UFC 148, First death in the Octagon?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > UFC 148, First death in the Octagon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default UFC 148, First death in the Octagon?

I like Chael Sonnen, for the most part he's entertaining but he's really got Silva all riled up with the insults and I don't think it's going to work to his advantage. Should be a good fight either way but if you watch the weigh ins, there's some animosity I've never seen from Silva and considering what Silva can do when he's in a good mood, I'd hate to him see angry.

http://youtu.be/rPy003iUuVchttp://youtu.be/SZG0sNDa2JQ

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Last edited by Wiebelhaus; 07-06-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #2

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Should be interesting.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 07-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7319 Times on 4403 Posts
Likes Given: 8982

Disgusting "sport".

rjd3282 Likes This 
Old 07-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #4

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I hope Sonnen kicks his ass!!! Sonnen is hilarious and a good fighter. He got sloppy in the final round or he would be champ right now!!

Old 07-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #5

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Fathead, I agree Sonnen is a great fighter and being sloppy took that win from him . He will be bringing madness to the octagon saturday

Old 07-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #6

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

Silva is going to murder Sonnen

Old 07-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I hate when we buy the fights and they are lame or someone gets knocked out right away. My favorite types of fights are like Griffin v. Bonnar. Now that was a fight!!

Old 07-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I don't know if I can agree that Sonnen got "sloppy" in the final couple of minutes and lost the fight because of that aspect. He was the same level of "sloppy" earlier in the fight as well.

By sloppy I am saying he left his arm inside the guard and used it to posture as he was moving or trying to rain down blows. In the day of the wrestler versus the BJJ fighter this was called "posting" when a wrestler would put his palm on the mat and get caught. Sonnen was leaning on his elbow "inside" Anderson's guard, and he got caught.

Neither side has been truthful about their first fight. Sonnen ROCKED Anderson with his left and had him badly hurt in the first. That put Anderson on his heels, but Sonnen was far from in control the whole fight. He sure put a whooping on Anderson, but his ground & pound technique was poor in certain aspects and he paid the price.

I don't know what to think about this fight. Anderson has been in love with his myth for the past couple of years. Except for the Beltor fight he hasn't really come out with the intent to end the fight in a dominating fashion. Sonnen had walked through everyone at 185 until Michael Bisping gave him a good fight and I don't believe Bisping can crush a grape with his striking.

If Anderson were to come into the Octagon like he did against Chris Leben or Rich Franklin, I think the night is over quickly. If Chael comes in like he did against Paulo Filho and Anderson the first time, I think he will drag Silva to the ground, beat him up and I bet he doesn't leave his elbow in this time around.

I see Anderson by either a ref stoppage or a heel hook type lower body submission.

I see Chael winning a decision or a ref stoppage due to G-n-P.

My money is staying firmly in my pocket though because I don't have confidence in either of these fighters in this fight. Chael has practically moved into Anderson Silva's head and is living there, but his arrogance might be his undoing if Silva is serious. Anderson has made so many lunatic threats & feels he is defending all of Brazil and Jui-Jitsu against Sonnen he is going to be amped to the gills and fighting out of his normal game plan, so he could easily gas or get caught.

I got no idea what is going to happen, but I am going to enjoy watching it.

JD

Old 07-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yes Griffin vs Bonnar was an epic fight! Forest is one of my all time favorite fighters. I think Silva has the upper hand. And as far as I am concerned golf is a disgusting sport.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #10

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibewiggin
Yes Griffin vs Bonnar was an epic fight! Forest is one of my all time favorite fighters. I think Silva has the upper hand. And as far as I am concerned golf is a disgusting sport.
What's worse is watching golf on TV. Playing golf isn't so bad.