Up to 12 stabbed at Houston College...what now?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Up to 12 stabbed at Houston College...what now?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 955 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Default Up to 12 stabbed at Houston College...what now?

Multiple stabbings were reported Tuesday on a Texas college campus. Sheriff’s officials said that one suspect was in custody, and the school warned that another was still at large.Lone Star College, outside Houston, ordered students to find shelter somewhere safe.In January, three people were shot at a separate campus of the same college. A federal official said that those shootings appeared to be...

http://feeds.nbcnews.com/c/35002/f/653381/s/2a8528c6/l/0Lusnews0Bnbcnews0N0C0Inews0C20A130C0A40C0A90C1767 30A570Estabbings0Ereported0Eon0Etexas0Ecampus0Esch ool0Esays0Eone0Esuspect0Eat0Elarge0Dlite/story01.htm

Sent from NewsFlash. Please note that you have not been added to any email lists.

Sent from my iPad

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1538

Must have been one of those "High capacity assault knives".

In all seriousness though I hope the folks that were stabbed all make full recoveries and the perps are caught.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

notdku Likes This 
Old 04-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 541 Times on 329 Posts
Likes Given: 215

Once again this comes from Houston, a city that I grew up close to most of my life. I went to one of the Lone Star colleges. I keep asking myself "What has happened down there since I left?"

Also, how does someone stab 12 people? Well y'all know what we must do, BAN THOSE DANG KNIVES! Maybe we can save one life.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 04-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt
Must have been one of those "High capacity assault knives".

In all seriousness though I hope the folks that were stabbed all make full recoveries and the perps are caught.
Yes, must have been an assault knife...and if it wasn't, it is now. I am interested to see what effect this has on the gun control discussion.

Will there be calls to ban certain fixed blade knives? A huge run on sharpening stones and price hikes on scabbards?

I as well hope for the recovery of all victims and prosecution of the perp...

Old 04-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Yeah, the article was supposedly about an assault with a knife. But before the "reporter" finished the article it was apparently necessary to mention another, unrelated, incident that involved the word "shooting".

Old 04-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 541 Times on 329 Posts
Likes Given: 215

Fox picked a random student to interview on tv. Only in Texas (or another great southern state) would the student say 6 times that God was watching over them and that the students wish the law would allow them to protect themselves with concealed guns.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

orangello Likes This 
Old 04-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The perp 'may' have been known for carrying a stuffed monkey around campus...from witness reports.

Can't make this stuff up!

Old 04-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

So, somebody said, "Take this monkey and stuff it"?
Or maybe he just enjoyed stuffing the monkey instead of "spanking" it?
Whatever idiosyncracies he had, this event will soon disappear in the media because they can't legitimately associate the word "gun" with it.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #9
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1978 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Knives are very concealable, relatively inexpensive, are silent and are reusable. You just have to get up close and personal. The knife did not stab or cut anyone. The person wielding the knife did.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 04-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #10

Liked 575 Times on 307 Posts

Oh oh, black shiny knives! Back ground checks for anyone who wants a pocket knife.