Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Under Fire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default Under Fire

Came across this just a few minutes ago. TV show on TRU TV, 246 on Direct Tv. 'Wildest Police Shoot-outs'. Damn! Truth be known, I have a love-hate relationship with peace officers. A real paradox of life experience. The only thing I have NEVER questioned about cops and their jobs. Brave som-ina-botches.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

You have never seen those before? Those shows are on all the time and usually quite good, except for the parts where a cop actually gets hit, those suck.

I love the shoot out with the Keho Brothers in Idaho I think it is, the gun unloads on this dude his entire magazine in his S & W from about 15 feet and only hits the guy once or twice. The guy had a bullet proof vest on and he got away, but the cops reaction time was quick as sh!t....

JD

Old 02-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
You have never seen those before? Those shows are on all the time and usually quite good, except for the parts where a cop actually gets hit, those suck.

I love the shoot out with the Keho Brothers in Idaho I think it is, the gun unloads on this dude his entire magazine in his S & W from about 15 feet and only hits the guy once or twice. The guy had a bullet proof vest on and he got away, but the cops reaction time was quick as sh!t....

JD
I got laid off 'bout a month ago, so the tele is on more than usual.

As for the Keho bros, I believe that is in Worthington, Ohio (nice 'burb of Columbus) with State Highway Patrol. My heart jumped when I first saw that. How neither of them (BG and Officer) weren't dropped on site...unreal. Just goes to show how running and heeling may not ensure a kill shot.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post

As for the Keho bros, I believe that is in Worthington, Ohio (nice 'burb of Columbus) with State Highway Patrol.
Yeah, you may be right, I think they were from Idaho, not getting pulled over there.

If you can find any of the episodes, the Discovery channel did a computer animation and live footage combination show called "Shoot Out" and the one from the North Hollywood Bank Robbery is really well done.

They use CSI like graphics and show bullet paths, angles of fire and all sorts of cool stuff. It was really well done. Check it out if you can find it. Maybe "On Demand" might have it....

Old 02-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #5

Thanks, JD. I love that kinda crap.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:08 AM   #6

I guess it was the History Channel - I think this is the episode that I am talking about.....

You might be able to find it for download on NetFlix or something...

JD

Old 02-26-2009, 12:23 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2555 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 192

I see that stuff and my BP and pulse go through the roof. I really have to walk away before I stroke out.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I see that stuff and my BP and pulse go through the roof. I really have to walk away before I stroke out.
But, in that tragedy a lot of tactics were changed and now the police are better trained, better armed and better equipped should it happen again.

From the losses, a great step forward was made and made it that much harder for the bad guys the next time.

Besides, you weren't there brother - or the body count would have been 2 - 0 for the good guys, of that I have no doubt.

JD