Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > United Breaks Guitars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default United Breaks Guitars

Guess that this guy won the argument! Interesting comments and follow up on this video at the YouTube site.

A musician named Dave Carroll recently had difficulty with United Airlines. United apparently damaged his treasured Taylor guitar ($3,500) during a flight. Dave spent over 9 months trying to get United to pay for damages caused by baggage handlers to his custom guitar. During his final exchange with the United Customer Relations Manager, he stated that he was left with no choice other than to create a music video for YouTube exposing their lack of cooperation. The manager responded: "Good luck with that one, pal".

So he posted a retaliatory video on YouTube. The video has since received over 6.1 million hits. United Airlines contacted the musician to attempt settlement in exchange for pulling the video. Naturally, his response was: "Good luck with that one, pal".

Taylor Guitars sent the musician 2 new custom guitars in appreciation for the product recognition from the video that has lead to a sharp increase in orders.

Here's the video ....

United's Responce ....

People get the government they deserve.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #2

Liked 1083 Times on 638 Posts
Likes Given: 337

Great video from the guy, catchy song and it makes me glad I'm flying Southwest for my New Year's Vacation. It just sucks that the only reason he got reimbursed was because he was a talented person, if Joe Blow has the same problem they are basically screwed.

The response video was also great. I really want to know if it's really an employee who made it or if it's just some random person. I hope its a United employee, I wish it were the official United response because its very true and very funny(which makes me doubt it's real).

Good post, glad to hear the guy finally got a new guitar even if it was not United who supplied it.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 12-20-2009, 12:22 AM   #3

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

hmmmm....wonder if I did a Nighthawk rant on YouTube they would send me a couple pistols......

Old 12-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Can you put it to music??

People get the government they deserve.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I can lay down some vocal tracks but my skills on other instruments are limited.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-20-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That guy has talent. Breaking his custom guitar was just wrong, giving him the middle digit was even worse. I'm glad it worked out. But as has been said, the average Joe would have been left out in the cold.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams