A TUFF Day In Tennessee Today!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A TUFF Day In Tennessee Today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2751 Times on 1336 Posts
Likes Given: 1396

Default A TUFF Day In Tennessee Today!

For those of you who love your pets you will understand why today and for some days to follow they are going to be TUFF!
I make no bones about it! I like most animals more than I like a lot of people and especially pets! With a tear in my wife's and my eyes!
Today the family lost one of our family and best friends Tiger our cat. We found Tiger when he was all of 6" tall and was not even big enough to hardly eat normal food at a dump in Tennesse. He was the most beautiful tiger striped little kitten I had ever seen. And could set in my hand. But I justified taking him from the dump with intention to find him a home. So we loaded him into the truck. I went to the Burkesvlle, KY. IGA store on the way home to attempt to find him a good home. But no takers there! So off to the Shell Station at Cave City where I just knew I could find someone who would love such a beautiful little kitten. But no luck! As of today he now had been a part of our family for 18 1/2 years. He was part of the family. However three weeks ago he had a stroke and began to loose coordination in his back legs. Then in the past two weeks lost all control of his rear legs. Last week he became deaf and it was starting to effect his vision and he became unaware of where he was and scared. Yes, this morning we had to take our beloved pet, family memeber and friend to the vet for his last trip. We were blessed to have him in our family for the 18+ years and he will be missed! His spirit and shadows will fill the hallway for a long time to come. For some it is hard to believe that pets like Tiger can play such a large part in our life. "Tiger" God Bless You my Little Friend! And thanks for being in our life! Tiger passed at 10:50am this morning.

File Type: jpg Mr. Tigger Resting.jpg (23.9 KB, 73 views)

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

dango Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-24-2014, 06:55 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1262 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 534

Danggit, you are making my eyes runny. We have two pound kitties that have been in the family for eight years come January, I do not look forward to the day they are not prowling our home.

Sorry for your loss.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:01 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1060 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 465

So sorry for your loss...
18 is a long life, though, and your eulogy is a touching testament to the joy pets can bring to a loving family.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

dango Likes This 
Old 11-24-2014, 07:07 PM   #4

Liked 308 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 62

My boys don't understand why I won't pay much attention to their cats. We've lost so many cats to sickness, road hits, coyotes I just don't want to be close to them anymore. Very sorry for your loss.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #5
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Very sad to hear. At least he went "Across the Rainbow Bridge" with Dignity. You were a good family to him. GD bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
dango Likes This 
Old 11-24-2014, 08:01 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3185 Times on 1834 Posts
Likes Given: 2062

You and your wife's lives are better because Tiger was in it and obviously Tiger's life was much better because of you and your wife. God bless you all.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:52 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 853 Times on 616 Posts
Likes Given: 249

So sorry for your family's loss 03.
Get your a$$ back to the dump. Though definitely not a cure, it will help.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

dango Likes This 
Old 11-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #8
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7824 Times on 4697 Posts
Likes Given: 9854

Sorry for you loss. You are so lucky to have had Tiger in your life for so long. Cats can be a great comfort. Thank you for taking such loving care of Tiger.

dango Likes This 
Old 11-25-2014, 12:16 AM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2751 Times on 1336 Posts
Likes Given: 1396

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments and thoughts!
And "God Bless you all"!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

dango Likes This 
Old 11-25-2014, 12:40 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1846 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1387

My condolences to you and your family!!!!