UFC 148, First death in the Octagon? - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

UFC 148, First death in the Octagon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 04:35 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

And OF COURSE Anderson Silva shut his face up, maybe he'll stop talking now but I doubt it. TKO Second round.

And look at that class from Anderson Silva, invited him over for a dinner at his house....Chael could learn some things from people that "Brazilian kids that play in the mudd" as Chael put it and insulting Anderson's wife and country and the man still showed him courtesy.
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Last edited by Wiebelhaus; 07-08-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:46 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Well that sucked... I think he got lucky when Sonnen slipped and fell. I think we would have seen a repeat of the first fight..

Seems like everytime I pay for a fight it doesnt make more than one or two rounds in the main and it really pisses me off for $55 bucks That could have been a box of 500 40cal bullets
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 07-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmboyz
Well that sucked... I think he got lucky when Sonnen slipped and fell. I think we would have seen a repeat of the first fight..

Seems like everytime I pay for a fight it doesnt make more than one or two rounds in the main and it really pisses me off for $55 bucks That could have been a box of 500 40cal bullets
I don't know why the hell Sonnen didn't get up right away when he slipped. Glad Ortiz lost though. What the heck was Forrest doing when he ran out of the ring???
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 07-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I don't know why the hell Sonnen didn't get up right away when he slipped. Glad Ortiz lost though. What the heck was Forrest doing when he ran out of the ring???
lol I don't know but I thought "Run Forrest run!" of course lol, the dude is kind of ....odd.
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:00 AM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus

lol I don't know but I thought "Run Forrest run!" of course lol, the dude is kind of ....odd.
Well at least he didn't run out crying as he has in the past. Haha
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 07-08-2012, 05:07 AM   #56

haha no kidding!

Old 07-08-2012, 05:13 AM   #57

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

That was a great $45 wasted!!! Damn it Sonnen, WTF was the slip and not getting up!!!

Old 07-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #58

Likes Given: 6

TO: KTMBOYZ ( I do not know how to put a quote in this box!! HAhahahaha)

Anyways... know how u feel about paying. I used to be a big boxing fan looong ago, and after paying for a few Tyson matches, the last time I paid for a boxing fight was when he bit off Evanders ears :-). I swore I would neve pay for another one of him fights after that!!

Now with MMA I have paid for a few, and would have gone in for $10 last night but could not find any friends around, most on vacation. When I had a full time job :-(, I was making decent $$ and would have just bought the damn thing myself if I really wanted to watch, but, those days r over for now.

I really wanted Chael to win, but.....like him or not...Silva is damn talented. When I had earlier said that Chael doesn't have stong power, what I was referring to is his record of KO'S which are few, and the fact that he had Silva down for OVER 20 mins beating him up but..could not finish him :-(. Which got me thinking about why that fight was not stopped. I have seen a few miutes of the fight, but not the WHOLE fight in a rerun....AS far as control, Chael is one of the best at that....but where does he go from here...drop weight and fight GSP.....mmmmmm....could be a good fght..

Old 07-09-2012, 03:50 AM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 39

I think Sonnen would have been ok if he didn't slip, when he didn't jump right up I think he was probably tryign to keep both hands on the mat to keep from ketting a knee to the head and seems he got one anyway... I was really hoping he would beat Silva, I will admit he is good but he has just gotten way to cocky and rude to his oponents IMO

Old 07-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #60

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Well at least he didn't run out crying as he has in the past. Haha
LOL - Good one. Poor Forrest, that guy is just a weird, weird dude. How he ever became a NY Times best selling author is beyond me, but I guess people just love him for being goofy.

All in all that was a pretty decent fight card. I would have paid $50 for it, but I didn't and just waited until Sunday to watch for free.

I think Sonnen definitely slipped and made a mistake, but sometimes things like that happen. I haven't heard any post fight comments yet, but I'll be looking them up this morning as there isn't much going on at work... LOL

Tito is finally done and I'm torn on that fact. He was definitely a force in sport when they needed some characters who could attract attention. I never really liked the guy, but he always came in shape and ready to fight. I think his time on The Ultimate Fighter was good for his image, he was a good coach and really helped some of those guys take the next step. Granted he did tap to punches from Chuck. I think overall the UFC was helped by having in there running his mouth before they crossed over went mainstream. His fight with Frank Shamrock is still one great fight to watch.

UFC 149 looks like a snoozefest. I think I'll be taking a pass on that one.
m72law Likes This