Truck Full of Ammo Stoped at the Mexican Border
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Truck Full of Ammo Stoped at the Mexican Border

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 795 Times on 519 Posts
Likes Given: 893

Default Truck Full of Ammo Stoped at the Mexican Border

Quote:
The U.S. truck driver detained by Mexican authorities Tuesday with 268,000 rounds of ammunition was transporting a legal cargo to Phoenix but mistakenly exited to Juárez, the man's employer said on Wednesday.
Dennis Mekenye, owner of Demco Transportation Inc. in Arlington, Texas, said Bogan Jabin Akeem, 27, left Dallas on Monday with a trailer with nine pallets containing the ammunition.

The cargo was being taken from Tennessee to an ammunition retailer in Phoenix called United Nations Ammo Co. as part of a legitimate transaction, Mekenye said.
Akeem made a stop in El Paso and, before driving the last stretch toward Phoenix, he accidentally took a wrong turn toward the international Bridge of the Americas, his boss said.
Story Here: http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_20429521/boss-driver-took-wrong-turn-into-juarez-load-ammo?source=most_viewed

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-20-2012, 06:17 AM   #2

Liked 3736 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

How the hell do you make a wrong turn off of I-10 and head towards Mexico?

something doesn't smell right about this story

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #3

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Could be it happened that way. What if old Jobin Akeem had not have got caught at the border. He would be one rich dude? I wonder?

Old 04-20-2012, 06:37 AM   #4

Liked 795 Times on 519 Posts
Likes Given: 893

The thing I find funny is, They found it on his way back to the US... If he wanted to he coulda dropped it off in Mexico....

Old 04-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #5

Liked 2552 Times on 1655 Posts

" what are you gonna say, you slipped and fell and your @!#& fell into my wife?" -- from die hard. See any correlation to this thread?

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 04-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Maybe Obama and Holder decided that they needed to supply the ammo for those guns they illegally sent across the border.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #7

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
" what are you gonna say, you slipped and fell and your @!#& fell into my wife?" -- from die hard. See any correlation to this thread?
That’s from The Last Boy Scout, actually.

“When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said the man with the pistol’s a dead man. Let’s see if that’s true.”

Old 04-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #8

Liked 3736 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
The thing I find funny is, They found it on his way back to the US... If he wanted to he coulda dropped it off in Mexico....
Something definitely smells wrong here ... a trucker asks a cop how he can turn around and he is directed to proceed crossing an international border? a truck full of ammo heads south and Border Patrol doesn't catch it?

and I still don't buy the fact hat he made a wrong turn - don't all these interstate truckers have gps? Exiting I-10 puts you onto Rt54, you then have to exit off of Rt54 to get onto I-110 to get to the International Bridge of the Americas. I don't buy it, Phoenix is west and no signs on those roads say WEST not to mention there is a place to turn around before you get to the bridge!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #9

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

Something definitely smells wrong here ... a trucker asks a cop how he can turn around and he is directed to proceed crossing an international border? a truck full of ammo heads south and Border Patrol doesn't catch it?

and I still don't buy the fact hat he made a wrong turn - don't all these interstate truckers have gps? Exiting I-10 puts you onto Rt54, you then have to exit off of Rt54 to get onto I-110 to get to the International Bridge of the Americas. I don't buy it, Phoenix is west and no signs on those roads say WEST not to mention there is a place to turn around before you get to the bridge!
No, not all truckers have gps and i have been through many Border Patrol check points and never been searched. All they ever ask me when i pulled into the checkpoint was "Are you an American citizen?" Of course im a white redheaded irish guy that looks like 'Scott' from the Scott's commercials.

Id say he got some bad directions and coupled with the fact that he wasnt paying attention to signs he crossed the border. When i drove OTR, on more than a couple trips i got some really bad directions from my company via the Qual-comm sat link. Once ended up way out in B.F.E. in southern indiana on a narrow gravel farm road with a bridge with a 3 ton weight limit in front of me.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 04-20-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #10
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Is it just me or does the drivers name sound like he is related to Obama? On a serious note I find this entire thing hard to believe. I've never been over the border but I would assume its well posted.

I don't need No stinking signature.