"unexplained events" stories....... - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "unexplained events" stories.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ View Post

If anyone can follow this story logically in any way they are definitely in touch with "the other side" or something.
To understand dango you need to get inside his head...:O

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #152
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

This involved me but I didn't see it, but my Mom and my 2 sisters claim the day I had my fall down a mountainside in Alaska in 1977, they were backing out of our driveway and they saw me standing in the front window of our house.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 04-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #153
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7172 Times on 4316 Posts
Likes Given: 8745

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC167 View Post

No, thank you.
Balota Likes This 
Old 04-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #154
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC167 View Post

Going inside Dango's mind...

itsdangeousposter.jpg  

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Balota Likes This 
Old 04-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #155
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

A couple of decades ago, I lived in Indianapolis. One Christmas Eve, I flew my light plane, a Piper PA-28, to Evansville, In, to visit my foster father. It was dark when he drove me back to the little dirt strip airport to go home. The airport was closed, and there were no runway lights. I got lined up with the runway, used my landing light to head down the runway. A few seconds after I was airborne, suddenly all my inside and outside lights went out. My instrument lights went out, and my radio's were not working. My engine kept running, because it ran on a pair of magneto's instead of the main electrical system. I couldn't turn around and land with no runway lights and no landing light. So I picked out a road with headlights of cars shining, that I believed went in the general direction of Indianapolis and followed it. I could only guess my altitude, and was invisible to other aircraft. After a while, the road I was following ended, and all was dark except for the lights of a few small towns. I flew for what should have been long enough to go 150 miles and reach Indy (about an hour), but saw no airport. Then my engine started to sputter, so I switched to my other fuel tank and continued on. After what seemed like an eternity, I knew my other fuel tank was not going to last long. All at once on the horizon (I guess it was the horizon) in the pitch black there appeared what looked like the green and white rotating beacon of an airport. It was really strange, because it seemed to be extremely large, maybe 20 times normal size, as if to make sure I saw it. I headed toward it, and soon saw a pair of well lighted intersecting runways below me. So I went past the airport, then turned around to land. I hoped there was no other traffic, because they would not see nor hear me. Just as I started to turn onto final approach, my engine sputtered and died. My 2nd fuel tank was empty. I glided to the runway, and landed. I couldn't even get my engine started to taxi off the runway. So I got out of the plane, got my towbar out and walked to the parking area, pulling my plane behind. Then everything went wierd. I noticed that the airport was totally dark. It was about 2:00 a.m., and the airport, as it turned out closes at midnight. The runway lights and rotating beacon were dark. There were no lights in the office nor the maintenance facility. There was a sign on the building indicating that it was a little town in south central Illinois. There was a phone booth, so I called my brother to have him drive me home to Indy. I went back a week later to get my plane repaired and take it home. It had a short circuit in the cockpit lights that had caused the main breaker to trip. I still don't know it the airport lights had really been on or not. Some small airports have a radio-controlled lighting system so you can click the talk button on your mike to turn on the lights, but my radios were not functioning. Maybe there was another plane in the area that activated the lights. If so, he didn't land. Or maybe the Old Guy up there just needed me to hang around for awhile longer. I'll never know.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #156

Years ago, my wife and I were storing items and our dogs at her grandma's house. I stopped over there after work to let the dogs out. While the dogs were doing their thing I was using her grandpa's drill press, who's been decest for sometime.

So anyway, while I was using the drill. I had that feeling like someone was standing behind, my hairs standing up and everything. When I turned around to take a look there was nobody there. Without hesitation, I put the dogs away and left immediately.

Years later, my wife's family made the decision for grandma to live in a nursing home. We were cleaning and sorting stuff, when another experience happened.

We had an acquaintance there to help out with a cleaning/sorting. she was cleaning out one of the closets when she heard a voice behind her say "hey I know you". When she turned around, there was nobody there. She was pretty frecked out after that.

I know that my wife's cousin had an experience (visitation)with Grandpa shortly after he died, but don't recall all the details.

Jeremy

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

No, thank you.
Don't be scared winds...:-D

Jeremy

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #158
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5814 Times on 3288 Posts
Likes Given: 5280

This is a fairly common experience, I guess.

One of my first cousins awoke right at 3AM. She said there was a soft golden light on the bedroom. she tried to awaken her husband, but he wouldn't wake up.

She said that there was a bronze colored colored coffin right there at the foot of her bed. Her mother was laying in the coffin, looking very serene.

The light faded, and the room became dark again. She turned on the overhead light and this time was able to wake her husband. She was too upset to go back to sleep, so they went to the kitchen and made a pot of coffee.

At about 4AM, her younger brother called, and said, "Connie, momma had a heart attack about an hour go. We rushed her to the hospital but she was DOA."

I had heard similar stories numerous times over the years, but that was the first time it happened in my own family.

Winston Churchill

Old 04-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #159

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
This is a fairly common experience, I guess.

One of my first cousins awoke right at 3AM. She said there was a soft golden light on the bedroom. she tried to awaken her husband, but he wouldn't wake up.

She said that there was a bronze colored colored coffin right there at the foot of her bed. Her mother was laying in the coffin, looking very serene.

The light faded, and the room became dark again. She turned on the overhead light and this time was able to wake her husband. She was too upset to go back to sleep, so they went to the kitchen and made a pot of coffee.

At about 4AM, her younger brother called, and said, "Connie, momma had a heart attack about an hour go. We rushed her to the hospital but she was DOA."

I had heard similar stories numerous times over the years, but that was the first time it happened in my own family.
Thats a good one. My mother had a very similar experience the night her mom died. She said her mom came to her and sat down next to her in her bed, said she loved her and missed her, and kissed her forhead.

She woke up and said how odd it was that her forhead actually felt moist. A few hours later her dad called her and said her mom died in her sleep in the night.

This story was relayed to me a few weeks later. I was about 14 at the time.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

locutus Likes This 
Old 04-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #160

Liked 2470 Times on 1604 Posts

My grandma hears a "death knock" on her walls a day or two before someone dies that she is related to.

Feral cat waterboarder