Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Universal Health Care

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
right winger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hymera,Indiana
Posts: 113
Default Universal Health Care

I saw this on The Firearms Forum.
Thought it was funny.

Subject: Universal Health Care - what the docs say...


When American Doctors were asked their opinion on some of the proposed
Universal Health Care programs, here's what they had to say:

The Allergists voted to scratch it, and the Dermatologists advised not to
make any rash moves.

The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the
Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve, and the
Obstetricians felt they were all laboring under a misconception.

The Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted;
the Pathologists yelled, 'Over my dead body!'
while the Pediatricians said, 'Oh, Grow up!'

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness,
the Radiologists could see right through it,
and the Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing.

The Internists thought it was a bitter pill to swallow,
and the Plastic Surgeons said, 'This puts a whole new face on the matter.'

The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward,
but the Urologists felt the scheme wouldn't hold water.

The Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and the
Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.

In the end, the Proctologists left the decision up to some ******* in Washington.

__________________

A armed man is a citizen. A unarmed man is a subject.

right winger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 12-21-2008, 11:40 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,615
Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by right winger View Post
In the end, the Proctologists left the decision up to some ******* in Washington.
And of course, we'll get it up the backside too!
__________________

9x18=Makarov

ScottG is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:09 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 53
Default

Meh...at the risk of stepping up on a pedestal, let me just say this: universal health care, in and of itself, is not necessarily a problem. The problem, in my opinion, is the vast army of illegal hispanics who are milking the system. I don't mean to be offensive; it's just something that I've seen firsthand in my line of work. Between ER visits from gang-related violence to repeat pregnancies, the cost of healthcare to illegals is easily in the hundreds of thousands per year, if not the millions, or even more. All they have to do is hide behind the language barrier and refuse to submit ID, and they still get treatment - with no questions asked.

Even accepting the premise that they still deserve healthcare free of charge, one still cannot avoid the problem of how much of a financial burden this is on society. Short of any serious changes in the laws, this is probably going to continue regardless of whether we have "free-market" or "universal" healthcare. Of course, for merely pointing this out, I probably run the risk of being called a bigot, "racist", etc. Frankly, all I care about is wanting to keep our healthcare system from collapsing into a third world dead-zone. One hospital that I've worked at is already in the process of closing due to this problem.

__________________
Jedi Knight is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:09 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 29
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Ti's is so close to the truth it could have been written by Mark Twain. I enjoy this Club House very much, even though I don't participate; I do admire your no B. S. Attitude.
Merry Christmas from Mexico, where today's temp was 78 degrees and my wife caught three nice Jack Cravelle in the 15lb range from the beach
Joseph engraver

__________________
joseph engraver is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:49 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

I hadn't seen this before, but now that I have, I have to say +1 and this is an instant classic.

Let's face it gang, with Barry in the White "Chocolate" House and with Biden as the back up, we are under siege. There won't be any reprieve until at least 2010 when we can vote some of these scumbags out - but in the meantime, we need to focus on what is most important to us and who matters.

Ammo and weapons in hand is more important that promises and intentions.

JD

__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:20 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
chopkick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno,Mexifornia
Posts: 660
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I hadn't seen this before, but now that I have, I have to say +1 and this is an instant classic.

Let's face it gang, with Barry in the White "Chocolate" House and with Biden as the back up, we are under siege. There won't be any reprieve until at least 2010 when we can vote some of these scumbags out - but in the meantime, we need to focus on what is most important to us and who matters.

Ammo and weapons in hand is more important that promises and intentions.

JD
HERE! HERE! J.D. Well said.
__________________

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

chopkick is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:58 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Knight View Post
Meh...at the risk of stepping up on a pedestal, let me just say this: universal health care, in and of itself, is not necessarily a problem. The problem, in my opinion, is the vast army of illegal hispanics who are milking the system. I don't mean to be offensive; it's just something that I've seen firsthand in my line of work. Between ER visits from gang-related violence to repeat pregnancies, the cost of healthcare to illegals is easily in the hundreds of thousands per year, if not the millions, or even more. All they have to do is hide behind the language barrier and refuse to submit ID, and they still get treatment - with no questions asked.

