"unexplained events" stories....... - Page 14
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "unexplained events" stories.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #131
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8505 Times on 5084 Posts
Likes Given: 11131

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
locutus: I've done a lot of reading about re-incarnation...IMO, there is a lot there we don't
understand. I, too have had some revelations that are not explained by conventional beliefs.
I believe my oldest son to be "an old soul".
People Like This 
Old 04-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #132
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 969 Times on 471 Posts
Likes Given: 569

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I believe my oldest son to be "an old soul".
I have a friend whom I believe is “an old soul.” The one who, some years back, began opening my eyes to the greater things of the universe.

Bless you that you recognize it in your son.
locutus Likes This 
Old 04-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #133
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7276 Times on 4022 Posts
Likes Given: 7057

This is going to sound a little weird, but here goes.

As far back as I can remember, perhaps when I was around three or four, I had the same dream once or twice per week for a couple of years. The SAME dream. (And BTW my folks had never taken me to a movie at that time)

I was an adult, sitting on a horse on top of a small hill. I was dressed in a red jacket and white sun helmet (I didn't know it was a sun helmet at the time)

All around me, at the bottom of the hill, men dressed like me were fighting and dying in battle with people dressed in rags and turbans. (I didn't know what a turban was either)

The strangest thing about the dream was a crushing feeling of guilt, because it was my fault those people dressed in the red coats were dying. I wanted to die myself because the guilt was so overwhelming. Then I'd wake up, sweating.

(what the hell does a 4 year old know about guilt??)

8-10 years later, I saw a movie about a war in in India between the rebels and Brits, and about 75 percent of my dream was right there on the screen.

Many years later, a person who claims to be knowledgeable in psychic phenomena told me that I had been a British officer in in India in a previous life and was probably killed in that battle.

I dunno!

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

People Like This 
Old 04-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #134

Liked 1727 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Back in the 60s I had several experiences that I can't explain......

Other than that, I don't think that the supernatural believes in me.

Carl Sagan
Balota Likes This 
Old 04-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #135
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
This is going to sound a little weird, but here goes.

As far back as I can remember, perhaps when I was around three or four, I had the same dream once or twice per week for a couple of years. The SAME dream. (And BTW my folks had never taken me to a movie at that time)

I was an adult, sitting on a horse on top of a small hill. I was dressed in a red jacket and white sun helmet (I didn't know it was a sun helmet at the time)

All around me, at the bottom of the hill, men dressed like me were fighting and dying in battle with people dressed in rags and turbans. (I didn't know what a turban was either)

The strangest thing about the dream was a crushing feeling of guilt, because it was my fault those people dressed in the red coats were dying. I wanted to die myself because the guilt was so overwhelming. Then I'd wake up, sweating.

(what the hell does a 4 year old know about guilt??)

8-10 years later, I saw a movie about a war in in India between the rebels and Brits, and about 75 percent of my dream was right there on the screen.

Many years later, a person who claims to be knowledgeable in psychic phenomena told me that I had been a British officer in in India in a previous life and was probably killed in that battle.

I dunno!

I've read that young children can be more in touch with the Other Side
for several reasons. First of all, their minds are young and open to all
possibilities. No prejudices of 'reality' have been programmed.
Second, the Soul, or Spirit, that has just entered their body is just coming
from the Other Side and memories of past lives are still fresh.

We, as adults, are quick to disregard what a three or four year old says..
and call it 'imagination.' But if we really listened...

What if they really do talk to Angels? When little children have imaginary playmates,
just maybe they really are there...for the child. When they have nightmares at night
who is to says what they 'dream?' Could it be wisps of memories of experiences
lived in other lives?

We adults, of course, soothe them by telling them 'it was a bad dream.'
That it's 'just their imagination.'

Locutus, I would say it's quite likely that what you experienced as a child was
memories of a past life. And that this event was traumatic is why it
was remembered by your Soul in this life. To have had this memory...and remember it
all your life, should be considered a special gift that connects you with your past.

But then...I'm probably not saying anything you don't already know.

ellis
locutus Likes This 
Old 04-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #136

Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango
Well , today I received a package , via UPS..! I have been waiting some 6+months and a little impatient..! Written on all side , (THIS SIDE UP).!

Well after a test of patients , 6+months , and feeling all rebellious and all , I did so willing turn all (this side up,s) facing down..! Yeap , take that whom ever..!

As I proceeded to open this (box) in this most un appropriate manner , the theme song from (StarTek) started playing in the back round....! Eeeek.!
Pulling the first flap of the box , the music intensified ..! Eeeek..! I slammed it home , the music subsided..! Hmmm..? .....! Again , I grasp the box and again ,
The music had started with "audible" narrative , (This is James T Kirk the captain of the starship enterprise)...I slammed it home....Eeek..!

