Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Uncle Lee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Uncle Lee

Wow I never realized but my entire family on my mother's side all carry weapons.

My 70 something old Uncle who was in the hospital has a Mossberg 12 Gauge loaded...an SKS Rifle....a .380 pistol...and a .22 revolver or pistol.

The rest of my family have right to carry....even one who is in a wheel chair.

And then another Uncle found out I'm collecting guns...and has offered to give me one of my I think...Great Great Uncles Single Shot 12 gauge from the early 1900s....and then a .410 gauge shotgun.

Don't mess with my family is what I think.

Anyway my uncle is doing fine who is in the hospital. He's probably not long for this world but he's lived a good life. I'm not sad he's going and not glad either. I look at him and know that there is no reason to shed tears for a man as great as him who stayed with his wife to the bitter end. Dime a dozen these days.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2009, 05:41 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I met my brother-in-law's grandfather for the first time not long after 9/11.

He was in his 80's, and had been in a wheelchair since he was a child because of polio. He was wanting to sett up a local militia (for lack of a better word, I hate how its been preverted by a few wackos) because of the terrorist attacks. He even had design idea for a mounting platform to put an AR15 on his wheelchair.

You just gotta love old guys.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill