The TSA Problem : What's the Solution? - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The TSA Problem : What's the Solution?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 01:19 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

No issues whatsoever!!! I'm with Dillinger on this, there's no problem.. They're just doing there job an trying to make it as painless as possible. I didn't get hassled stopped or checked. Enjoy your travels folks!!

[http://mercop.wordpress.com
http://www.themensroomonline.net/

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Certified (Traveling) Notary State Of FL

Old 12-02-2010, 05:23 AM   #82

I like this video.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #83

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

The problem I have is that I should be secure in my body.

I didn't do anything to warrant a search of my body. I am an american citizen and therefor protected under the 4th amendment. That is how I see it. I didn't break a law so there for the gubberment has no right to scan my body.

It is guilty till proven innocent. That ain't right.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #84

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Heard a story on a local radio station that someone is making t-shirts for kids for the TSA. The are embedded with metal in the fabric and when they are seen through the scanner they read "See the 4th Amendment You Pervs". Pretty funny idea. Looking for a link.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #85

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bello View Post
I like this Bob guy...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 12-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #86

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

LOL - That Bob guy is funny and hell and right.

Tango - I can see where you are coming from, but there has always been security at the airport. No one is forcing you to fly, that is your choice.

If you choose to drive, you are required to obey the rules of the road, or you will get pulled over and given a ticket by the police.

If you want to fly, you get your carry on stuff X-Ray'd and you have to walk through the metal detector.

If you set off the metal detector, or you refuse for some reason, then you may have to go through the scanner OR you can go with the pat down.

When we left Sea-Tac, they did not have the scanner up and running, but my woman set off the metal detector because of an underwire bra which we knew going in would be an issue and we wanted to see what all the hub-bub was about.

She was called off to the side, she was scanned with the wand and the underwire set off the wand. Then a female TSA person put on a brand new pair of gloves and patted her down outside of her clothes in the most professional manner, talking to her the whole time about what she was doing, asking if she was okay with this "touching" and repeatedly saying things like "If at any time you are uncomfortable, please let me know". She didn't grope, she didn't touch bare skin, she didn't stick her hands inside any clothing, she did a pat down. When she was done, she went over and tested for explosive/gunpowder residue with a Q-tip from a sealed tube on the gloves. The test was negative and the gloves were discarded. We then proceeded on our way with no issues.

No one was REQUIRED to go through the scanner at any of the airports that we visited in our travels. It is there as another measure to check for all the normal stuff they have been checking for since 9/11.

All this mass hysteria about being invasive and illegal touching and crap is people complaining without really taking into context what flying has been like in the last ten years. They have been doing all these same issues on International flights since 2000 ( when I first flew International ) and they have been doing them on in state flights since I came back to the States after 9/11.

We fly, on average, about twice a year and have done so for several years now. There was no new added fortress of oppressive government waiting to violate our rights this time around. It was the same old, same old.

Bottom line, if you don't want to play by the rules, then don't play the game. Right now the rules say scan your carry ons and check you for metal with the walk through device. If that goes beep, you have two options: X-ray or pat down.

Or you can take the bus or the train or drive.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Outside of an emergncy I refuse to fly. The stuff they are doing at the airports does nothing in the way of safety it just makes some idiot in Washington feel good just like the assault weapons ban and don't ask don't tell. This sorry attempt at safety along with several other areas of the US in action make me sad and discusted at the same time. I'm tired of seeing the US being weakened in the name of political correctness and our leader bending over beside a tub of anal lube to the very people who started this whole mess.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #88

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
just makes some idiot in Washington feel good
*looking out window at Washington weather*

Ouch Bro. Ouch.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #89

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

BUS EWWWWWWWWWW did that when I was a poor solider and will never do it again. That was the worst experience of my life. I got harassed worse on the bus than I ever did flying.

I may piss and moan but when I have to take my kids to the airport in the summer I am sure I will just keep my mouth shut and make it go as fast as possible.

Now back to the bus story.

I hopped on the bus in Kileen Tx, bound for CA. At the time I didn't have airfare. So we are headed west with a stop in El Paso. Boarder patrol came on board our buss and pulled everyone off that looks Hispanic and had them show papers. Then they went through the rest of the bus checking ID's. Now I am in the Army at the time. So they ask for our papers I am 22 maybe 23 at the time I had no idea what papers were other than that is what the NAZI's in Indiana Jones wanted before indie punched the guy and tossed him out the window of the zepplin. So I get out my Military ID because that is what I thought of first at that time. The BP agent guy got in my face and asked "What the Hell am I doing" I said going to see my mom. He then said I need to show proof that I am a citizen. I assumed that a valid Military ID was good enough. He said no. Then he wanted my passport or a birth cert of green card. I said what I was born in California and I am stationed at Ft. Hood Tx in the ARMY. I need proof. He got real mad and kept at me. I finally said here is my CA drivers lic and then he got pissed because it was expired. SO it was no good. I explained to him that in CA if I am active duty and my Lic expires as long as I had a valid military ID it was valid. He finally gave up and started in on the little old lady behind me.

This is in no way a slam on the Boarder Patrol or Scubie in any way. This is just what happened to me. Maybe I did something to cause alarm. No big deal in the end they got 5 illegals from our bus and I made it to CA to see mom and dad.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #90
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
*looking out window at Washington weather*

Ouch Bro. Ouch.
Come on, man!! The other Washington. I wouldn't say something like that about you......I would come up with something WAY worse.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer