Trucker etiquette - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Trucker etiquette

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 01:40 AM   #61
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 274 Times on 160 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl

Whats a lower flash...?
No pants? Have an uncle that drove truck for many years and he has stories of things he's seen from that vantage point.

Real dogs drool!

Old 08-24-2013, 01:41 AM   #62

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
Whats a lower flash...?
What's lower than the twin's?

Old 08-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #63

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by emo View Post
No pants? Have an uncle that drove truck for many years and he has stories of things he's seen from that vantage point.
LOL...I know...Sometimes when Cindy and i go on a long drive, "Myrtle Beach or Ft Myers" its fun to flirt with the truckers. Helps pass the time, and stay awake... I just wish we could hear what they are saying to each other on the CB...lol. You can get alot of trucks bunched up in a hurry......

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 08-24-2013, 02:07 AM   #64

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emo View Post

Uh yea, ive seen that too!

Sometimes I like what I see (girl in a short skirt with leg proped up on the door), yeppeee!

Sometimes I dont like what I see (guy in a white work van that just couldnt wait till he got home to rub one out), yukk!

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 08-24-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-24-2013, 04:28 AM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1523

Saw a girl giving her boyfriend a BJ one time when I was driving down I-4. Saw a girl playing a flute (no not that kind...), had her arms hooked through the steering wheel playing away. Seen people reading newspapers, you'll see all kind of weirdness going on in cars if you drive a truck for any length of time.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This 
Old 08-24-2013, 05:00 AM   #66
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1552 Times on 950 Posts
Likes Given: 7928

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
The maximum hours was can drive at a time is 11 hours. Once we reach that limit a 10 hour break is mandatory. We can also work a total of 14 hours aday. The 11 hour clock counts towards the 14 hour clock. In other words, in one day Im allowed to log 11 hours of driving and an additional 3 hours of "on duty, not driving".

Securing loads, pre trip and post trip inspections of trucks and trailers are examples of on duty not driving time. Also any time a DOT officer is conducting an inspection of the rig, its trailer or load we have to remain on duty during that time.

Also, there is a limit on the hours we can work in a week. Its 60 hours for my company and 70 for other companies. Hit that limit and we have to stay off duty and off the road for 34 hours.

Of course the HOS (hours of service) laws dont apply to our personal vehicles.

I used to be able to climb in the truck, close the door and not stop for 11 hours but I doubt I could do it now since the most I drive at a time now is 3 hours before I stop to pickup or dump/deliver a load. It takes some time to build up your stamina to go 11 hours. It took me about 4 months to get to that point.

I will say driving a car/pickup/suv is not the same as driving a big rig. I find a big truck to be far more comfortable than a civilian vehicle. They are built for it tho.
Thanks for the info, I was wondring about that. You just saved me from having to call the 1 uncle of mine that I can not stand. It's pretty bad when his own brother will only refer to him as " Your Uncle Azzhole."

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 08-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #67
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 504 Times on 310 Posts

I was delivering a truck one time to Franklin From Baton Rough as I was going across the Atchafalaya River bridge witch is 20 miles long and all truck have to stay in the right lane. I watched a man read a book the whole way and never looked up.
I have gotten many of road jobs . And other things from one of my Exs.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 08-24-2013, 05:12 AM   #68
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1319 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
I learned my lesson some years back on the Atlanta raceway called I-285.
Nominal speed in the #1 lane at that time was 75-85. At the time I drove a Toyota
Supra so I could run out there. One morning I came up behind a car doing 'only'
70 or so, so I flashed my high beams. His brake lights came on and he came to a complete
stop in the fast lane, with me skidding to a stop behind him. Traffic behind was all darting
over to the #2 lane while we just sat there. After a few seconds I caught a break and
merged into the middle lane and got back up to speed. Then here he came, right up on my bumper,
flashing his lights. I move over, he pulls by, cuts in front of me, brushing my front bumper in the
process. By now I'm down to 30 mph or so. Then he sticks his foot in it and is gone.

He showed me! I never flashed my lights again.

Of course these days I drive a 10 year old Tahoe that has seen 80mph probably five times in its life.
Last time I was in Atlanta I drove in the #3 lane, slowing down for merging traffic.
I figured with my ‘old man' ears and Mississippi license plate no one expected any more!

ellis
I've never even heard of a jack@ss as big as that. He'd rather take the chance of killing somebody because you want to pass? That's absolutely stupid and selfish. One suggestion for encounters like that is to add something like this and use it. It helps your liability in an accident as well.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

ellis36 Likes This 
Old 08-24-2013, 05:16 AM   #69
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 504 Times on 310 Posts

It was a double post so I deleted it

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 08-24-2013, 05:23 AM   #70

Liked 63 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt
Saw a girl giving her boyfriend a BJ one time when I was driving down I-4. Saw a girl playing a flute (no not that kind...), had her arms hooked through the steering wheel playing away. Seen people reading newspapers, you'll see all kind of weirdness going on in cars if you drive a truck for any length of time.
Even riding on a bus can be like that. I think people don't realize how much can be seen by people in high vehicles.