TV, can you do without? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

TV, can you do without?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1035 Times on 803 Posts

until computers came into my life, i only watched tv for local weather and to hear the national news lies.
when i got married, i had to put up with tv. why? my wifes degree is in radio and televison and she liked looking at credits to recognize colleages'.
she also watches tv to see the set up and execution of plot. she tears apart scripts, looks for holes, defines the acts, and it entertains her.
we only have tv on the box. i have dial up, so we dont watch anything on the computer. and being honest...if i had a chance, id toss the tv and this computer if i could. the net isnt as friendly as it once was....with ftf being the exception.
it was fun when it was new, but its gotten too crowded with idiots.
so to make it simple........i can do without all of tv if i could. i consider being inside like being in prison. i prefer being outside enjoying life.
Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot

Last edited by bobski; 08-03-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #32
Liked 1164 Times on 755 Posts
Likes Given: 2050

I don't watch TV much but when I do its baseball and football . Everything else is old news that I could care less about . I do listen to the radio a lot
Criminals Prefer Unarmerd Victims....

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
Old 08-04-2013, 03:44 AM   #33
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I could easily do without. I like the intellectually stimulating shows, but I can just as easily read (my preferred media). I actually still subscribe to the newspaper in print. I enjoy the internet because it is interactive.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:11 AM   #34
Liked 207 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Technically I do, I watch Netflix quite a bit. That way I can actually see what I want to watch. The cable system is for the wife and my 5 yr old daughter (Nickelodeon & Nick Jr.) and they watch all the time. Rhonda her Gospel and Chloe her kids programs.

Me, I watch mostly on the computer "Top Shot" (History Channel) & NRA on you-tube "Tails of the Gun", use the internet all the time for weather and news and gun forums of course.

Otherwise I am pretty ignorant of what's happening in the world and around me (I like it that way). Have enough of my own problems, so I do not need to listen to other's problems (that pass as news). Having a reloading problem, always happy to help, problem with the kids, been there done that and still doing it with my 24 year old daughter, NO THANKS I will pass on that one.

Everyone have a safe and happy weekend, I'm off to go shooting.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #35
Liked 229 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 386

What do the letters TV stand for?

Oh, Tarantula Vasectomy, silly me

I can do without "normal" tv, but if you touch my netflix, you're losin a hand

Newest Threads