Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "unexplained events" stories.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #181
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalk View Post
My wife and I were suddenly awakened in the middle of the night by load voices. I grabbed my Glock (with light attached) and proceeded down the stairs. To my surprise, I found the kitchen TV on and blaring away. We still don't have a clue and it has happened again. Thought of taking it to a repairman but decided against it.
Actually knew a family that had the patriarc pass away
He used to wake up every morning at "x" to watch tv.

After he passed away his family said that the TV would still turn on at "x" every day. They had sugguested he may be the one turning it on from the other side.

It turned out it was programmed or on a timer for that exact time (dont remember which now).

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

People Like This 
Old 04-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #182
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 584 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 177

Byrd
What a neat idea! LOL

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 04-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #183

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Last summer I spend three weeks living with a family in Germany, a beautiful little town called Moosburg. Among the sites we visited were Dachau and this little church from the year 1212. Needless to say Dachau was an interesting experience very strong feelings, which I expected. The little church however was a surprise, we entered and I just felt a wave if sadness come over me (like a funeral for a distant relative). In the far corner of the church I found a wall with the names of fallen soldiers from the Second World War, among them was a man with my family name.

Not saying it was anything "great" but it was one heck of a coincidence.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #184
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1441 Times on 771 Posts
Likes Given: 2399

Quote:
Originally Posted by thum1995 View Post
Last summer I spend three weeks living with a family in Germany, a beautiful little town called Moosburg. Among the sites we visited were Dachau and this little church from the year 1212. Needless to say Dachau was an interesting experience very strong feelings, which I expected. The little church however was a surprise, we entered and I just felt a wave if sadness come over me (like a funeral for a distant relative). In the far corner of the church I found a wall with the names of fallen soldiers from the Second World War, among them was a man with my family name.

Not saying it was anything "great" but it was one heck of a coincidence.
I've been to Dachau. Very sad place indeed.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #185
That didn't last long... Flyers during Shero's era!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1443 Times on 878 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Love old graveyards!

Driving through the country sometimes I will see little old ones on my way to here or there. I always make it a point to stop, pay my respects, and look around.
Me too. I was in Luxemborg on business and had to drive back to Frankfurt Germany. Stopped at a HUGE WW2 cemetery. We stopped to look around. You could see for a mile or more. The white cross headstones were EXACTLY in line even on the diagonals for as far as you could see in every direction. The grass looked like it had been mown with a pair of scissors, absolutely perfect. That's respect!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 3rd FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/3rd-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-12-13-2014-a-98426

Old 04-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #186

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Ok here we go I will try to tell one story i tripped me out.
--My Parent's house at one time had a battery powered doorbell. At the time when this happened, all of the batteries were out of everything to the doorbell.

One night my girlfriend and I rented a "scary" movie; turned out it was lame.http://www.ovguide.com/red-riding-hood-9202a8c04000641f800000000c5f5f86

We both are laying back in the basement w/ the lights out, watching this movie.

Out of nowhere the tv kicks off, and then doorbell starts ringing
a few seconds later the lights turn on, then the tv. then the lights kick off. door bell stopped when the lights went back off. Everything is now back to "normal"

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Old 04-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #187

Liked 366 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

I'm kinda the same about old battlefields.

Never really had a true "experience" at one, but got some really eerie feelings, especially at Vicksburg, Bastogne and Belleau Wood.. Feelings that were intense and lasted a week or more.
Try one of Hitler's camps. When I was young my father was station in Germany. We went to 2 different camps while we were there. Scary! You could feel the evil that had been done there. I was not even old enough (imo) to understand the whole situation or reason of the camps. But I understand now that what I felt was wrongful death and pain.

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

Old 04-29-2013, 03:32 AM   #188

Liked 153 Times on 90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgodd

Try one of Hitler's camps. When I was young my father was station in Germany. We went to 2 different camps while we were there. Scary! You could feel the evil that had been done there. I was not even old enough (imo) to understand the whole situation or reason of the camps. But I understand now that what I felt was wrongful death and pain.
I know that exact feeling!! I've visited 2 nazi concentration/death camps and have no desire to ever visit another. Yes, felt like the camps were soaked with evil and sadness beyond anything I've experienced before (even knowing its history). I guess what I'm trying to say is that I expected to just tour and experience these evil places, but I positively felt them in a very deep way. I'm not; by my own definition a heartfelt guy, but those places got to me...

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Old 04-29-2013, 03:46 AM   #189

Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Texswoodworker, I really appreciated your post concerning the Ghost smoking a pipe. I was afraid the Here After was a smoke free environmental safe area. They have Zippos in heaven, that is neat.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:19 AM   #190
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4722 Times on 2695 Posts
Likes Given: 3743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Me too. I was in Luxemborg on business and had to drive back to Frankfurt Germany. Stopped at a HUGE WW2 cemetery. We stopped to look around. You could see for a mile or more. The white cross headstones were EXACTLY in line even on the diagonals for as far as you could see in every direction. The grass looked like it had been mown with a pair of scissors, absolutely perfect. That's respect!

I think I visited that cemetery. If it's the one I'm thinking of, at Luxembourg city, George Patton is buried there.