Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Two More Aussie Heroes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default Two More Aussie Heroes

May God Welcome them to heaven and watch over there Family's

AN Australian SAS soldier has been shot and killed by Taliban fighters in Afghanistan, Defence boss Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston said tonight.

The soldier was on patrol when he was severely wounded by small-arms fire from Taliban fighters.

"A coalition helicopter immediately responded to a call for assistance from the Australian patrol and evacuated the soldier to a nearby medical facility,'' Air Chief Marshal Houston said.

"Unfortunately despite the best efforts of his mates and the aeromedical team the soldier succumbed to his wounds.''

His family had been informed.

No other Australian troops were injured in the incident.

Air Chief Marshal Houston said it was tragic day for the ADF.

The defence department said Australian troops had been involved in a "significant incident'' in Oruzgan province earlier today that resulted in the soldier's death.

It follows the death of Trooper David Pearce, who was killed by a roadside bomb in southern Afghanistan on October 8.

The shooting occurred in southern Afghanistan's Oruzgan province earlier today.

It follows the death of Trooper David Pearce, who was killed by a roadside bomb on October 8, also in Oruzgan province.

Air Chief Marshal Houston said the defence force was doing everything it possibly could to support the family of the soldier and his mates in Afghanistan.

Personal details of the soldier involved were not immediately released at the request of his family.

"We have recently informed the soldier's family and are doing everything we can to assist and support them through this very difficult time.''

Further details of the operation would not be released as it was ongoing at this time, he said.

John W J
Heart in Australia
Body In New Mexico
http://opencarry.com/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-25-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1303 Times on 662 Posts
Likes Given: 151

This is sad news. May they be at peace and may their families be comforted.

Aussies have been a steadfast ally to the United States through many conflicts. We should all be grateful to them.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:26 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Every nite I pray for our young men and women, and those of our alies. They are there keeping those who want all non muslems dead or inslaved. We can fight them there or wait untill they come to us. I ask everyone who reads this to keep these brave young people in your prayers, and their familys.

Catfish
Ohio

Old 10-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2549 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Default Aussies

God bless the Aussies in their support of the free world in helping fight the good fight. I know they had a significant continigent in Vietnam. Most Americans do not know how much Australia has contribited to our efforts over the years.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:29 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Two More Aussie heros!

Hell all, Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

I am saddened and morn the loss of two more Hero's! I always have had a begrugning respect for Aussies, Kewies and so amy others that stand with us in all our struggles! I hope all the best for the families of the lost and Hope that in some way, thier loved ones getting home, back to them gives them some small comfort? I will say a prayer for more of my brothers lost in action!