Truck tires - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Truck tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Apparently when I was reading the reviews on tirerack.com I was looking at the wrong Goodyear tire. The Goodyear wrangler radials is what I was considering, I just looked again and there were only 3 reviews two of which said they were good on wet surfaces and even had good traction in deep snow and on ice. I'm still looking around, still considering the mastercraft coursers tho.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 11-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #22
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1583 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 8250

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
I'm not really worried about road noise as its just my work truck, I'm more concerned with traction because its 2wd and let's face it I need all the help I can get in that department.

I know they may be cheaper but I refuse to take my vehicles to Walmart anymore after they decided to refuse to honor my road hazard warranty because I worked construction and they used a pair of channel lock pliers to tighten my oil filler cap on the 97 Dakota I used to have.

My local big o tires has a loyal customer, everytime I go in there they give it to me straight no bs and I couldn't tell you how many times he has patched/plugged my tires and not charged me when I hadn't even bought them from him. That's when I used to run the Walmart tires. The tires that are on it now I bought from them, big o brand sxp's. I'm was happy with them, except I only got two years outta them. Driving in a rock quarry will eat up your tires tho.

The goodyears were 103 each and I think the coopers were 89. I'm leaning more towards the goodyears.
Can't blame you on the Walmart thing. If that happened to one of my trucks, I wouldn't go back either. Part of the reason I still go to TLE at WM is that I have a tire machine and spin balancer in my home shop. I just do a cash and carry on the tires, and do them at home. I went to Big O for my summer tires 4 years ago ( they were around the corner from where I bought my second set of rims for my F150, so it made sense to drop in) And they gave me a good price on a set of Firestone destination ATs. I was, and still am, very pleased with the service I got. I see some very good options from the other posts, and pretty much every tire that has been recomended will serve you well. Best of luck.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?