Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The TSA Problem : What's the Solution?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default The TSA Problem : What's the Solution?

1) They kept body imaging scans, which they weren't supposed to, and those images have made it to the web.

2) There are massive health concerns about the technology in the first place.

3) Nobody's thrilled about their enhanced cop a feel.

4) CAIR wants Muslim women excluded from these searches.

I don't have a clear solution, so I can't gripe about their methods. How do we enhance the safety of passengers without running "Nudist Airways"?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Follow Israel's example. The stuff the TSA does is BS and acomplishes nothing.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Follow Israel's example. The stuff the TSA does is BS and acomplishes nothing.

That about sums it up Spitty.

I just got back from California yesterday and the TSA employees were more concerned with playing grab ass with each other than anything.
This was the first time I had flown while not on some type of orders in years. I was amazed that a soldier, in uniform, with a military ID, has to remove boots, shirt and belt, but the guy with the nine inch high "headgear" gets to keep on becase it's a religious thing.

And professionalism? Forget it! The employees all looked like they were getting ready to go out for a night on the town and spoke with the same dialect I'd expect to hear on a gangsta-rap album. I figured that by the number of stripes some of them had on their epulates, one of them just HAD to be a General.

Biggest waste of money I have ever seen.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 11-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

So eliminate TSA and go private? I'll buy that, but what methods will we allow them to use?

Old 11-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #5

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Profiling works, the Israelis have done it forever. Lest we forget, the 19 folks that caused 9/11 were of the same demographics - as are most bad guys...

Last edited by NGIB; 11-17-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #6

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Indeed, profiling does work! Screw flying, personally, I rather take a damn train!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 11-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I think if we profiled more, they'd get sneaky about it.

Granted, Israel doesn't play around, and maybe they're worth a closer look. PC doesn't live there....

Old 11-17-2010, 03:54 PM   #8

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Profiling does work. But if you start unlawfully searching every single car that pulls into a airport you are violating rights and that is not good.

TSA is nothing more than another bureaucratic Alphabet org that was created to suck more tax money into nothingness.

Just like Homeland security. I thought we already had a homeland security division of the government. I thought it was called the National Guard and Reserves?

TSA did take a lot of heat over hiring a bunch of stupid thugs with criminal records. Really how are they supposed to do anything for us. Also Every time I go to the airport I see at least 1/2 of the TSA agents are FAT not overweight not pudgy but effing tub-o-lard FAT. How is tubby supposed to protect anyone from anything other than a mac attack or zombie twinkies.

I never understand why they are pulling 80 year old men and women in walkers off to the side so they can pat them down. That is just stupid. I can also see it from the perspective of the people being profiled. I have a friend who happens to be a western Muslim born and raised in the USA very patriotic loves the 4th of July loves this country. He goes to visit family in Pakistan every summer. He has to get to Dulles 7 hours before his flight because every time they pull him in to a room and ask him questions for 3 hours. His parents are both well respected doctors in their community. He is an upstanding citizen and knows more about the country and our history than many other Americans.His parents got married and seen that they could not live the life they wanted in Pakistan so they immigrated to the USA. It took them years to get over here. They had to have bank accounts checked and all sorts of other paper work. He feel the same way as we all do about the border that we need to secure it. He has never even had a speeding ticket. So why should he be stopped and questioned for hours because his skin is a different color and he is going to see his grandmother?

Old 11-17-2010, 04:03 PM   #9

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Their (TSA's) current methods do nothing. I am not going to post on the general forum what can be gotten through the system, but suffice it to say it can be done. There are those on forum know what I'm talking about.

TSA needs to drop the empire building, or the only people who will fly will be those who have to fly. No one will take a plane for vacation, just to visit, or anything else if this invasive tactic continues.

Drop the pat down and scanner. Have explosive sniffing dogs at the access to the gateways, along with the carry on scanning machines and metal detectors. Arm security with M16's and dress them in black BDU's.

That is all!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've heard the idea that this is just another way of warming the frog. One more way government can warm us up to the invasion of privacy they would truely like to impliment and control every aspect of our lives.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer