Ultimatum - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ultimatum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 04:17 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Mine keep leaving me because of my job and because I ship out... But so far I have my looks (at 31, maybe not much longer ), so I'm not complaining, more fun for me!

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 05-01-2012, 05:10 AM   #62

Liked 4708 Times on 2276 Posts
Likes Given: 1437

Going on 21 years now. About year 5 I brought home my first handgun. The wife looked quizzically at the blue plastic tote and asked, what's that?

I popped it open to reveal a Colt 1911 and to my shock she took 1 look at it and flatly stated, "I'm NOT having a handgun in MY HOME!"

To which I replied, "your mother is 2 hours south, have a nice trip!"

She went to the bedroom, slammed the door, came out 2 hours later, and never brought it up again. Later she appologized about acting stupid considering she was married to an Infantry soldier and living on a Military base.

Tack

Old 05-01-2012, 06:55 AM   #63
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8103 Times on 4679 Posts
Likes Given: 10457

Hell, my wife bitches about how I wash the dishes these days. Too many other things for her to complain about for her to put up an ultimatum over the guns (some of which were given to me by her father). That having been said I am not giving up on her or the guns. Work out the problems and move on. More working than moving at this stage (20 years married here. Still the first wife

OK, how many years have you been married? For me it has been 8 wonderful years, 20 all together.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #64

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Been together with #2 since 1998, married in 2005. Getting better all the time. She's my partner in crime. We're both divorced and had a lot of baggage to shed during the first year together. '98 was one helluva year, all right! It was a long test drive, but worth every minute. I see this one going until one of us ends up taking a dirt nap.

And mine bitches about how I hang up the towels. She's a bit OC and we get into it all of the time. It's basically good natured bitching and I respond accordingly smart alecky, but I know she's somewhat serious. I'll never change though and she knows it. She has to break my stones and I know it. It's all good.

Still, she tells me occassionally how she cannot understand how her other female acquaintences stand their husbands. I do plenty around the house without being asked and things like dinner are usually a joint operation. The other women she knows bitch how their husbands don't do anything but go to work and not much else. It's nice to hear the appreciation and she's told me on more than one occassion how jealous her friends are of her when she relates all of the stuff we do together, trivial and more. My ex only stressed what I didn't do and to hell with what I did.

I do have to relate this story to y'all since we're on the subject of wives and marriage. When we finally realized this, it was several years into our relationship. Actually it's kinda spooky if you think about it, especially considering we came from two totally separate worlds.

First marriages:
Me, September 23, 1983
Her, September 23, 1983

Separated:
Me, 1997
Her, 1997

Reason for marriage ending:
Me, bad relationship. No cheating
Her, bad relationship. No cheating

Birthdays:
My ex, November 26, 1961
Hers, November 25, 1960

Me: May 4, 1956
Her ex, May 16, 1956

See what I mean?

Last edited by wjnfirearms; 05-01-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #65
fev

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My ex had no intrest in my guns or going out and shooting, she new i had some and told me just keep them out of sight. Even tried to get her to go and just watch but that was even a no go. Well one day i had my gun safe open she walked by and glanced over and said were did them all come from? Told her i bought a few here & there, she started to balk but reminded her of all the nic nacs & antiques she had brought home she agreed it was all good just keep the guns out of sight, Agreed. Now jump down the road when she decides she wants out ( guess a retired leo 30 yrs her senior was more appealing), there is a sudden spark in my arsonel, think she deserves half of them, i did'nt want any of her collectables or antiques and she wasn't about to give them up. Well to end this story i gave everything except my guns,safe & the house which now i'll be paying for along time now. But its mine and the kids consider this HOME not her apartment. So i'd have to say i'd keep my guns first, selfish? Maybe but it keeps happy knowing what i still have.
Epilogue: I still have my koozie that i received as a gift from a buddy that says " I still miss my ex wife, but my aim is getting better".

Old 05-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #66

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjnfirearms View Post
Been together with #2 since 1998, married in 2005. Getting better all the time. She's my partner in crime. We're both divorced and had a lot of baggage to shed during the first year together. '98 was one helluva year, all right! It was a long test drive, but worth every minute. I see this one going until one of us ends up taking a dirt nap.

And mine bitches about how I hang up the towels. She's a bit OC and we get into it all of the time. It's basically good natured bitching and I respond accordingly smart alecky, but I know she's somewhat serious. I'll never change though and she knows it. She has to break my stones and I know it. It's all good.

Still, she tells me occassionally how she cannot understand how her other female acquaintences stand their husbands. I do plenty around the house without being asked and things like dinner are usually a joint operation. The other women she knows bitch how their husbands don't do anything but go to work and not much else. It's nice to hear the appreciation and she's told me on more than one occassion how jealous her friends are of her when she relates all of the stuff we do together, trivial and more. My ex only stressed what I didn't do and to hell with what I did.

I do have to relate this story to y'all since we're on the subject of wives and marriage. When we finally realized this, it was several years into our relationship. Actually it's kinda spooky if you think about it, especially considering we came from two totally separate worlds.

First marriages:
Me, September 23, 1983
Her, September 23, 1983

Separated:
Me, 1997
Her, 1997

Reason for marriage ending:
Me, bad relationship. No cheating
Her, bad relationship. No cheating

Birthdays:
My ex, November 26, 1961
Hers, November 25, 1960

Me: May 4, 1956
Her ex, May 16, 1956

See what I mean?
Those sound like some lottery numbers to me!

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #67
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1552 Times on 950 Posts
Likes Given: 7926

Interesting stats WJN.

I have had to make that choice. Wife #1 gave me the ultimatum of " It's ME or THAT BIKE! Your choice!" She also pulled the same with my guns. Both times my reply was the same, " What's that thing that you enter the house through called?" Her reply " A door azzhole." To which the only thing I said to her was, " Don't let it hit you on the way out."

I have had some of the guns in my collection since I was 12, and have ridden motorcycles since I was 6 ( my first was a YZ 50 while dad was stationed in twenty-nine palms). She KNEW that riding and shooting sports were a big part of my life, and she enjoyed the wild game that I brought home from hunting trips, yet she still wished to make me decide. Three months after the "conversation" about the bike I came home from work early and caught her in bed with someone else. Good thing for both of us I wasn't carrying that night. She moved out shortly therafter. I sold most of our vehicles, the house, and most of my personal belongings, swallowed A LOT of pride, and moved back in with my parents to get back on my feet again. The only things I had at that point were my guns, my dog, my books, and the clothes on my back. She moved in with the guy she was messing around with, married him, and has since divorced him, and is now an unemployed single mother, raising 2 kids. Ahh, Karma!

I have been with wife #2 for 10 years now, and never once has she given me an ultimatum. She was curious about the guns at first, and it only took one trip to the range to get her hooked. My step-daughter competes in a trap league regularly, and my wife is my hunting partner. The only time I ever hear a complaint about a new gun is if I don't bring home enough ammo along with it. I will not lie and say that all is perfect, nothing ever is. We are all three working through a rough patch that we ALL caused, but it is not beyond repair. If we can keep up the effort we all are puting in now, the family will be stonger for it. Only time will tell.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?