Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Unit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I was digging the herion line either, but I was happy to have Red Cap back - she's an Uber Hottie! I was to see her and that Asian super planner that works for Ryan together on an undercover assignment, preferably somewhere hot and sunny with two piece bikinis.

I imagine this season will end with Bob still on the junk and we will have to wait to see what transpires. I was going with the whole break down of the marriage because of the drug use and Kim would somehow end up back in communication with the money laundry guy, but Bob put that theory to bed... LOL

I don't know what happened with Betty Blue, was he even in the last episode with Jonas and Mac and Bob? I don't remember seeing him playing a part to be honest, but it's early and I haven't had anything to eat yet. My thought there is that he has stumbled on to something that will grow much bigger and be a short lived "issue" for the team to deal with, but probably as part of late this season, first part of next season.

This is definitely one of my favorite shows on television and the fact that Eric Lee Haney meets with the writers each week for question and answer about "What would really happen" is definitely cool in my book. More shows ( like 24 & Flashpoint ) need to incorporate real world operators into the mix and not just a bunch of writing junkies who have seen every action movie ever made...

Looking forward to Sunday night for the next installment though -

My name is John Dillinger & I am a Unit Junkie...LOL

JD

Old 01-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I was digging the herion line either, but I was happy to have Red Cap back - she's an Uber Hottie! I was to see her and that Asian super planner that works for Ryan together on an undercover assignment, preferably somewhere hot and sunny with two piece bikinis.
+1

Quote:
This is definitely one of my favorite shows on television and the fact that Eric Lee Haney meets with the writers each week for question and answer about "What would really happen" is definitely cool in my book. More shows ( like 24 & Flashpoint ) need to incorporate real world operators into the mix and not just a bunch of writing junkies who have seen every action movie ever made...
For sure. I was kinda enjoying Flashpoint, but am starting to get tired of some of the mistakes. Did you see the Flashpoint episode last week with the executive protection detail? She leaves her protectee, who then gets kidnapped, and at the end of the episode one of her partners tells her she didn't do anything wrong...WTF!?!

If you are protecting someone you protect them, you don't go investigating the explosion in the kitchen. She should have been moving the other direction at speed, pulling her protectee by the hair if need be.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 01-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post

For sure. I was kinda enjoying Flashpoint, but am starting to get tired of some of the mistakes. Did you see the Flashpoint episode last week with the executive protection detail? She leaves her protectee, who then gets kidnapped, and at the end of the episode one of her partners tells her she didn't do anything wrong...WTF!?!

If you are protecting someone you protect them, you don't go investigating the explosion in the kitchen. She should have been moving the other direction at speed, pulling her protectee by the hair if need be.
Totally agreed, that whole show needs a re-write from the first episode, and they need to get those friggin "actors" some training with firearms.

Last season the new young hot shot, I forget his name because he's a putz and is worthless in my opinion, is supposed to be this former military recon guy, the best shot BY FAR in their little team, and he gets sniper detail. In the scene where they are asking him if he has "eyes on" he has the WORST cheek weld in the history shooting, so close to the scope that his lashes are practically dusting the lense and the god damn bolt handle is in the UP position, but he proudly proclaims that he "has the solution".

Terrible Stylezzzzzz.

JD

Old 01-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #14

As for the Unit, I am with Dillinger on this. Spear of Destiny? Really?? One of the things I enjoy about the show is the real life scenarios they are in and handle with ease. to throw in some religious mumbo jumbo pisses me off. And as for Ryan's ex??

Lemme tell you something. I spent years waiting for the moment Ryan got what he deserved. I rewound and watched his ass whipping in such detail I could re choreograph it perfectly. Every grunt and groan and squeal he let out when Mac had him filled my life with a sense of rightness with the world. And a tear came to my eye when Jonas was spaking to Mac trying to help him through it. I NOW watch the show for 2 reasons. Tiff needs to pay now. Pay in a very heinous way. And Ryans ex needs to pay. After that I will probably stop watching TV for I would have nothing left in me.

