Trucker etiquette - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Trucker etiquette

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #41
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7650 Times on 4597 Posts
Likes Given: 9567

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Don't engage a trucker in conversation - this could cause then to talk themselves to death lol
What do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Honestly thats a stupid move. When I drove OTR I never stopped for the night on and on/off ramp. It was strictly forbidden by my company.

Parking spots can be a little hard to find certain times of the day. It gets difficult to find a spot the later in the night you get since most drivers prefer to drive during the day and sleep at night.
Well, it is mostly at night. I start work at 0030. And that lot is pretty packed. It never occurred to me there would be no more room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich1377usmc View Post
They are the worlds oldest profession, AKA tunnel monkeys, LBFMs.... we men are pigs....... LOL
What is an LBFM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Whores. Sometimes just willing to trade sex for a ride. Sometimes for money or drugs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
NOthing like getting right to the point Trip
Quote:
No need to beat around the bush.
To be honest, I like "right to the point". Sometimes when I ask for an explanation, the answer is so cryptic I STILL don't know what something means. Whores........I know what those are. There's no guessing there.

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 08-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #42

Liked 636 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 1892

When my uncle drove for Burlington he once talked a lot lizard into a freebie. Wen she asked what truck he was in he said he was in the J.B.Hunt truck at the end of the lot, he also told her just to come on in.

Y'all should have seen that old man chase that poor girl when she climbed up and crossed the bunk curtain.

Last edited by kryptar19; 08-22-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #43

Liked 186 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 148

LBFM - lovely, beautiful, F**kable, MaMa..... in other words an old school MILF...... LOL

Old 08-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #44

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Don't engage a trucker in conversation - this could cause then to talk themselves to death lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

What do you mean?
They spend weeks at a time on the road. And while they do have radios, human beings are herd animals by nature. They will talk. Forever.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #45

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
No need to beat around the bush.
Ummm..yeah..that's what they are wanting..A little beating around he bush

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

KJG67 Likes This 
Old 08-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #46
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1335 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Here's a question. I often see trucks parked on the shoulder of the on or off ramp of an expressway. I assume they are resting. Why would they do this on a ramp of there is a perfectly nice truck stop 2 miles away?
If there is a scale less than 10 miles from the stopped truck, it might be overweight and waiting for the scales to close. If not dodging scales, it may just be he got too tired to drive and decided to save lives by pulling over. It's not always a bad thing, just life happening.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 08-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #47
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Ummm..yeah..that's what they are wanting..A little beating around he bush
Oh, Man! I can't believe you went there!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 08-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #48

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Most truckers dont care as long as they are getting flashed.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #49
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Freaking thank you! This doesn't apply to just when trucks are on the road either. And generally, it's a flat out dumb ass move to try and insert yourself into 70 mph traffic while you're doing 40.
Sorry,Trip, I forgot to add that! "Matching Speed" means you are AT the speed the traffic on the freeway is travelling at. Not the freeway speed limit, not the speed of the city street you were just on, not the speed you feel comfortable at.

There's one other thing to cover while on the subject of speed. Not all lanes are equal. Lanes are numbered from the median to the right, so the fast lane is always lane number 1, and if you were talking about a freeway with three lanes travelling the same direction, the middle lane is number 2 and the exit/on-ramp lane is number 3. The farthest lane right is the slow lane for beater cars or overloaded trucks. Those travelling faster can use any lane, however, the general rule of the road is "Drive Right, Pass Left." Meaning that, in general, you only use left-hand lanes to pass slower cars, moving right after passing the slower vehicle. This leaves the left lane(s) open for others to pass.

The above concept seems foreign to most drivers. They treat every lane like it is owned by them, and then get hopping mad when someone trying to pass goes around to the right or flashes them as a request to move over. If you see someone in your rear view mirror, move over! It is not an indictment of your driving, it is not a physical threat! It's someone that wants to travel faster than you, period. No, it doesn't matter that your doing the speed limit - those that I call the "Keepers of the Speed." When you monopolize a passing lane, you force those that want to get around you to change lanes twice, instead of you changing lanes once to the right. Since lane changes are the biggest causes of accidents, you are doubling the chance that something injurious or deadly will happen. Drive right and leave speed enforcement to the LEOs. Remember, it could be an undercover LEO trying to get to a crime in progress or a person trying to get their dying mother to a hospital. There are reasons for civilian cars to speed, and it's not up to other drivers to judge - you can't yet vote someone off of the freeway.

Last edited by TekGreg; 08-22-2013 at 05:41 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #50

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Greg, I want you to be my designated driver for the rest of my life. No, I don't drink (much), but you and I are definitely on the same page.