"unexplained events" stories.......
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "unexplained events" stories.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8591

Default "unexplained events" stories.......

Another thread prompted me to start this thread.

Have any of you experienced any unexplained events in your home, workplace, property, etc? Strange voices, footsteps, weird happenings? If so, I'd love to hear your stories.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #2

Liked 87 Times on 57 Posts

I used to work 2nd shift, one day as I was just waking up I heard the back door to our house open. I get up to look and the door was open a few inches and had hit a dresser my wife had sitting in front of it. I just thought that many wife had opened out the night before to let a breeze in and had forgot to shut it so I went back and got back into bed. About 2minutes later I hear something again and get up to check and the door it's now shut. To this day I believe someone tried to get into the house.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #3

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Another thread prompted me to start this thread.

Have any of you experienced any unexplained events in your home, workplace, property, etc? Strange voices, footsteps, weird happenings? If so, I'd love to hear your stories.
Every time I log onto FTF!

My Grandparents house in NH was built in the 1790's...

I saw a rocking chair rock...with nobody in it...

There was a passthrough/attic/storage place between upstairs bedrooms that was ALWAYS cold, even in the summer...

Voices??? I thought everyone heard voices!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 09-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #4

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

You mean I'm not the only one that hears voices Sweet! Maybe now I can get off of those happy pills.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

People Like This 
Old 09-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #5

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Absolutely not I am normal it is all you mental deranged people who see things, and hear voices.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8828 Times on 3821 Posts
Likes Given: 1365

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to ME !!!

We had a secretary complain someone was fooling with her programmable IBM typewriter over weekends, because documents she had stored there were being deleted over the weekends, not overnight.

The typewriter had a rechargeable battery, getting old- would hold charge overnight, but not thru weekend.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I've got two.

1. I have never had the privilege of meeting my great grandfather. From the stories I have heard though, he was one hell of a man.
Anyways, he smoked a pipe, and if you have ever smelled pipe smoke, you know it is different from regular cigars, and cigarettes. My Grandma told me one day the he occasionally check up on her and Grandpa (also, their house is built directly on top of where my great grandparent's house used to be). She could tell that it was him because she would smell pipe smoke, even know nobody within a few MILES of her house even smoked. Well one night while I was at my grandparent's house, he visited me too. Sure enough, I smelled pipe smoke. I always thought that was awesome.

2. One day I was sitting on the couch watching TV, and all of a sudden I heard this very loud BANG. It scared the crap out of me. i grabbed a knife (didn't have a gun at the time), and went to see what it was. I searched the entire house and couldn't find anything. Finally I checked my bathroom, and somehow a bottle of shampoo fell off the shelf. It hadn't been touched in several hours, so there is no explanation as to why it fell.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #8

Liked 2480 Times on 1418 Posts
Likes Given: 1939

I just visited my cousin.

I slept in the room my

favorite aunt used before she

passed on, a couple years ago,

God bless her.

She was only there a couple years, and it was a

different bed, but I had unusual dreams

while I was there. Nothing threatening, she

was a placid soul. And the bedroom door kept

opening and closing by itself. I also got a

couple strange hunches, ideas which would never

occur to me, under normal circumstances. Can't really

explain any of it away, though.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #9

Liked 1978 Times on 1255 Posts
Likes Given: 1078

Not unexplained, just odd - back in the early '70s, I was driving on a 2 lane highway in upper rural Maryland. My wife in the front, another couple in the back. Wifey was turned around in the seat talking, so she couldn't see.
We hit a good long straight section through some pastureland. I noticed a bright light off to the left in the field ahead. As I kept lookingback and forth between the the road and the light, it appeared that the light was coming towards the road!
I was pretty flabbergasted at this point and kept watching the light, too stunned to say anything to the others.
As I was moving along, I realized that the light was rolling along a barbed wire fence that was perpendicular to the road, and that I was going to meet it when I got to the fence/highway junction.
Well, the fence ended about ten feet from the road, and as I got nearer (I never slowed down, I was just to entranced) I thought "We're going to hit!", but the ball got to the end of the fence line, and just went "poof". It was gone.
I realized that I had just seen ball lightning.
Absolutly freaked out, I finally spoke out, "Did you guys see that?", of course no one else did.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #10

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Two days ago my wife and I were at the grocery store and she was looking at birthday cards. I came around and down her aisle and was looking at some magazines.
Suddenly I hear my wife call my name and asked if I just hugged her twice. She thought I had came behide her then walked past her.
I didn't know what she was talking about at first but could tell by her look and her frozen stance that she had just figured out it wasn't me.