Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   TX Governor vs. Wiley Coyote (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/tx-governor-vs-wiley-coyote-26569/)

orangello 04-28-2010 01:20 PM

TX Governor vs. Wiley Coyote

I couldn't find the recent thread about a suburban coyote dance.

Texas gov. shoots, kills 'wily' coyote during jog
By JIM VERTUNO
Associated Press Writer

updated 6:56 p.m. CT, Tues., April 27, 2010
AUSTIN, Texas - Pistol-packing Texas Gov. Rick Perry has a message for wily coyotes out there: Don't mess with my dog.

Perry told The Associated Press on Tuesday he needed just one shot from the laser-sighted pistol he sometimes carries while jogging to take down a coyote that menaced his puppy during a February run near Austin.

Perry said he will carry his .380 Ruger loaded with hollow-point bullets when jogging on trails because he is afraid of snakes. He'd also seen coyotes in the undeveloped area. {article continues}

I liked the bit about "mulch". :)

lonyaeger 04-28-2010 01:30 PM

Mulch?????

orangello 04-28-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonyaeger (Post 277335)
Mulch?????

Texas gov. shoots, kills 'wily' coyote during jog - U.S. news- msnbc.com
OOPS! I forgot the link to the entire article. The "mulch" bit was near the end.

TXnorton 04-28-2010 05:28 PM

It figures that a pantywaist like Perry would be carrying a .380.

A "real" Texas governor would have been carrying a Peacemaker in .45 LC!

lonyaeger 04-28-2010 05:34 PM

A couple thoughts come to mind:

(1) A. 380 loaded with hollow points for a snake gun? Puh-leeze.
(2) He must be a helluva shot with that little Ruger. Coyotes normally keep their distance from humans, even when tempted by a delicious little Cocker Spaniel. A one-shot kill to a coyote at some distance? Hmm....

orangello 04-28-2010 05:37 PM

^^^ In the part of the article i didn't get to copy, it mentioned a laser site on his shootin iron. Personally, if i was a politician, i'd want something a bit more robust than a 380, but i've never been shot with one either.

Jo da Plumbr 04-28-2010 05:38 PM

He's not going to admit if he gut shot it and it ran away to suffer. No one to confirm his one shot quick kill story.

robocop10mm 04-28-2010 10:24 PM

Perry is not a big guy. I could fit him in my pocket. He probably can't handle anything larger than an Elsie Pea. He's been Governor for about.....25 years now? He does not even live in the Governors mansion right now as it is being restored/remodeled and was firebombed about a year ago to boot. He lives in a luxury house outside of town that costs the taxpayers something like 10K a month.

I would like to know why in hades he went out jogging w/o his security detail? This is Austin. The most liberal city between San Fransicko and New York.

lonyaeger 04-28-2010 10:28 PM

Maybe the coyote was a left-winger as well?

Glasshartt 04-29-2010 07:40 PM

Robo, you can fit most anyone in your pocket.