Type of Friends I Keep - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Type of Friends I Keep

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2014, 02:01 AM   #11
That looks like it hurt
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1194 Times on 746 Posts
Likes Given: 881

Only a few friends in my whole life. I am a very loyal type and have always been dissapointed by so called friends...I don't really kep but one or two ever....usually none. I have made peace with doing things alone a lot....

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 08-08-2014, 02:36 AM   #12

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
I was going through my old address book (yeah, the one with little pieces of paper sticking out, with phone numbers forgotten, and addresses that are no longer valid).

I was looking at the names of friends and past acquaintances and realized something.

Those I keep as friends run the gamut from red necks to nerds to millionaires.

But they all have one thing in common.

They are true to their word, hold up to a promise, and keep the vows and oaths they have taken.
Bingo...

Honor seems to be getting harder to find? Either that or my standards are going up.

Tack

Old 08-08-2014, 02:59 AM   #13

Liked 2451 Times on 1437 Posts
Likes Given: 559

Being a submariner, I have friends in low places.

I can count on them though.
People Like This 
Old 08-08-2014, 03:17 AM   #14

Liked 2144 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 1390

I have a few friends. But no real close ones. I know several people in law enforcement. I hunt with them once a year. We paintball 3 or 4 times a year. But I don't have any friends that I hang out with on a regular basis. I see my IDPA shooting mates once a month. But that is about the only time I see them, unless we run into each other at Cabelas.

I have spent the last 19 years building a life with my family and working hard to make a living. I am one of those people that could live in the middle of a forest as long as I have my wife and kids. My wife on the other hand spends a lot of time with her girlfriends. Most nights my front porch looks like a scene from "Desperate Housewifes".
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-08-2014, 04:24 AM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I have a few friends. But no real close ones. I know several people in law enforcement. I hunt with them once a year. We paintball 3 or 4 times a year. But I don't have any friends that I hang out with on a regular basis. I see my IDPA shooting mates once a month. But that is about the only time I see them, unless we run into each other at Cabelas.

I have spent the last 19 years building a life with my family and working hard to make a living. I am one of those people that could live in the middle of a forest as long as I have my wife and kids. My wife on the other hand spends a lot of time with her girlfriends. Most nights my front porch looks like a scene from "Desperate Housewifes".
sounds like me!

most of my really close and dear friends don't live close anymore so i don't see them very much.

yep. as long as i have the wife, i'm a happy camper. she really is one of my best friends.