Unreal!!! Connecticut - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Unreal!!! Connecticut

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1907 Times on 1061 Posts
Likes Given: 1261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
Mr. Steve Dargon is a very nice man. I spoke with him, and told him that this was a bad idea. He said he is just working to prevent tragedy, throwing things up against the wall to see what sticks. He seems to be a moderate democrat. He says he thinks the 2a is very important, and that the issue is not guns. He said he wanted to make the info public, but not in a list form. Sort of like marriage licenses.

IMHO, Mr. Dargon is simply a man trying to stop tragedies like this from happening. Also IMO he seems to backing away from this one. He says over 160 people have called him today. The number posted is the mans HOME PHONE! He was very gracious about me calling him at home, I apologized for doing that.

Could someone post a number to this mans office phone? It is not cool calling a guy at his house while he is with his family.
Why would you feel bad about calling him at home? He wants to give out your home iinformation!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns
Mr. Steve Dargon is a very nice man. I spoke with him, and told him that this was a bad idea. He said he is just working to prevent tragedy, throwing things up against the wall to see what sticks. He seems to be a moderate democrat. He says he thinks the 2a is very important, and that the issue is not guns. He said he wanted to make the info public, but not in a list form. Sort of like marriage licenses.

IMHO, Mr. Dargon is simply a man trying to stop tragedies like this from happening. Also IMO he seems to backing away from this one. He says over 160 people have called him today. The number posted is the mans HOME PHONE! He was very gracious about me calling him at home, I apologized for doing that.

Could someone post a number to this mans office phone? It is not cool calling a guy at his house while he is with his family.
You must be joking, he is a threat in my book .. I hope his phone is ringing off the damn hook

Old 01-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #13

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

He is a ****ing MORON! and if he doesn't like having his information published than he should think twice about publishing others! Lets see if he likes the same treatment that those twats from the Journal News got

just a start,

Stephen D Dargan
215 Beach St
West Haven CT 06516-6133
203-937-1985

more contact info,
http://www.housedems.ct.gov/Dargan/index.asp
He was fine with it. I just don't like calling a man at his house.

-Matt

Old 01-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #14

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
He was fine with it. I just don't like calling a man at his house.
and I'm sure legally licensed gun owners don't like having criminals know the details of their household either

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Mosin Likes This 
Old 01-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #15

He was just wasn't a bad guy. I made sure he knew what he was proposing is dangerous, and awful. I told him his proposal was criminal.

He seemed to understand. That's why I said he isn't a bad guy. He backed down from the issue, seemingly he knew he was wrong.

-Matt

Last edited by Blueguns; 01-05-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

and I'm sure legally licensed gun owners don't like having criminals know the details of their household either
I'm not arguing that. Trust me when I say I let him know how awful this proposal is.

I think the man just made a mistake. Maybe not a mistake, a huge f**k-up. He seemed to to be backing away from it.

Let me be clear. If Mr. Dargon continues to push this piece of legislation, he will receive more calls from me. These calls will not be so nice.

CtShooter, I'm from CA. Not a anti, just maybe a little to forgiving at times.

-Matt

Last edited by Blueguns; 01-05-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #17

Liked 499 Times on 298 Posts
Likes Given: 231

You didn't tell him nothing he didn't already know and he told you what you wanted to hear. After all, that's why he's a politician. They're all flim-flam experts!

Old 01-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11
You didn't tell him nothing he didn't already know and he told you what you wanted to hear. After all, that's why he's a politician. They're all flim-flam experts!
I edited that post check it out again. I may have been too forgiving.

-Matt

Old 01-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #19

Liked 499 Times on 298 Posts
Likes Given: 231

In my previous life I was in the company of 2 Presidents, 1 Vice President and had direct dealings with an assemblyman and congressman and that's not counting those who ran interference for them. I learned long ago where they were coming from, but at least I was alerted.

The average good guy like yourself, which isn't your fault, accepts them like you would anyone else you meet. That's only normal if they respond to you respectfully. That's a very big mistake. Their character cannot be defined as an every day kinda guy, or woman. They think at a different level from the rest of us.

You'd think that since many politicians are highly educated professionals, like doctors, lawyers, or business people, etc. that they're extremely intelligent, but many aren't. Look at Biden and Pelosi, just as examples. They depend on people stupider than themselves for whatever success they achieve. Guess that shows lots of stupid people out there putting individuals like these back in office over and over again. That is very scarey!

When Dargan said to you that he threw stuff against the wall to see what would stick was very telling about his character and intelligence. He had no intelligent input regarding guns in general, but he hoped he could get some mileage out of the Conn. tragedy that would give him good political publicity, but it backfired on him. The best thing to do is let those who know best how to deal with these people to do our talking for us.