Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > U.N. small arms treaty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 665 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Default U.N. small arms treaty

Sponsered by Iran, Syria, and China.
http://www.ijreview.com/2012/07/10064-un-small-arms-treaty-barack-obamas-backdoor-gun-control-may-pass/

Here is a response I received from 1 of my senators.

July 13, 2012

Dear Mr. Patterson:

Thank you for your comments regarding the United Nations Small Arms Trade Treaty and Second Amendment Sovereignty Act of 2012 (S. 2205). I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, on March 19, 2012, Senator Jerry Moran (R-KS) introduced S. 2205, which was referred to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. You may be pleased to know that I am a cosponsor of S. 2205. If enacted, the bill would prohibit the use of funds to negotiate the United Nation Small Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) in a manner that undermines the rights of Americans under the Second Amendment or seeks to regulate the domestic manufacture of firearms. I will oppose ratification of an ATT that in any way restricts the rights of law-abiding Americans to manufacture, assemble, possess, transfer or purchase firearms, ammunition, or related items.

To be clear, as a strong defender of Americans' individual right to keep and bear arms, I signed a letter, along with 44 other senators, to President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on July 22, 2011, expressing my grave concern about the dangers posed by the ATT. These concerns relate to protecting our nation's sovereignty, as well as constitutionally protected individual freedoms.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. As your Senator, it is important for me to hear from you regarding the current issues affecting our nation. Please do not hesitate to be in touch again if I may be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Kelly A. Ayotte
U. S. Senator

Now this is from the other.

July 13, 2012

Dear James,

Thank you for contacting my office about regulating the global arms trade. I appreciate hearing from you.
The Obama Administration has supported a resolution to hold a U.N. conference this month to draft a treaty regulating conventional arms trade. Proponents suggest that the Arms Trade Treaty initiative would allow the United States to promote the same strict standards that we already have in place for the rest of the international community with respect to the import, export or transfer of conventional arms. The Treaty would also help to prevent the illicit transfer and production of conventional weapons around the globe.

Firearms possession is an individual right guaranteed by the Second Amendment and any agreement must not infringe upon that right. In New Hampshire we have a proud tradition of individual liberty and a culture of hunting and sportsmanship. I have supported that tradition throughout my career and I will continue to advocate for the responsible use of firearms as an important part of our state's heritage.

As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, I will continue to closely monitor the status of the Arms Trade Treaty initiative, and carefully review all legislation that comes before the Senate to make sure that our individual liberties, traditions and safety are protected.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me, and please do not hesitate to contact my office with any future concerns.

Sincerely,

Jeanne Shaheen
United States Senator

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #2

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

To be honest the rumors of the ATT worried the crap put of me since obama is out to crush our second amendment. But after seeing those responses I am sure we will not have any outside opposition on our arms from the god foresaken un

Old 07-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Lol this topic is extensively being covered in the politics thread. Any new information coming out is being posted there. The general consensus is that it doesn't look good. If you aren't a supporting member I would recommend becoming one. Just to be on top of what's going on with the att is worth the investment.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #4

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
Lol this topic is extensively being covered in the politics thread. Any new information coming out is being posted there. The general consensus is that it doesn't look good. If you aren't a supporting member I would recommend becoming one. Just to be on top of what's going on with the att is worth the investment.
Second that motion

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 07-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #5

Liked 665 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Second that motion
Your not a supporting member.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh

Your not a supporting member.
What of it?! Gotta problem with supportive unsupporting members?!?

:-D

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 07-18-2012, 01:11 AM   #7

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
What of it?! Gotta problem with supportive unsupporting members?!?

:-D
OMG, that's like dividing by zero ...... the earth is doomed!!!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 07-18-2012, 04:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

OMG, that's like dividing by zero ...... the earth is doomed!!!
Aye, not because of me however!

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun

Old 07-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #9

Default United Nations = Gun Grabbers

The United Nations is flea-infested, hygiene challenged hellhole of soulless despots, tyrants, anti-freedom, human-rights violating global gangbangers who wish to shore up their power by having the United Nations put forth a treaty that would restrict the access to guns by their people, thereby ensuring the tyrants can continue to kill, control, rape and plunder innocents with impunity.

"A Well Regulated Militia Being Necessary
to the Security of a Free State
the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"...
27 WORDS WORTH FIGHTING FOR !!!