Undoing some of the damage I have done.... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Undoing some of the damage I have done....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #21
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7151 Times on 4304 Posts
Likes Given: 8684

The little one will get it without a scope for a while.

dango Likes This 
Old 04-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 973 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 1255

Peep sight is the best to start a new shooter kids especially. It's easier for them to grasp the dynamics of sighting. Buckhorns next will be a breeze to master.

You're doing great things Winds!

Become steel or get cut.
dango Likes This 
Old 04-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Good for you. I bet the little one will have lots of fun!

Old 04-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #24

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

Congrats! I fully support educating kids at a young age about responsible use of firearms and, if they want to, letting them practice (under careful supervision & instruction, of course). Hell, it may just save them from growing into brainwashed liberals haha :P

I wish my Dad had been around to get me active at a younger age.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:23 AM   #25

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The last time I visited my son in Virginia I carried my Glock21. When I got there I proceeded to unload and secure my firearm in a portable safe. My 5 year old grandson watched me do this and said that his mom would be angry at me for bringing a gun. I proceeded to tell him that his mom knew about my gun and that it was not a problem. We did not discuss it further but my son is active military, special operations. He is intimate with firearms. My daughter-in-law's father and one of her brothers are LEO's. She grew up aware of firearms and I know that she does not object to me carrying. I cannot wait for the time that I am able to introduce my grandkids to the shooting sports, however, I do not know what they are being taught in school and at home. I just hope that they have not had their minds poisoned in this regard.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #26
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 963 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Damage? Because you taught some tradition, you yourself was no doubt taught by your parents, that is not damage because they choose to be true to your original core belief.

Great that you have choosen to now embrace firearms, but cut the kids some slack, they will more than likely do just fine as you raised them to be.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #27
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7151 Times on 4304 Posts
Likes Given: 8684

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Damage? Because you taught some tradition, you yourself was no doubt taught by your parents, that is not damage because they choose to be true to your original core belief.

Great that you have choosen to now embrace firearms, but cut the kids some slack, they will more than likely do just fine as you raised them to be.
Believe me, I am not angry at my kids at all. I am simply trying to teach them firearms can be a positive factor in our lives, unlike what I taught them. There is 'no slack to be cut'. I know my kids only know what they have been taught. As for me, my parents neither taught me to like or dislike firearms. It just never was discussed and was never an item of discussion in my house. Like I said, I just never knew better.
dango Likes This 
Old 04-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3215 Times on 1823 Posts
Likes Given: 18550

Yo Winds O Cha Cha Cha Change , axed ma wife bout that deer hunting with. Your lovely single daughter.......... , wife says nope..!. As far as correcting past damages , I,m not quite done doing damage just yet..!

Old 04-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #29

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Glad to see someone change their ways!

Firearms are a wonderful hobby, when you open up to it. I consider it somewhat of an "art". There are infinite possibilities, any part of a firearm can be made from different things, there are tons of different ammo types, there isn't a limit to what you can do!

Old 04-13-2013, 01:17 AM   #30

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

There is something to be said for the fact that they would've made their own choices either way.

My Father took his life with a firearm when I was 9. Most everyone expected me to be terrified of them, but in a way I knew the THING was not evil, it would not have saved him by not being there...it's just a thing, and it was my Father's actions that took him. They just never intertwined for me.

Instead of hating weapons, or even remaining complacent, I've eagerly welcomed all chances to learn about them, and finding out that when you use common sense with archery, hand to hand combat, knives, or firearms, they're more than protection, they're damn fun & can be very healthy hobbies.

Point of this ramble is: often there is no accounting for aspects of somebody's future self. Most of life defies logic & reason anyway :P

Damn, I gotta get some sleep before I do this twice