Up For Discussion - The Aftermath - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Up For Discussion - The Aftermath

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

What about the animals. I have heard people say they will hunt for food an eat the animals they kill. Wouldn't zombies attack them to. Has anyone considered a pit bull zombie. How about a cougar even a small bird.

I have not read all the post so forgive me if this has bin covered.

image-4011829272.jpg   image-3240736922.jpg   image-1545565121.jpg   image-345411578.jpg  

Old 06-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

In all honesty, i have no intention of long-term, post-(insert initials for "oh crap moment" here). I simply want to survive long enough to see the show and maybe try to help a few of my buddies. If medical bingo holds true, i can look forward to a death from cancer, diabetes, or heart disease, regarless of a SHTF situation; such a situation would likely just move up my scheduled departure. My only hope is that the TV news or Internet news last long enough to show me the fall of not only the federal government but the fall of state and local governments as well; it would be nice to die knowing i was finally a "free man".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
We have Mt. Rainier in my backyard, basically, that is OVERDUE for an eruption. Luckily we bought on a big hillside overlooking a valley that will probably be awash with molten hot, liquid magna. LOL
JD
Nothing like having a nice view of the end. Good to see you posting JD.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #23

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3481 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well we have not discussed zombie animals, but we are more discussing what you have and what you would need to be able to sustain your location for more than a day or two.

The Zombie Virus, if it exists, would truly change the landscape and quickly. Animals would be a definite immediate threat because they have smaller, more mobile/active heads, thus the brainpan death switch is going to be even harder to hit.

I would like to think that animals, like the family dog, would have enough sense to run and stay away from the walking dead if at all possible. We don't know enough on the speed of the undead to know if they could catch your average, small, north american, four footed critter, but I know I can't catch my dog now until he decides to stop, so odds are in his favor.

This thread was more of a thought provoker in the sense of what do you have access too and what do you need better access to in order to survive. If you are in Marlinman's neighborhood, I would suggest getting his number.

JD

Old 06-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #24

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger
Well we have not discussed zombie animals, but we are more discussing what you have and what you would need to be able to sustain your location for more than a day or two.

The Zombie Virus, if it exists, would truly change the landscape and quickly. Animals would be a definite immediate threat because they have smaller, more mobile/active heads, thus the brainpan death switch is going to be even harder to hit.

I would like to think that animals, like the family dog, would have enough sense to run and stay away from the walking dead if at all possible. We don't know enough on the speed of the undead to know if they could catch your average, small, north american, four footed critter, but I know I can't catch my dog now until he decides to stop, so odds are in his favor.

This thread was more of a thought provoker in the sense of what do you have access too and what do you need better access to in order to survive. If you are in Marlinman's neighborhood, I would suggest getting his number.

JD
The animals are screwed in my area if the do go all zombie. If you are a GOFFA member and can then come on. Gello, cinderrocka, downsouth, jstrong, Kytowboater, and a few others are definately welcome. If you are one of my GOOD friends on here then come on. There is only one problem I see w the zombie vermints and that is the fact you couldn't stop them in the end wo something like say..........this

napalm-bombing.jpg

And alot of it

Old 06-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #25
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

248 days, provided I'm as good with a baseball bat as I think I am.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

People Like This 
Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku
248 days, provided I'm as good with a baseball bat as I think I am.
Great answer

Old 06-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #27

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Well I'm am in goffa lol. As far as what I have. I'm no ware near ready. But I have a few friends close by that have it all together. And with my first responder back ground ,and the fact that I have my own weapons and a good amount of precision riffle experience accompanied with a respectable martial arts back ground. They don't mind me tagging along. (even tho the only martial art I plan on getting close enuf to use is the art of blow thy head off).

Old 06-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #28
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2467 Times on 1322 Posts
Likes Given: 878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
The animals are screwed in my area if the do go all zombie. If you are a GOFFA member and can then come on. Gello, cinderrocka, downsouth, jstrong, Kytowboater, and a few others are definately welcome. If you are one of my GOOD friends on here then come on. There is only one problem I see w the zombie vermints and that is the fact you couldn't stop them in the end wo something like say..........this

Attachment 48707

And alot of it
A liberal application of napalm can solve a myriad of problems.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
pagj17 Likes This 
Old 06-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

A liberal application of napalm can solve a myriad of problems.
Damn straight it can......ask the AVRN and the VC what all it solves

Old 06-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #30

Liked 1278 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 402

If I make it to day 15 which I don't see as unreasonable (but not a given) then I will last a long time further. I live in the suburbs and most people will flee the area upon Zombie apocalypse, I will stay put. My theory is that if I can go 15 days I will be one of the few remaining and the resources will be plentiful (within context of the apocalypse)after that. I have literally hundreds of pounds of grain in my basement for food, the ability to purify water for a long time as long as i have something to burn and my empty neighbors homes will be available for that.

Disease would probably be the first big hurdle that i have no preparation for. Sanitation or the lack of sanitation will cause sickness and disease to spread rapidly.

Roaming gangs would be a huge threat and other than my location being buried in a development with no through street minimizing someone's reason to come to me I don't have a great defense. I have guns but Im not Rambo. Avoiding contact would be an important part of my defense strategy.

My plan really involves a fair amount of luck. I'm hosed.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson