Up to 12 stabbed at Houston College...what now? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Up to 12 stabbed at Houston College...what now?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1253 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 View Post
Oh oh, black shiny knives! Back ground checks for anyone who wants a pocket knife.
Yep. And no knife will be allowed if it can cut anything except soft butter. It must be so you can't even "cut the cheese" while carrying it.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #12

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I read on yahoo that he used an exacto knife. This goes to show that it not the gun/knife used, its the person using it! This will die out soon, cause its not a shooting...

Old 04-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #13

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

So true. This is all Obama needed today a mass school knifing. He is in the process of saving the country by banning magazines. The Press will ignore this one. I think it is too bad there was not one CCW citizen to end this. Maybe Texas law prohibits guns on a campus?

Old 04-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 906 Times on 554 Posts
Likes Given: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
So true. This is all Obama needed today a mass school knifing. He is in the process of saving the country by banning magazines. The Press will ignore this one. I think it is too bad there was not one CCW citizen to end this. Maybe Texas law prohibits guns on a campus?
Correct, gun free zones, all of them.
Best place to find guns in Texas is parking lots of such zones...
FOX is covering well, predictably they 'get it'.

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 04-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #15

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Lemme guess: Houston College a "gun free zone"? We must ban guns and knives too now. Ya know, for the children.

In NYC the police look for people with a clip hanging off their pocket, take the knife, and if it can be opened with one hand, and they try till they get it, they arrest you and sue the selling store's owner until he pays a penalty and stops selling knives. I bet everyone feels safer though...

Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #16

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Gun Free Zone. This area is Open to Hunting.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Knives aren't like those "high capacity ammunition magazine clips"; knives can be reused.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 538 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
In NYC the police look for people with a clip hanging off their pocket, take the knife, and if it can be opened with one hand, and they try till they get it, they arrest you and sue the selling store's owner until he pays a penalty and stops selling knives. I bet everyone feels safer though...
All my knives have been bought in RED states. I would like to see NYC police come to one of those shops and try to tell them they can't sell knives anymore. I would PAY to see that interaction. They would be ran out of town by the business end of a shotgun, and probably not a Biden approved shotgun. Heck, almost every gas station sells pocket knives down here.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 04-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #19

Liked 2706 Times on 1587 Posts
Likes Given: 1718

please lets all remember to show respect to the victims of this attack. my prayers are with them & i wish them a full recovery. remember, these are REAL people...not just an excuse to push a political opinion.

that said....keep in mind this was done with a BOXCUTTER. a boxcutter is not really even capable of stabbing or hacking. if this nut case had packed a hatchet, or large kitchen knife....this would have been much much worse. i thank god this sicko who did this chose a very ineffective stabbing weapon.

and the comments from the gun grabbers make me SICK. i keep seeing "if had been a gun, all would be dead.." somehow in their mind....beatings, rapes, stabbing and every other form of murder and assault are less evil?

Old 04-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 906 Times on 554 Posts
Likes Given: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy
please lets all remember to show respect to the victims of this attack. my prayers are with them & i wish them a full recovery. remember, these are REAL people...not just an excuse to push a political opinion.

that said....keep in mind this was done with a BOXCUTTER. a boxcutter is not really even capable of stabbing or hacking. if this nut case had packed a hatchet, or large kitchen knife....this would have been much much worse. i thank god this sicko who did this chose a very ineffective stabbing weapon.

and the comments from the gun grabbers make me SICK. i keep seeing "if had been a gun, all would be dead.." somehow in their mind....beatings, rapes, stabbing and every other form of murder and assault are less evil?
Agreed, completely.
The reports I have heard paint a truly horrific picture...
Huge throat and face gashes, not even realized at first by the recipients and such...
'Never let a good tragedy go to waste' is their mantra, not mine.
That said, the script has been set-bad actor event=huge gov. response.
Lets see...

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It