Wow , is only a box Dango ..? Surely , you are the man..! I again grasp the box ,
Grasp the second flap and again the music with narrative started..! Ekk.!

Talkin about weird..? Eeek..! This calls for some other form of .....? Dear , oh wifey , ..! We sit here and I tell her of what just happened and she glares at me with that , you know ,(look)..! Eek..! She grasps the box , turns it up right and proceeds to open it and hands me it,s contents , no music , no narrative , NADDA...!

I guess there is some thing in that (This Side Up)crap...! Eeeeek..!
If anyone can follow this story logically in any way they are definitely in touch with "the other side" or something.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 04-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #137
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ View Post
If anyone can follow this story logically in any way they are definitely in touch with "the other side" or something.
I understood his story!

Old 04-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #138
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8505 Times on 5084 Posts
Likes Given: 11131

Quote:
I have a friend whom I believe is “an old soul.” The one who, some years back, began opening my eyes to the greater things of the universe.

Bless you that you recognize it in your son.
My oldest was a very content baby, a quiet, thoughtful child and now a 'presence' of a man. Not in a physical, confrontational sort of way but if you ever met him, you would see he is 'different' than most. He has always been wise beyond his years.
People Like This 
Old 04-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #139
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 357 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 119

In 1982, I took a nasty fall off a ladder and was hospitalized. I was put in a room with a fella named Charles. Charles had been there a couple days already with an issue with his heart. We spoke about our love of the outdoors and told each other a lot of our lives over the following couple of days. Two days later, I went in to surgery for some disc repair on my back and upon waking up, Charles was sitting in a chair next to me at my side. He was dressed in his clothes and telling me he was going home. I complimented him on his Filson hat saying it had been a long time since I'd seen anyone wear one of those and how much I had enjoyed meeting/talking with him. We spoke briefly and he shook my hand saying he had folks waiting to take him home. I wished him well and he left. I fell back to sleep and when I woke, my wife and nurse were there. I told them about waking up to seeing Charles and him saying goodbye and about his cool old Filson hat. The nurse looked puzzled as well as my wife. It was then they told me that Charles had suffered a blood clot less than a half hour after I had went into surgery and passed away. What was more strange was I had completely described what Charles had worn to the hospital in detail without even seeing him in anything but a hospital gown when I arrived. Some things are hard to explain but, I will always feel that Charles came to me on his way "Home" to say goodbye.

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977
People Like This 
Old 04-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #140
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7276 Times on 4022 Posts
Likes Given: 7057

Quote:
I've read that young children can be more in touch with the Other Side
for several reasons. First of all, their minds are young and open to all
possibilities. No prejudices of 'reality' have been programmed.
Second, the Soul, or Spirit, that has just entered their body is just coming
from the Other Side and memories of past lives are still fresh.

We, as adults, are quick to disregard what a three or four year old says..
and call it 'imagination.' But if we really listened...

What if they really do talk to Angels? When little children have imaginary playmates,
just maybe they really are there...for the child. When they have nightmares at night
who is to says what they 'dream?' Could it be wisps of memories of experiences
lived in other lives?

We adults, of course, soothe them by telling them 'it was a bad dream.'
That it's 'just their imagination.'

Locutus, I would say it's quite likely that what you experienced as a child was
memories of a past life. And that this event was traumatic is why it
was remembered by your Soul in this life. To have had this memory...and remember it
all your life, should be considered a special gift that connects you with your past.

But then...I'm probably not saying anything you don't already know.

ellis

When I was a rookie, my partner and I were dispatched to a domestic disturbance. we arrived to find a man lying uncvonsacious on the floor, and a woman who had been beated severly standing over him. A seven y.o. girl was crying beside cthe woman.

We called an ambulance to take the man to the emergency room and started interviewing.

the child told me that her "daddy" actually her stepfather, had "beat up mommy, and said he was going to kill me."

I asked what happened and she told me that the "the soldier" had pushed "daddy" and he fell down.

I asked who the "soldier" was and she said mommy didn';t allow her to talk about him. I finally convinced her it was okay to tell a policeman. Se said that whenever she was sad the soldier would come and hold her hand, and make her feel happy, but nobody else could see him. Her mommy would not allow her to talk about the soldier.

My partner interviewed the mother and learned that the child's bio-father was in the army and was killed in Vietnam before the child was born.

As we were about to leave, the .little girl came to me and whispered,

"Mommy won't let me ask her about my soldier. Do you think he's an angel?"

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

People Like This