Even accepting the premise that they still deserve healthcare free of charge, one still cannot avoid the problem of how much of a financial burden this is on society. Short of any serious changes in the laws, this is probably going to continue regardless of whether we have "free-market" or "universal" healthcare. Of course, for merely pointing this out, I probably run the risk of being called a bigot, "racist", etc. Frankly, all I care about is wanting to keep our healthcare system from collapsing into a third world dead-zone. One hospital that I've worked at is already in the process of closing due to this problem.
What the hell are you smoking? I have had it (Military Health Care) It took me 6 years to get a tooth pulled that I broke on a military hamburger. Then when i got it pulled they half the root in my gum for 6 months. I had hearing loss from the military they wouldn't pay.

I got a flu shot and within 4 hours I was throwing up had the chills and a fever of 104.3*. I went to the ER they gave me 2l of Lactated Ringers and told me to go back to work. GO BACK TO WORK with a temp now of 103*. I talked to a doctor not in the military and was told to never get a flu shot again as I was allergic to it and I could have died. I COULD HAVE DIED AND THEY SENT ME BACK TO WORK.

I know a man in Canada that lost his son because he needed a CT scan and it was 200 miles away. Why because the government can not afford to put a CT scanner in every hospital.


So anyone who want it can kiss my azz as I will fight it to the death. Why in the world after watching the government screw up Social Security, Vietnam, Korea, Iraqi Freedom, the economy would you want these incompetent impotent ass hats running your health care? Give me a break government health care means people dying because they can't get to the life saving treatment they need because some **** with more money has it tied up in your area.

Please tell me why you wish to give up your healthcare to government control these yahoo's can't even take a dam dump without screwing it up. HELLO they just gave away billions of dollars to azz hats the rode there own businesses into the ground.
__________________
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
What the hell are you smoking? I have had it (Military Health Care) It took me 6 years to get a tooth pulled that I broke on a military hamburger. Then when i got it pulled they half the root in my gum for 6 months. I had hearing loss from the military they wouldn't pay.

I got a flu shot and within 4 hours I was throwing up had the chills and a fever of 104.3*. I went to the ER they gave me 2l of Lactated Ringers and told me to go back to work. GO BACK TO WORK with a temp now of 103*. I talked to a doctor not in the military and was told to never get a flu shot again as I was allergic to it and I could have died. I COULD HAVE DIED AND THEY SENT ME BACK TO WORK.

I know a man in Canada that lost his son because he needed a CT scan and it was 200 miles away. Why because the government can not afford to put a CT scanner in every hospital.


So anyone who want it can kiss my azz as I will fight it to the death. Why in the world after watching the government screw up Social Security, Vietnam, Korea, Iraqi Freedom, the economy would you want these incompetent impotent ass hats running your health care? Give me a break government health care means people dying because they can't get to the life saving treatment they need because some **** with more money has it tied up in your area.

Please tell me why you wish to give up your healthcare to government control these yahoo's can't even take a dam dump without screwing it up. HELLO they just gave away billions of dollars to azz hats the rode there own businesses into the ground.


If you go back and re-read my post, you'll see that I never said universal health care was necessarily superior to free-market. Believe me, I've heard all of the military-hospital horror stories.

My point is that as long as one of the fastest-growing segments of the US population (ie, illegal aliens) continue to receive free health care at the expense of everyone else, it's not going to matter WHAT kind system we have: it will eventually deteriorate regardless. In fact, it already is deteriorating, in my view.
__________________
Jedi Knight is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:41 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Default

Not in my area we are getting a brand new state of the art hospital and another one is on the way. One is going for its Level 1 trauma cert.

But under any kind of social health care we would get a house with half ass doc in it.

We have the best doctors in the USA why? Because they can make good money.

How many illegals are getting free health care? I don't know and I am not sure anyone does. You can thank the PRK for starting all that bleeding heart crap. I think we should invade California and take it over and set it straight.

__________________
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:58 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 52
Default

I think this article is worth a read by anyone interested in the American healthcare system

http://www.theobjectivestandard.com/issues/2007-winter/moral-vs-universal-health-care.asp

__________________
Steve-M is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Socialist health care, The Movie opaww Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 08-10-2009 02:18 AM
Socialist health care, 3 (The attack of the truffles) opaww Politics, Religion and Controversy 0 06-27-2009 10:13 AM
Socialist health care, The Sequel opaww Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 06-26-2009 11:57 PM
Health Care Tax Bigcountry02 Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 06-03-2009 01:40 PM
Soda Tax Weighed to Pay for Health Care! Bigcountry02 Politics, Religion and Controversy 6 05-14-2009 10:55 AM