Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "unexplained events" stories.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #191
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1638 Times on 1000 Posts
Likes Given: 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I think I visited that cemetery. If it's the one I'm thinking of, at Luxembourg city, George Patton is buried there.
Yep, that's the one. Awesome isn't it?

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 04-29-2013, 05:44 AM   #192
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5074 Times on 2886 Posts
Likes Given: 4238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Yep, that's the one. Awesome isn't it?
Did you read the white crosses that said:

"Here in unknown glory lies a comrade in arms, known but to God."

I never dreamed that there were so many unidentified.

I have a good friend from Antwerp. He told me that when his children were teenagers, he took them there there several times in the summer and always told them:

"Always remember to pray for these men that came from the other side of the world and died to free us from the Germans, and asked nothing from us in return."

Some of the folks over there really did appreciate our sacrifice. And still do.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

People Like This 
Old 04-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #193

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Default A Story I Rarely Tell...

Place: Fox Lake, Ill

Date: Approx. 14 years ago

When I was young (around 10-12 years old) my fathers parents would take me to Fox Lake for a weekend twice a summer to my great-grandmothers house to give my parents a break. It was always fun as my great-grandmother was in her 90's at the time, highly active, and sharp as a tack. This meant great conversations and even better stories!

There was another reason for loving to visit. You see, she lived on a dead end road, right along the bank of Fox Lake. That, of course, meant plenty of fishing had to take place! Almoat always under the tutoring of my grandfather.

There was one summer, one after noon, and one particular moment I will never forget, when my grandfather had gone inside for a break. While walking down the bank (fishing from the bank) I would witness something incredible that I would not speak of for about 10 years.

Understand that the bank where I was fishing also went into a creek, about 50 yards across. The mouth of the creek across from me was heavily filled with cat tails which were very tall (dont know how tall, I was 10ish) and my side thoroughly choked with lilly pads.

While casting and retreaving a red-devil (didnt work so well with all the lillies) I heard a commotion over beyond the cat tails. I stopped and watched for a few seconds when a massive bird took off and cleared the cat tails flying off and away from the creek mouth/lake.

Now, big bird, so what? Right? Well, when I say it was huge, I mean HUGE! Its wings were easily the span of a average sized pontoon docked about 50 yards up the lake bank from where the bird took flight.

It struck terror in me in a bad way for a few minutes, and even after it was well gone I was frozen in shock. I never told anyone there what I saw because, well lets be honest, who would have believed it was anything but a childs overactive imagination?

It wouldnt be until about 10 years later, on the History Channel, that I would find out what I saw. Apparently sighting of ThunderBirds (or Roc's) date back there to the 1600's by European explorers and even earlier by native Americans. I just never knew the name of what I saw except "big f*$&%@+ bird!"

Sorry for such a long story...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Last edited by BigByrd47119; 04-29-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #194
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6636 Times on 4015 Posts
Likes Given: 7884

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Love old graveyards!

Driving through the country sometimes I will see little old ones on my way to here or there. I always make it a point to stop, pay my respects, and look around.
My Mother and I would often go on treks to old graveyards. We would read the headstones and speculate about the lives of those people. Often, we would notice many deaths in a certain year and wonder if a flu or something swept through the town at that time. We would also notice young women buried with their babies and know that the woman and child probably died during childbirth.
We never experienced anything unexplained but I would sometimes feel like I was 'getting involved' in other people's lives. I STILL love old cemeteries. Where I live, there are several old family cemeteries on farmland that the owners don't mind if you go browsing through there.
People Like This 
Old 05-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #195
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5074 Times on 2886 Posts
Likes Given: 4238

Okay. the believable ones have been posted.

NOW! Let's hear a few THAT YOU ACTUALLY EXPERIENCED, but didn't post because you thought no one would believe you.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #196

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Okay. the believable ones have been posted.

NOW! Let's hear a few THAT YOU ACTUALLY EXPERIENCED, but didn't post because you thought no one would believe you.
Already did two or 3 posts up!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

People Like This