Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Unreal!!! Connecticut (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/unreal-connecticut-80335/)

ctshooter 01-04-2013 06:12 PM

Unreal!!! Connecticut

A state representative from the west haven area in Connecticut wants to put through legislation that would make public all pistol permit holders in the state.

Stop the insanity!!!

allegreenlee 01-04-2013 06:18 PM

His name is steve dargon (203)937-1985 call him and tell him what a moron he is

ctshooter 01-04-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allegreenlee
His name is steve dargon (203)937-1985 call him and tell him what a moron he is

Can't get through. His voice mail is full!!

Blueguns 01-05-2013 03:17 AM

Mr. Steve Dargon is a very nice man. I spoke with him, and told him that this was a bad idea. He said he is just working to prevent tragedy, throwing things up against the wall to see what sticks. He seems to be a moderate democrat. He says he thinks the 2a is very important, and that the issue is not guns. He said he wanted to make the info public, but not in a list form. Sort of like marriage licenses.

IMHO, Mr. Dargon is simply a man trying to stop tragedies like this from happening. Also IMO he seems to backing away from this one. He says over 160 people have called him today. The number posted is the mans HOME PHONE! He was very gracious about me calling him at home, I apologized for doing that.

Could someone post a number to this mans office phone? It is not cool calling a guy at his house while he is with his family.

nitestalker 01-05-2013 03:27 AM

Everyone who talked to Ted Bundy thought he was a really nice guy. That is except his victims. They also found out too late.:(

gunsmoke11 01-05-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueguns (Post 1080463)
Mr. Steve Dargon is a very nice man. I spoke with him, and told him that this was a bad idea. He said he is just working to prevent tragedy, throwing things up against the wall to see what sticks. He seems to be a moderate democrat. He says he thinks the 2a is very important, and that the issue is not guns. He said he wanted to make the info public, but not in a list form. Sort of like marriage licenses.

IMHO, Mr. Dargon is simply a man trying to stop tragedies like this from happening. Also IMO he seems to backing away from this one. He says over 160 people have called him today. The number posted is the mans HOME PHONE! He was very gracious about me calling him at home, I apologized for doing that.

Could someone post a number to this mans office phone? It is not cool calling a guy at his house while he is with his family.

You're apparently a very good person and very forgiving as well. He was probably well spoken, polite and impressed you. People like Mr. Dargon are brain dead where common sense and consideration are concerned for others. He must be well educated, but his mind is filled with too many so-called facts that he's swallowed over the years from his leftist colleagues and now he's incapable of separating fact from fiction.

Having his home phone ringing off the hook is far less of a concern than being a retired police officer and having his, or her family being located and stalked by someone he, or she put in the joint. He instigated this problem and any grief he gets is well deserved.

Exposing the names of licensed pistol holders in any way is idiotic and he was giving you double talk that made him sound very stupid. If people are already licensed then what's he even talking about when he mentions something public like a marriage license? You gotta tell him that public means just that, public! Also, seriously what purpose does making the names public serve?

Our President won't allow his school records to be made public, but we are an open book? We're responsible for ourselves and our families, but he's responsible for over 320 million American citizens and we're still not even sure where he came from. If Mr. Dargon wants to be useful then let him, since he's a know it all, solve that mystery.

robocop10mm 01-05-2013 04:28 AM

More knee jerk reaction from legislators who think the MUST introduce legislation to justify their existance. I prefer the guy who votes "NO" to everything. I forget where he's from.

dog2000tj 01-05-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueguns (Post 1080463)

He is a fucking MORON! :mad: and if he doesn't like having his information published than he should think twice about publishing others! Lets see if he likes the same treatment that those twats from the Journal News got :cool:

just a start,

Stephen D Dargan
215 Beach St
West Haven CT 06516-6133
203-937-1985

more contact info,
http://www.housedems.ct.gov/Dargan/index.asp

ctshooter 01-05-2013 12:55 PM

I think the legislators time could be better spent doing something that actually could do some good. If they want to make legislation "for safety" then how about something like mandatory gun safes. Most of the people I have talked to say that is something they can get behind.

Bottom line is none of us are the ones to blame for what happened in Sandy Hook. So why are we being demonized for it?

The last guy that started making lists like this also made the people on the list start wearing yellow stars on their clothes.

ctshooter 01-05-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueguns

Are you from Connecticut?