58 AM   #7

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

This graphic never get's old!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-16-2010, 04:11 AM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm developing a bung-hole flavored dogfood. I'm going to be rich.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 09-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #9

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
I'm developing a bung-hole flavored dogfood. I'm going to be rich.
Profit sharing plan for your forum brethren?

Old 09-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

People already update from their car. It is called a cell phone.

Yeah, if people can just talk to update facebook imagine the flood of boring messages on the home page. It is already very annoying. -_-

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown