Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The TSA Problem : What's the Solution?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I applied for TSA some years back.

I went through extensive testing, a physical, role playing, over a two day period.

Out of our group ( various groups were shuffled through the convention center), 8 were asked to leave. Two of us got to sit down.

I was congratulated, told I qualified for a supervisory position, and that I was now occupying the "ready pool". I was to hang loose, I'd be called, and my Vet status guaranteed me a slot before anyone who hadn't served.

Then TSA dumped the agency they hired to conduct the hiring process. The company left, and took my name with them.

After my last visit to an airport, and upon viewing some of it's quality staff, I'm really rather glad of it.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #12
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1771 Times on 1009 Posts
Likes Given: 3540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I applied for TSA some years back.

I went through extensive testing, a physical, role playing, over a two day period.

Out of our group ( various groups were shuffled through the convention center), 8 were asked to leave. Two of us got to sit down.

I was congratulated, told I qualified for a supervisory position, and that I was now occupying the "ready pool". I was to hang loose, I'd be called, and my Vet status guaranteed me a slot before anyone who hadn't served.

Then TSA dumped the agency they hired to conduct the hiring process. The company left, and took my name with them.

After my last visit to an airport, and upon viewing some of it's quality staff, I'm really rather glad of it.

I applied and have not heard anything back! What is going on with TSA, I am thankful I did not get hired or even called for an interview. Some of the newer rules, sorry no my cup of tea.

I agree with everyone else that Israel way for airport security!

Also, if we have the hot Israel women doing the strip search, then I would volunteer for the opt-out!

Old 11-17-2010, 06:04 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Maybe President Odumbo & his old lady could demonstrate how the nudie machine and feel-up are not an inconvenience by going through both for the news?

Maybe the Israeli system is worth a try; the current system doesn't seem to be satisfying anyone but the B'crats using it.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #14
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Maybe President Odumbo & his old lady could demonstrate how the nudie machine and feel-up are not an inconvenience by going through both for the news?
The imagine is now burned into my head from reading the comment!

Old 11-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
The imagine is now burned into my head from reading the comment!
Sorry man. {humming & thinking of kittens playing in the field}

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #16
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Sorry man. {humming & thinking of kittens playing in the field}
I had to re-imagine some hot Israel women strip searching me!

Old 11-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #17

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
So eliminate TSA and go private? I'll buy that, but what methods will we allow them to use?
We allow the market to dictate that. If airline X suffers several incidents due to lax security guess which airline nobody will fly. If airline Y offers cop-a-feel and you're ok with that choose Y, if Z profiles and you are offended by that choose another airline.

In the end it's all about being serious about security and letting go of the political correctness. If a certain group that has been responsible for almost 100% of the worldwide terror acts for the last decade is offended by the extra scrutiny, tough shiz. Feeling up nuns and toddlers isn't the answer...if you did that anywhere else you would go to jail or get your azz kicked.

The Israel system works for several reasons...a: it's relatively a low volume system compared to the US and b: they look for the bomber, not the bomb. Yes, that involves profiling but not just ethnic or nationality profiling. They are trained to observe behaviors both directly and indirectly along with extensive background checks on each traveler...again a luxury not afforded a system that carrries millions of people a day.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 11-17-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:16 AM   #18
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Here is another question with the so-called TSA pat-downs (new way), where the actually go between the underwear and the skin area.

They are wearing rubber gloves, correct! Now, do they change out the rubber gloves between pat-downs or do they wear the same gloves?

Even doctors/dentists/medical technicians are required by health codes to change out gloves between patients, when coming into skin contact!

This is just information to the regular flyers!

Old 11-18-2010, 09:02 AM   #19
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Here is another question with the so-called TSA pat-downs (new way), where the actually go between the underwear and the skin area.
Are you serious? They pat you down between your clothes and your skin? They actually put their gloved hand on your naked crotch?????

Old 11-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #20

Liked 685 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1670

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Are you serious? They pat you down between your clothes and your skin? They actually put their gloved hand on your naked crotch?????
According to what 2 of my wife's coworkers told her after recent flights, yes. One male, one female, btw.

Last edited by buckhuntr; 11-18-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: addition