Unfortunate newbie question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Unfortunate newbie question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 04:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Unfortunate newbie question

I live in Massachusetts, I've had my class A Ltc for a few years now, finally going to buy my first hand gun. A side from the paper work what is the process for purchasing a gun? Pretty sure the only waiting period is hanging around in the shop while the background check is complete. My question is in regards to the next steps. I assume once the transaction is complete, the gun is mine, I could simply conceal it on my person and be on my way. But is that the norm, I can't imagine that it is. Do most people bring a carrying case (or lock box) to transfer it home? I understand the proper transfer laws, and I'm sure brand new guns come in some sort of box (?) but what about used, will the shop provide something or just hand over the weapon for me to be on my way?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-26-2013, 04:24 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2985 Times on 1711 Posts
Likes Given: 17615

Don't know about Mass. but in Pa. 30 minutes. Florida,"suicide clause",three days.
In Florida,that three day wait is supposedly a "cool-down" period as of in the case crimes of passion,impulsive anger or suicide,time to change your mind.

Good Luck!

Old 01-26-2013, 04:43 AM   #3

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxz
I live in Massachusetts, I've had my class A Ltc for a few years now, finally going to buy my first hand gun. A side from the paper work what is the process for purchasing a gun? Pretty sure the only waiting period is hanging around in the shop while the background check is complete. My question is in regards to the next steps. I assume once the transaction is complete, the gun is mine, I could simply conceal it on my person and be on my way. But is that the norm, I can't imagine that it is. Do most people bring a carrying case (or lock box) to transfer it home? I understand the proper transfer laws, and I'm sure brand new guns come in some sort of box (?) but what about used, will the shop provide something or just hand over the weapon for me to be on my way?
The guns I've bought usually come in a factory plastic case. I'd assume yours would too? If not, I don't see why the law would restrict you from putting it in your pocket, provided you have large pockets.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default MA Legal G22 for sale!! 7 High Cap Pre-ban mags w/holsters, grip, and case

Check out my listing on gunbroker.com. Auction # 328334083.

Class A LTC non-restricted can own this firearm and mags. Originally purchased in MA in 2006. Excellent condition