Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   The Unit (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/unit-9927/)

user4 01-13-2009 07:11 PM

The Unit

I know there are a few fans in here, but did you guys see the last episode "The Spear Of Destiny"? That fricken rocked.

cpttango30 01-13-2009 07:17 PM

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it is still sitting in my DVR. Don't even think about talking about it.

Dillinger 01-13-2009 07:18 PM

You know, I was on the other side of the coin on that one last night. The Spear of Destiny? Really? Isn't that supposed to be one of the Mighty Holy Relics - Kind of like the Chalice?

[SPOILER]
I really enjoyed the story line, with Mac visiting Hammerhead in the not so after life, that was really cool - and Bob getting to take care of that "other" issue.
[/SPOILER]

I enjoyed the show OTHER than the Spear - They could have had the monks just be Monks who have a spiritual tie back through the ages, they didn't need to break out the Spear of Destiny.

Where do you go from here? An Airplane highjacking? Big deal, I held the Spear of Destiny and am one of it's chosen guardians.....:confused:

It was kind of where did Indiana Jones go AFTER he drank from the Cup of Christ? You're kind of semi-immortal after that, you know...

JD

cpttango30 01-13-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 62253)
You know, I was on the other side of the coin on that one last night. The Spear of Destiny? Really? Isn't that supposed to be one of the Mighty Holy Relics - Kind of like the Chalice?

[SPOILER]
I really enjoyed the story line, with Mac visiting Hammerhead in the not so after life, that was really cool - and Bob getting to take care of that "other" issue.
[/SPOILER]

I enjoyed the show OTHER than the Spear - They could have had the monks just be Monks who have a spiritual tie back through the ages, they didn't need to break out the Spear of Destiny.

Where do you go from here? An Airplane highjacking? Big deal, I held the Spear of Destiny and am one of it's chosen guardians.....:confused:

It was kind of where did Indiana Jones go AFTER he drank from the Cup of Christ? You're kind of semi-immortal after that, you know...
JD

No No No Dillinger Indy was only immortal if he did not cross the great seal. Once you passed that you were back to normal. Same with his dad. My god all that movie triva and you didn't know that.

Dillinger 01-13-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 62321)
No No No Dillinger Indy was only immortal if he did not cross the great seal. Once you passed that you were back to normal. Same with his dad. My god all that movie triva and you didn't know that.

I don't remember that? Really? Only if you didn't cross the great seal, what the hell point is that? LOL

Okay, I will have to re-watch it and see for myself....

In any event, my previous thought still stands. :p

JD

Minionsram 01-13-2009 10:58 PM

yeah the Unit was a good one. I really liked the ending:D

Gonna watch NCIS in a few (its the only one of those I like:p)

cpttango30 01-15-2009 12:14 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Mine stopped as Jonas runs from the chopper with the spear. What happened after that?

god dam football always messing up my dvr. I will be so glad when it is over and done.

NCIS was good, but not to action packed.

All the CSI shows are disappointed me this season. CSI: NY is the least of the three.

Criminal Minds is good only for the smokin hotties like garcia nerd queen i bow at her feet.

Bighead 01-15-2009 05:40 AM

If I was Jonas I would find out who is on the committee that was refusing to extract me & my injured man, and I would probably hunt them down and kill them.

I didn't really dig the herion junky story line. With as close as the team is I would think that in private you could go over what happened and make sure you got the time/help you needed. It's not like you would have to air to the military what was going on Maybe I'm wrong.

Also...my DVR is set to record new showings only, and a couple weeks ago there was an episode with Betty Blue on light duty with an injured arm. He fell in love with some girl and trades a Colt revolver for a vintage aircraft engine piston to give her. He ends up getting braced by actor Barry Corbin and being told he isn't going to get to see the girl. This story line seems to have dropped off the radar, so did I get some old re-run on accident or what? I only started watching The Unit this season.

cpttango30 01-15-2009 10:29 AM

No that was this season. It was odd about the girl.

It must suck having to lie to everyone about who you are and what you do. You are elite in the utmost sense of the word and you have to look like normal joe all the time.

I also agree that with the connections of the unit you couldn't find out who they are and then go to their house and be sitting in their lazy boy when theyget home from work. Then upon them setting foot in their house shoot them in the dam knee cap. hold the spear in front of their face and if you want it come and get it. Knowing full well that this thing allows the holder to be the victor in any battle.

So did Mac die or did he pull threw?

Bighead 01-15-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 62698)
So did Mac die or did he pull threw?

He pulled through when Jonas took the spear back.