Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Truck Full of Ammo Stoped at the Mexican Border (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/truck-full-ammo-stoped-mexican-border-62910/)

Trez 04-20-2012 04:56 AM

Truck Full of Ammo Stoped at the Mexican Border

Quote:

The U.S. truck driver detained by Mexican authorities Tuesday with 268,000 rounds of ammunition was transporting a legal cargo to Phoenix but mistakenly exited to Juárez, the man's employer said on Wednesday.
Dennis Mekenye, owner of Demco Transportation Inc. in Arlington, Texas, said Bogan Jabin Akeem, 27, left Dallas on Monday with a trailer with nine pallets containing the ammunition.

The cargo was being taken from Tennessee to an ammunition retailer in Phoenix called United Nations Ammo Co. as part of a legitimate transaction, Mekenye said.
Akeem made a stop in El Paso and, before driving the last stretch toward Phoenix, he accidentally took a wrong turn toward the international Bridge of the Americas, his boss said.
Story Here: http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_20429521/boss-driver-took-wrong-turn-into-juarez-load-ammo?source=most_viewed

dog2000tj 04-20-2012 05:17 AM

How the hell do you make a wrong turn off of I-10 and head towards Mexico? :confused:

something doesn't smell right about this story :cool:

Durangokid 04-20-2012 05:20 AM

Could be it happened that way. What if old Jobin Akeem had not have got caught at the border. He would be one rich dude? I wonder?:D

Trez 04-20-2012 05:37 AM

The thing I find funny is, They found it on his way back to the US... If he wanted to he coulda dropped it off in Mexico....

primer1 04-20-2012 05:41 AM

" what are you gonna say, you slipped and fell and your @!#& fell into my wife?" -- from die hard. See any correlation to this thread?

texaswoodworker 04-20-2012 05:44 AM

Maybe Obama and Holder decided that they needed to supply the ammo for those guns they illegally sent across the border.

Black Talon 04-20-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by primer1 (Post 776577)
" what are you gonna say, you slipped and fell and your @!#& fell into my wife?" -- from die hard. See any correlation to this thread?

That’s from The Last Boy Scout, actually.

dog2000tj 04-20-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trez (Post 776573)
The thing I find funny is, They found it on his way back to the US... If he wanted to he coulda dropped it off in Mexico....

Something definitely smells wrong here ... a trucker asks a cop how he can turn around and he is directed to proceed crossing an international border? :eek: a truck full of ammo heads south and Border Patrol doesn't catch it? :eek:

and I still don't buy the fact hat he made a wrong turn - don't all these interstate truckers have gps? Exiting I-10 puts you onto Rt54, you then have to exit off of Rt54 to get onto I-110 to get to the International Bridge of the Americas. I don't buy it, Phoenix is west and no signs on those roads say WEST :cool: not to mention there is a place to turn around before you get to the bridge! :rolleyes:

dragunovsks 04-20-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj

Something definitely smells wrong here ... a trucker asks a cop how he can turn around and he is directed to proceed crossing an international border? :eek: a truck full of ammo heads south and Border Patrol doesn't catch it? :eek:

and I still don't buy the fact hat he made a wrong turn - don't all these interstate truckers have gps? Exiting I-10 puts you onto Rt54, you then have to exit off of Rt54 to get onto I-110 to get to the International Bridge of the Americas. I don't buy it, Phoenix is west and no signs on those roads say WEST :cool: not to mention there is a place to turn around before you get to the bridge! :rolleyes:

No, not all truckers have gps and i have been through many Border Patrol check points and never been searched. All they ever ask me when i pulled into the checkpoint was "Are you an American citizen?" Of course im a white redheaded irish guy that looks like 'Scott' from the Scott's commercials.

Id say he got some bad directions and coupled with the fact that he wasnt paying attention to signs he crossed the border. When i drove OTR, on more than a couple trips i got some really bad directions from my company via the Qual-comm sat link. Once ended up way out in B.F.E. in southern indiana on a narrow gravel farm road with a bridge with a 3 ton weight limit in front of me.

mountainman13 04-20-2012 01:09 PM

Is it just me or does the drivers name sound like he is related to Obama? On a serious note I find this entire thing hard to believe. I've never been over the border but I would assume its well posted.