Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Truck Full of Ammo Stoped at the Mexican Border

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 71

First off guys, Border Patrol doesn't work at the Port of Entry, thats Customs.

Also, I've seen a alot of idiots drive into Mexico and didn't know it until it was to late. All you got to do is read the giant signs telling you where your going. I've even seen alot of Cops go south during a vehicle pursuits. Now watching them try and make their way back north was interesting. Needles to say their vehicles were a little banged up in the process.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #12

Liked 359 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I wish a truck like that would make a wrong turn and stop at my house. That should be enough ammo for about a month or so!

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #13

Liked 198 Times on 137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLonzo

Also, I've seen a alot of idiots drive into Mexico and didn't know it until it was to late. All you got to do is read the giant signs telling you where your going. I've even seen alot of Cops go south during a vehicle pursuits. Now watching them try and make their way back north was interesting. Needles to say their vehicles were a little banged up in the process.
Its CBP...Customs and Border Patrol...its the same dept. Border patrol does work the border and ports of entry. They also have checkpoints north of the border in all southern states that border mexico. In AZ on I-19 coming north from Nogales to Tucson you'll hit one of those checkpoints about 15 miles from the border. Ive also been through the checkpoint north of Laredo Tx about 20 times as well as ones in New Mexico, others in Texas, Arizona and California.

Yes, there are signs that warn of that you are about to cross the border. You would have to be a real idiot to not see the signs or be asleep at the wheel...i dont know whats worse.

Also alot of the times vehicles are stopped at the border is because the driver or occupants seemed to act strange. CBP officers say that a real red flag is things like a driver looking away to avoid eye contact or someone acting figgity or restless. A small number of vehicles are actually stopped and searched. Dogs are also used heavily. Everytime i went through one there was at least one K-9 team between each traffic lane.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 04-20-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #14

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLonzo View Post
Border Patrol works all points of entry/egress along our southern border. I would think, it's just a guess, but I would think that a truck full of ammo, heading south to Mexico, might warrant a little bit more thorough a looksee

But like I stated earlier, the driver supposedly asked for cop for directions? and there is a place to turn around before one gets to the bridge! So how the hell did this guy end up south of da border?

Something doesn't smell right

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 04-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #15

Liked 35 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Customs and Border Patrol are not the same thing. I joined the Border Patrol back in 1992. Sometimes Border Patrol Agents are assigned to help out at the POE but its usually Customs job to watch traffic going north and south. POE and checkpoints are also two different things.

As far as this guy going south, he's an idiot. There are huge signs everywhere warning you, you are about to enter Mexico.

I'm with you on this one dog, something doesn't smell right. Lets see what comes up of this.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 522 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLonzo View Post
As far as this guy going south, he's an idiot. There are huge signs everywhere warning you, you are about to enter Mexico.

I'm with you on this one dog, something doesn't smell right. Lets see what comes up of this.
Me thinks whoever hired him was looking for a knuckle dragging in bred mouth breather that would work for whatever wage they paid him. GPS, we don't need to friggin GPS, those things cost money.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #17

Liked 198 Times on 137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux

Me thinks whoever hired him was looking for a knuckle dragging in bred mouth breather that would work for whatever wage they paid him. GPS, we don't need to friggin GPS, those things cost money.
You cant fully trust gps in a big rig anyways

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 04-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 987 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 1779

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Something definitely smells wrong here ... a trucker asks a cop how he can turn around and he is directed to proceed crossing an international border? a truck full of ammo heads south and Border Patrol doesn't catch it?

and I still don't buy the fact hat he made a wrong turn - don't all these interstate truckers have gps? Exiting I-10 puts you onto Rt54, you then have to exit off of Rt54 to get onto I-110 to get to the International Bridge of the Americas. I don't buy it, Phoenix is west and no signs on those roads say WEST not to mention there is a place to turn around before you get to the bridge!
had he went the wrong way on Rt 54 and drove another 1100 miles he could have dropped it off at my place