Turnaround time ? ? ? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Turnaround time ? ? ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

i found gunsmiths are like tattoo artists. the good ones take forever to get something done and are booked up for a couple weeks before your problem.

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 07-28-2011, 04:29 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Default lll

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitSports6 View Post
What kind of 5 min. job?

We do lots of same day stuff for people and our accounts, If it makes people happy they will generally be back again.

Best of luck my friend.
Pressing in a barrel pin on my AK build. The hole is already drilled and reamed to exact dimensions. It is even half way in. I was "inch-worming" it with a vice, the whole "half turn, smack with sledge and repeat bit". It worked for the removal on the old barrel and was going little by little, but then a jaw cracked right at the crank opening. It wasn't a cheapy vice, not the best, but not Harbor Freight crap either. That left me to only one vice and I need it to complete.

I am going to eventually need a shop press, but I have all my gun money tied up and I can't justify a shop press for "Home Improvement". The wife (rightfully so) wouldn't let that go.

SO. . . I asked the guy at the shop and he said their "new gunsmith" said "No problem, $20". I told them "GREAT! If that's the case, then I'll have him do ALL my pin presses. I could do about 15 guns for the cost of a decent press and then my garage wouldn't have more clutter (it's co-existing already as a wood-shop/fab and gun-shop)

Since I posted this I called the guy at the LGS, whom I get along great with. He said "I've got more guns for him to pick up tomorrow, so hopefully yours in with the ones he brings back in." I told him I wanted it done or not. . .