"unexplained events" stories....... - Page 13
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

"unexplained events" stories.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #121
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2907 Times on 1893 Posts

The winds of change blew my way and prompted me to resurrect this thread.

I was listening to rush during my short drive to work today. He had a guest on the show that worked security at the Olympics in salt lake city. They were discussing security at the Boston marathon, and both were reinforcing the concept of situational awareness.

Half an hour later I'm at work, and was waiting for a couple guys to do their job, so I could do mine. I was talking to another coworker while waiting, and he mentioned I should join the local fire department so I could save a life. I told him situational awareness is what is needed, like I have told him many times before hearing rush blab about it. Then I told him that a citizen is the one that caught suspect in Boston, and anyone can save a life anywhere, anytime.

Two minutes later a newbie is running an overhead crane. He was lifting an eight ton piece of machinery out of my way, which he did safely. I did what I was there to do, then stood back out of the way while the newbie and another guy were working on a different piece of equipment.

The newbie was running an impact, and pulled on the air line, which pulled on a small piece of equipment, which activated the remote he just set down for the crane. I looked up to see the 8 ton piece of equipment head right for them. All I could do was yell whoa whoa whoa. The newbie just stood there while the other guy scrambled, but he did turn to see I was yelling about. When he turned around it let some slack out of the air line, releasing pressure on the remote's button. This happened just in time because the eight ton piece of equipment stopped swinging less than a foot from them. It would have pinched their heads, most likely killing them. Maybe coincidence, but I think not.
People Like This 
Old 04-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #122
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2907 Times on 1893 Posts

Same dude just dropped a very large piece of equipment today. It damaged a semi trailer enough it had to be repaired to make it roadworthy. -Eek-
Old 04-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #123
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4449 Times on 2467 Posts
Likes Given: 22407

Well , today I received a package , via UPS..! I have been waiting some 6+months and a little impatient..! Written on all side , (THIS SIDE UP).!

Well after a test of patients , 6+months , and feeling all rebellious and all , I did so willing turn all (this side up,s) facing down..! Yeap , take that whom ever..!

As I proceeded to open this (box) in this most un appropriate manner , the theme song from (StarTek) started playing in the back round....! Eeeek.!
Pulling the first flap of the box , the music intensified ..! Eeeek..! I slammed it home , the music subsided..! Hmmm..? .....! Again , I grasp the box and again ,
The music had started with "audible" narrative , (This is James T Kirk the captain of the starship enterprise)...I slammed it home....Eeek..!

Wow , is only a box Dango ..? Surely , you are the man..! I again grasp the box ,
Grasp the second flap and again the music with narrative started..! Ekk.!

Talkin about weird..? Eeek..! This calls for some other form of .....? Dear , oh wifey , ..! We sit here and I tell her of what just happened and she glares at me with that , you know ,(look)..! Eek..! She grasps the box , turns it up right and proceeds to open it and hands me it,s contents , no music , no narrative , NADDA...!

I guess there is some thing in that (This Side Up)crap...! Eeeeek..!

Old 04-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #124

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Used to work 3rd shift security at a mall in central Ohio.

Was making my rounds one night when I passed by a storage area that is SUPPOSED to be locked. It wasnt terribly uncommin for the door to be ajar as several tenants kept stock in this area (former store that was converted to storage).

As I walked over to the door to look inside and hear someone cough. I was a little surprised as there was no one in the building that was authorised (two hours after close everyone had to sign in with security or be considered a trespasser). So I called out to whomever was inside but got no reply.

I walk in further, turn on the lights, and realize only one of the segregated storage areas within this area was open. It just happened to be the biggest of the segregated storage areas. I move towards it and hear another cough, this time closer. I call out again from the segregated areas door. No answer.

So I walk inside the segregated storage room and see no one. Off to my left is an old set of changing rooms from when this space was a store. Im certain it must be aomeone in the changing room so I walk over to it.

No one was inside.

I research the entire storage area and find no one nor do I hear any more coughing.

It was not the first time something odd had happened, but it was the first time I had ever heard someone that wasnt there. Previous experiences usually involved peek-a-boo with black shadows out of the corner of your eye when walking down long back-door hallways or in the dispatch office. Key-pad locking doors would on occasion be found open when just a few moments you walked past it and it was secured, even though no one else is on the property.

There has been several deaths on the property including a few suicides, but I would never have guessed it might be haunted before working there.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Last edited by BigByrd47119; 04-19-2013 at 05:09 PM.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 04-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #125
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8010 Times on 4382 Posts
Likes Given: 7760

I had been in the squad room for a couple of hours writing reports and going over reports from a couple of my officers who were "report writing challenged."

