Trouble in mrm's house - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Trouble in mrm's house

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 01:28 AM   #41
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Truly sorry to hear about you being between the rock and a hard place in your own home. Hire an attorney ASAP, he will put the legal prospective in place fast and help you get her out of your home. The items lost might be gone for good but you need to get this person out of your home now. Installing cameras is a good idea as it will document the events in the home. If she has email or text messening that is they way you should comunicate with her as it provides a documented exchange. If she has either first go back and express all the issues and tell her you want to resolve them "in a positive way". This provides a base for your concerns and if she responds it adds to the creditibility to the issues. An attorney can tell you how quickly you can get her out of your home, if it's more than a day. I'd look at a domestic violance claim. With that you can have her removed right then, get a restraining order and no tresspass order before she gets out of jail. You might have to use your imiganation to do this but believe it or not I expect you are in danger, she is about to become homeless and seems to have friends that that are seedy. Not a large strech to consider one big take before losing the meal ticket.

Keep frosty and get legal advice fast.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:52 AM   #42

Liked 348 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Update here: Last night I got home and the bicycle had been returned. She had until Friday (tomorrow) to return the bicycle as per the Demand for return of personal property notice I had mailed her. This was the property that would have been upgraded to grand theft if she had not returned it by the 10 working days from the issue date of the notice I mailed her. The camera was just under $500.00 and is reported as petty theft. Because I live in the County of Sacramento and I'm positive the camera is in the City of Sacramento I had to go to the City Police to file a report there so they could search this pawn shop records to find it. The Sacramento City Police as well as the Sacramento County Sheriffs departments are going through cut backs in finances and staff due to our states budget deficit. The City Police dont seem to want to put out an effort for a property of so little value. It was said I could turn it over to my insurance. Well I already knew that. Not worth turning it in with the increased premiem rates doing so will cause.

The pawn shops wont give out information on property or names of people who have pawned items to anyone but law enforcement.

Reguardless, I've started evicition process on her to get her out of my house and it looks like it will take awhile before I can legally get her out. If she hadn't returned the bicycle I could have had her out in about a week.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
The pawn shops wont give out information on property or names of people who have pawned items to anyone but law enforcement.

Reguardless, I've started evicition process on her to get her out of my house and it looks like it will take awhile before I can legally get her out. If she hadn't returned the bicycle I could have had her out in about a week.
Well, at least you got your bike back.

On the pawnshops, find a friendly/talkative officer from your area of town and ask him about pawn shops with bad reputations as fences. I doubt she would've pawned it, so it is probably already on display for sale; do some shopping or even just calling around for that brand/model. Of course, not everything gets fenced at a pawn shop, especially in certain circles.

Good luck!