Unusual Bars that I have visited. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Unusual Bars that I have visited.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 03:09 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21502 Times on 12208 Posts
Likes Given: 53546

most definately! years ago we would park at Billy Bob's and go there then walk down to the other clubs that were within walking distance, and there were a few!

on a sidenote: the White Elephant Saloon is one the oldest saloons in Ft. Worth and they filmed some of the scenes for Walker Texas Ranger there. it was used for the set of CD's Bar and Grill in the show.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:17 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1722 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 3649

Hog's Breath Saloon. Ft Walton/Destin Fla.

http://keys7.expr.net/hogsbreath/destin/index.php/hogs-breath-history/

Some of the best bars were in the Philippines.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:20 AM   #13

Liked 3794 Times on 1823 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Hehehehe........

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

towboater Likes This 
Old 11-20-2012, 03:25 AM   #14

Liked 283 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 1245

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
The LookOut, Elsinore, California
Back in 75, on the bike, this was the place to stop on my way from Palm Springs to San Diego.
http://www.lookoutroadhouse.com/
been there or drove by many a many times lol grew up in socal
Old 11-20-2012, 04:45 AM   #15

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

There was a dive I went to where bikers stared at cowboys, who were laughing at these hippies, who were praying they would get out of there alive... Sorry I just couldn't resist that one.

In all seriousness I haven't been to any odd bars. I have heard of these underwater bars though. Has anyone seen/been to one of these?

-Matt

Old 11-20-2012, 05:04 AM   #16
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8204 Times on 4737 Posts
Likes Given: 10561

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
The Bloody Duck that was in Palm Beach Gardens Florida. The place looked as bad as the name. Another was Annie's Cookie Jar in Riviera Beach Florida. Both are now gone....
Been to the Bloody Duck. You are right. Its pretty bad as I recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
both of these are not really unusual, but one, Gilley's was one of the largest honky tonks in Texas. the other, Gruene Hall is one of the oldest dnacehalls in Texas. both have some wonderful history behind them. i never got the opportunity to go the the original Gilley's, but it was a place my father hung out in the 60's. Gruene hall is one of my favorite places to visit when i go to New Braunfels.
Been to Gilleys, and I think to Gruene Hall as well. Is that in or around New Braunfels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
Hog's Breath Saloon. Ft Walton/Destin Fla.

http://keys7.expr.net/hogsbreath/destin/index.php/hogs-breath-history/

Some of the best bars were in the Philippines.
I've been to the Hogs Breath in Carmel CA back when Clint Eastwood owned it. Funny story, a bunch of my friends and I just left there one night after tying one on and as we were staggering down the street a tourist asked us if we knew where the "Hogs Head" was. My buddy (who was perfectly drunk) slurs out "Shoor do. Itsh about thish far from his ash-hole." holding his hands about three feet apart, and we staggered on laughing. They were about 20 feet from the door.

As to other bars I have been in, the Mosquito Lounge in Mecca Ohio. real dive bar at the time. Guys shooting heroin in the back booths, regular fights, that sort of thing. One night we were the only ones there (I think it was a Sunday night, but I could be wrong about that- were Ohio bars open on Sunday nights back in the 80's?) and the bartender was drunk when we walked in. He was too far gone to make any drinks so we just hopped the bar and started making our own. Turns out the bartender was headed to jail the next morning so he was getting good and drunk to celebrate. We were there for a few hours until about 2:30 or 3:00 AM, the barkeep had passed out so we roused him up and said we were leaving, taking a case of beer for the road and he asked is we paid our bill. We honestly had no idea how much we had been drinking so we just said it was $30 and left $40 on the bar.

Been to quite a few I don't remember the names of. There is one in Orlando I never went into, it was a strip club called the Booby Trap. The building was was two pink domes with brown cupolas on top.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:09 AM   #17

VikingDad, Gruene Hall is located in Gruene Texas, which use to be a small farming community outside of New Braunfels. now it's only a few miles from New Braunfels. Gruene is now a kind of historic district and has a few really nice restaraunts and shops there. the wife and i really enjoy visiting there and the last time ate at the Gristmill. it overlooks the Guadalupe river. worth the visit if you are ever there in New Braunfels.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:20 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
VikingDad, Gruene Hall is located in Gruene Texas, which use to be a small farming community outside of New Braunfels. now it's only a few miles from New Braunfels. Gruene is now a kind of historic district and has a few really nice restaraunts and shops there. the wife and i really enjoy visiting there and the last time ate at the Gristmill. it overlooks the Guadalupe river. worth the visit if you are ever there in New Braunfels.
Oh, OK. I was in San Antonio back then for the street race (I worked for a racing team) and we drove out to New Braunfels, if Gruene is nearby then it could very well be that we stopped in there. It looks familiar anyhow. Of course this was back in the late 80's.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Oh, OK. I was in San Antonio back then for the street race (I worked for a racing team) and we drove out to New Braunfels, if Gruene is nearby then it could very well be that we stopped in there. It looks familiar anyhow. Of course this was back in the late 80's.
Do they do a river rafting thing on the Guadalupe? I recall that as well. Beer was involved so I could be wrong.

Oh, I just remembered a bar in Phoenix, or Chandler actually- the Rustler's Roost. Great bar. There is another one in Mesa that I forget the name of, but it was a country western place with bands and all, the cool part was that it had the funniest graffiti all over the place- there was not one square inch of that place, inside and out, that wasn't written on. Some of the funniest graffiti I have seen too.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:26 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
yep! gotta be the same place. it's been there since 1878. it's a great place to hang out on friday and saturday nights.