Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > True Grit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 02:45 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5120 Times on 2666 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Default True Grit

normally i dont care for westerns with the exception of the old spaghetti western Sergio Leone clint eastwood movies. but im really wanting to see the remake of true grit. cant stand john wayne and yes im from texas. it just looks bad ass

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-18-2010, 02:49 AM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I am wanting to see it but I'm saddened to a point that these high paid brainiacs can't think of anything but remade movies. I hear the Broadway show Spiderman has been bumped back...again!
..Spiderman..On Broadway...With a multimillion dollar score from Bono and the Edge.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #3

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Going to see this tomorrow X-MAS DAY..Hope its as good as the original...Well see..The (DUKE)...is the MAN...

Old 12-25-2010, 03:12 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
normally i dont care for westerns with the exception of the old spaghetti western Sergio Leone clint eastwood movies. but im really wanting to see the remake of true grit. cant stand john wayne and yes im from texas. it just looks bad ass
If my dad heard you say that you would instantly be kicked out of the house. John Wayne is the man where do you think Sergio Leone and Clint got there insperation from.

Now im excited about this movie but have a feeling that it wont live up to the Duke's standard. Then again i could be wrong it might be totally bad ass!

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 12-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #5

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
cant stand John Wayne and yes im from Texas.
Blasphemy!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 12-25-2010, 10:26 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have been impressed with Bridge's work - he has much more 'range' than Duke Wayne ever did, though John Wayne had a tanker load of 'presence'. Problem is, he only ever played ONE part - JOHN WAYNE. Just different outfits and scripts.
I usually do not care for 'remakes' either, but will watch this one and judge it on it's own merits. The trailer scenes look good. Supposed to be somewhat 'grittier' than the original.

And.... don't think I don't like The Duke - I do collect his movies - he is THE iconic Cowboy actor!

Old 12-26-2010, 12:35 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2554 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 192

I saw it the other night. Pretty good. It sounds like everyone needs to spit. The girl nailed her part.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-26-2010, 12:39 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I keep hearing a saying in the commercial about a "One-Eyed Fat Man" I don't see any fat men in the commercial tho...??

Old 12-26-2010, 02:01 AM   #9

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I saw this movie with a open mind...Matt Damon and Jeff Bridges are all great in this picture. 1969 was 1969...This is 2010 or whats left of it...I say two thumbs up,what the h#ll...Go see it.....

Old 12-26-2010, 02:28 AM   #10

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Just got back from seeing it. It was good, but I guess I was expecting more. I agree with Robo that the girl nailed her part.