So it was no surprise that Ryans punk ass would allow his ex to dictate what she did. A real man would have killed the whore. But thats just me.

As for Flashpoint. All my friends asked me what I thought about it from ep 1. And even then I was saying "I'm realy not sure." I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it wasnt the tactical aspect of the show I needed to watch and pay attention to the personal relationships and the drama itself. But holy crap. Even THAT is weak. I gave up witht he show when she bailed on her principle. No kidding. Changed the channel as soon as she said "Stay here" and turned on her priniple and ran off. My roommate was even laughing at me cause I got so mad.

Lemme tell you guys, wanna watch a great show with everything in it? Leverage!! Action! Humor! if You like the Oceans series you'll like Leverage. Between The Unit and Leverage I need no other shows.

<<Insert cool pithy ponderous statement here that makes women want me and men want to BE me!>>

Old 01-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #15

+1 on Leverage. That is also a great show and I love they way they work as a team. The first episode, where they shorted the stock and all got filthy rich, but couldn't walk away from the "sport" of it was a great twist.

I really enjoy Leverage and haven't missed an episode either.

JD

Old 01-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #16

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
So it was no surprise that Ryans punk ass would allow his ex to dictate what she did. A real man would have killed the whore. But thats just me.

After what she did the real operators would have made her disapper. No noise no nothing their one day gone the next.

I am sorry but there are very few people who have the power to hold a SPEC OPS team up. I know I would never what to be the one that did it.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:20 AM   #17

I just can't take it anymore. I can't, I'm sorry. It jsut has to be said.....
THE UNIT IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF <censored> STUPID <censored> SHOW!
Cmon guys! What organization in the world would send ONLY THE TEAM SGT into a foreign country to extract 15 teenage religious fanatic kids from a hostile area BY HIMSELF?!?
The whole reason SPEC OPS is so effective is because of TEAMWORK and the ability to function AS A TEAM in small numbers.......numbers I said, not number.
blah, I can't read this thread anymore! lol
lvl4 ninja, i'm NOT going to have this talk with you again! got it?

hehehehe

"When trouble comes, they come not in single spies, but in battalions."
William Shakespeare

Gun control means using BOTH hands.

Guns don't kill people, Strained Peas do...

Old 01-16-2009, 03:52 AM   #18

heh heh heh yeah he says that. But I will keep bringing it up.

YOU CAN RUN BUT WE STILL HAVE THE SAME MOTHER LEP MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

look what we can do with the darkside Leprechaun!! we already got your cousin Yoda. You might as well come over too.

<<Insert cool pithy ponderous statement here that makes women want me and men want to BE me!>>

Old 01-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeprechaunGunLover View Post
Cmon guys! What organization in the world would send ONLY THE TEAM SGT into a foreign country to extract 15 teenage religious fanatic kids from a hostile area BY HIMSELF?!?
The whole reason SPEC OPS is so effective is because of TEAMWORK and the ability to function AS A TEAM in small numbers.......numbers I said, not number.

hehehehe
Okay, I understand your point - but at least the tactics are sound and the weapon control/safety is addressed accordingly. Show me another program out there that is better and I will watch it.

However, for saying The Unit is a big piece of <censored> I have this in retort: You're Fired!

Old 01-16-2009, 07:50 PM   #20

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeprechaunGunLover View Post

hehehehe
This coming from a little man with magic gold in his pockets and curley shoes. BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHAHHHHHHHH H

Do you think we really care that the show is perfect. I really don't I like to watch it because it is a good show. It is not as bad as Flashpoint that is a soap with guns. they they really do suck with their stuff. I mean cumon your are repelling down the front of the office. every episode they are whining about something. They whine so much I think there Puss*&s hurt.

Let me guess you would rather us watch Big Brother or American Idol PUKE.

you people that take tv so seriously that you want everything dead on right need to relax. Go smoke a blunt or something jeeeeeeeeeesh.

I don't watch The Unit to see if they make mistake I watch it to see people DIE like they should.

Last edited by cpttango30; 01-17-2009 at 04:41 PM.