I'd been monitoring a situation on the radio where one of my men made a single handed collar of an armed robber at a convenience store.

The same officer came into the squad room, still shaking a bit, squeezed my shoulder tightly, and said "thank God you were there Sarge. If you hadn't been there with that shotgun, I really believe that puke would have shot it out with me." He put that info in his report.

I was never out of the squad room the entire time! No other officers responded until the incident was over.

Or at least they did before political correctness

Old 04-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #126

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I had been in the squad room for a couple of hours writing reports and going over reports from a couple of my officers who were "report writing challenged."

I'd been monitoring a situation on the radio where one of my men made a single handed collar of an armed robber at a convenience store.

The same officer came into the squad room, still shaking a bit, squeezed my shoulder tightly, and said "thank God you were there Sarge. If you hadn't been there with that shotgun, I really believe that puke would have shot it out with me." He put that info in his report.

I was never out of the squad room the entire time! No other officers responded until the incident was over.
Eww thats no fun (report RE-writing!).

Was he being sarcastic?

Wonder what the suspect saw or didnt see?

Reminds me of Dale Jr.s crash a few years ago when he said he felt someone pull him out of his burning car even though video footage shows no one helped him out of it?!?

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 04-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #127
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Eww thats no fun (report RE-writing!).

Was he being sarcastic?

Wonder what the suspect saw or didnt see?

Reminds me of Dale Jr.s crash a few years ago when he said he felt someone pull him out of his burning car even though video footage shows no one helped him out of it?!?
Really strange. He wasn't being sarcastic. He was pretty rattled. I checked with the Highway Patrol and the Sheriff and none of their folks were there.

BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 04-20-2013, 01:38 AM   #128
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4463 Times on 2482 Posts
Likes Given: 194

I don't know if this counts but it seemed really strange to me.

My little brother is serving a LDS Mission in New Hampshire, he left the last week of January and will be gone for two years. We can e-mail him and write him letters and get to talk to him on the phone twice a year. That's normal... But I have a little niece who is almost three, my brother wasn't her favorite person; if there was someone else around she would much rather be with them than with my younger brother, she never liked letting him hold her or anything, she didn't really cry but given the option she would rather not be around him. Until about two weeks before he left, then he was the only person she wanted to hold her. I was standing in the kitchen the day before he left, holding her and he walked in and she immediately reached for him. It was like she new he was leaving.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
locutus Likes This 
Old 04-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #129
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I don't know if this counts but it seemed really strange to me.

My little brother is serving a LDS Mission in New Hampshire, he left the last week of January and will be gone for two years. We can e-mail him and write him letters and get to talk to him on the phone twice a year. That's normal... But I have a little niece who is almost three, my brother wasn't her favorite person; if there was someone else around she would much rather be with them than with my younger brother, she never liked letting him hold her or anything, she didn't really cry but given the option she would rather not be around him. Until about two weeks before he left, then he was the only person she wanted to hold her. I was standing in the kitchen the day before he left, holding her and he walked in and she immediately reached for him. It was like she new he was leaving.

Children can sense many things that adults can't.

I once attended a lecture on psychic phenomena put on by a Tibetan Buddhist monk. (a Rinpoche, or recognized re-incarnation) I've never believed in that stuff, but I thought it might be fun to hear what he had to say.

According to this guy, everyone is born with full psychic ability, and ability to remember previous life times, but western cultures trains it out if us in early childhood.

The lecture prompted my to so some reading on psychic beliefs like re-incarnation. I then began to understand some recurring dreams that I had in early childhood.

I'm not saying that I actually believe in re-incarnation, but I no longer automatically dismiss it as fantasy.

BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 04-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #130
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1050 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 653

In 2001 I retired, and that summer I was on-site where I was having my
house and barn built. One afternoon, after the workers had gone home I was
just looking around...planning things, etc.
There was a back-hoe sitting there...the kind with a blade on one end and a bucket
on the other. On impulse I decided to get up on the back-hoe to get a better view.
Instead of climbing up the steps, I just stepped up on the top of the blade and from there
I put my foot on one of the tire treads and shoved off, intending to jump up and grab ahold of
the roof support and pull myself up. But my hand just brushed the support, leaving me with
one foot on the side of the tire and my body hanging out in the air above the blade.
It seemed like time stopped...I looked down over my right shoulder and saw the blade
under me and I remember thinking "This is really going to hurt! And just as I'm retiring."

And then I found myself sitting in the seat of the back-hoe. With no memory of how I got there.

A true story, as God is my witness.

ellis

locutus: I've done a lot of reading about re-incarnation...IMO, there is a lot there we don't
understand. I, too have had some revelations that are not explained by conventional beliefs.
People Like This