"unexplained events" stories....... - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "unexplained events" stories.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 04:50 AM   #61
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS View Post
maybe he gotchur attention for to throw the ball for your pup.
Yeah, probably. I would throw it down the driveway for her all the time on the way to get the paper. She was a fetching fool that dog. My nephews would try and wear her out, tag teaming her literally for hours until I made them stop for fear she would die of exhaustion. I think she would get mad at me for making them stop, at least for a few minutes until she passed out. She could also fetch up a golf ball that I would drive a couple hundred yards down into the lower part of the property. It was the same ball too, we could tell because we marked the ball.
Eturnsdale Likes This 
Old 09-19-2012, 04:59 AM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Dogs evolved from the same ancestor that wolves did. They evolved to chase down food for miles and miles upon miles. Good luck wearing out a driven dog. Their hearts and lungs are larger in comparison to their bodies than most other animals. Everything about them is designed to move and kill something.

When I was younger we had a bird dog that couldn't be worn out. After our arms would wear out we would put the dummy in a clay thrower. By the time she got back we would have another loaded. One day my fingers bloodied from pulling the string and she still wanted more.

Sorry, very off topic I know.

But if it counts I still kinda feel her around sometimes.

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 09-19-2012, 04:59 AM   #63

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yeah, probably. I would throw it down the driveway for her all the time on the way to get the paper. She was a fetching fool that dog. My nephews would try and wear her out, tag teaming her literally for hours until I made them stop for fear she would die of exhaustion. I think she would get mad at me for making them stop, at least for a few minutes until she passed out. She could also fetch up a golf ball that I would drive a couple hundred yards down into the lower part of the property. It was the same ball too, we could tell because we marked the ball.

that made me BIG smile. the black lab, Trapper, i talked about in another post, did the same. i think he would get mad @ me when i stopped throwin the dummies for him........even tho i knew he was worn out. and as for golf balls, i could lose them in the sky, but he was a GREAT marker of retrievin objects. my 2 chocolates would retrieve golf balls too, but they'd have the cover off of them, and be workin on destroyin the inside before they got back with the retrieve. LMAO

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 09-19-2012, 05:07 AM   #64

Liked 2758 Times on 1796 Posts

My best explanation of each and every story here, or most of the stories, is proof of an afterlife. Or, at least, there is much more to life than meets the eye. Some may call these happenings ghosts, angels, the afterlife, different dimensions, or as I choose to see it, God's influence on our lives.

The athiests are rolling their eyes by now, I'm sure. But I ask any athiest reading this, have you had any experience similar to anything in this thread? If so, explain it scientifically.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:10 AM   #65

I mentioned several dog stories in a dog thread not too long ago that would fit in this thread quite well. I can't link and post with my phone.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:10 AM   #66
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

April (my Lab/Shep) was such a fanatic about fetching I got an old broken tennis ball chucker that I was going to fix up and train her to drop the ball into it herself. Unfortunately I couldn't get or make some of the broken parts for it. She did have a game she would play with a milk crate though, she would toss it down the steep hill behind the house and then chase it as it tumbled down the hill, and toss it back up the hill to the top and start all over again. The funniest part of the game (for me) was when she would pick up the crate from the bottom with her head inside and walk around the house running into things. She would also play with 10-foot long Douglas fir branches, taking time to find the center of balance and then walking around with the "stick" trying to get people to throw it for her. Funniest time with that was when she ran between two trees and it stopped her dead in her tracks.

Sorry for running off the tracks.
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 09-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #67

I may get flack for this. But it is what it is. I believe in the Earth bound spirit. So very little here seems hinky to me.

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 09-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale
I may get flack for this. But it is what it is. I believe in the Earth bound spirit. So very little here seems hinky to me.
Care to elaborate? This sounds like a wiccan philosophy.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:31 AM   #69

Pretty much, yes. Though not the bastardized gardanian versions (and several others) where the priests and priestess are required to spread their majik to initiates through copulation. What would you like me to elaborate on exactly?

Old 09-19-2012, 05:34 AM   #70

I didn't know what you meant by earth bound spirit. I never heard that as a term, or religion of sorts.